Post-Game Talk: Panthers/Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I'm very proud of the play of both Huberdeau and Barkov lately. They are really helping to carry this team down the stretch. What can you say about Jagr? The guy is a legend and just the kind of pro those guys needed to look up to and learn from. I only with they would have acquired him sooner.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I hope they come out tomorrow **** ing mad., and just run the sens over... turn it into an absolute gong show... [mod] take open ice runs, drop the gloves and pummel the sens... send a message to what penalties look like if they wanna call em anyway... take the loss I don't **** ing care anymore... I might be raging and a but drunk

Don't worry about it man, I barely noticed. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
First and foremost, the worse thing that happened today was that Boston gained a point on us

at the end of the day, I said I was confident we would leave Ottawa tomorrow down by 1 point, I still stand by that.

I am also a believer in Carolina upsetting Boston tomorrow, giving us a chance to tie Boston Tuesday.

Panthers took a bullet today, but lived through it and is still alive. we still control our Destiny against Boston

Boston: at Carolina, Florida, at Detroit.

Ottawa:Florida, at Detroit, Tampa

Florida: Ottawa, Boston, then home vs Carolina.

we will be in 8th place at the end of these next 3 games. you can book it damn it!

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Panthers played well tonight. Gudbranson played well too coming back. They just need to be more disciplined. You can't rely on the refs for anything. Panthers have to win their own games with or without help.:yo:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And enough with Kopecky experiment. if he isn't effective then he isnt freaking effective. sit him. done.

I'd rather roll with 7 dmen with Kampfer on the 4th line rather than use TKop.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
And enough with Kopecky experiment. if he isn't effective then he isnt freaking effective. sit him. done.

I'd rather roll with 7 dmen with Kampfer on the 4th line rather than use TKop.

freaking bolland has been a major problem as well. imo, more than kopy! at least kopy is disciplined, bolland consistently takes stupid penalties at key times in the game. he's cost us more than a few points down the stretch.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Bjugstad were healthy I'd say sure.

no choice now. and no, Bolland has contributed more than TKop at this point.

His best season was when he was with Hossa, so he needs skill players to be successful. If he isn't going to be used like such, then he does not fit in the line-up.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
If Bjugstad were healthy I'd say sure.

no choice now. and no, Bolland has contributed more than TKop at this point.

His best season was when he was with Hossa, so he needs skill players to be successful. If he isn't going to be used like such, then he does not fit in the line-up.

i guess we disagree. i just consistently see so many negatives in bollands play. sure kopy's not helping either, but i feel that he presents less over all negatives. in a perfect world i would not have either one on my team the way they are both playing at present.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
47 points now for Huberdeau. Likely to hit 50, which is a huge step for him coming off of last year (and the first two months this season)

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
only watched the first. What happened? The refs ****ed us in OT and conveniently missed 20 montreal penalties throughout the game?...Shocker.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
First and foremost, the worse thing that happened today was that Boston gained a point on us

at the end of the day, I said I was confident we would leave Ottawa tomorrow down by 1 point, I still stand by that.

I am also a believer in Carolina upsetting Boston tomorrow, giving us a chance to tie Boston Tuesday.

Panthers took a bullet today, but lived through it and is still alive. we still control our Destiny against Boston

Boston: at Carolina, Florida, at Detroit.

Ottawa:Florida, at Detroit, Tampa

Florida: Ottawa, Boston, then home vs Carolina.

we will be in 8th place at the end of these next 3 games. you can book it damn it!

In the 99% chance they miss I hope you're not too crushed.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
no one should be too crushed after this season, playoffs or not.

Don't Wanna say I wont be too crushed cause I probably will. as a sports fan, the Panthers are my number one team across all sports, followed by my Dallas Mavericks.

I'm proud of this team no matter what, but it's still sad to see them lose. I'd say, seeing the Panthers not make the playoffs is equal in dissapointment when the mavs lose in the playoffs. And seeing the Panthers lose in the playoffs was more crushing than when the mavs lost in 2006 in the finals.

But, as has been the case since 93, Panthers fan for life!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
no one should be too crushed after this season, playoffs or not.

I know, I have said the same many times.

Don't Wanna say I wont be too crushed cause I probably will. as a sports fan, the Panthers are my number one team across all sports, followed by my Dallas Mavericks.

I'm proud of this team no matter what, but it's still sad to see them lose. I'd say, seeing the Panthers not make the playoffs is equal in dissapointment when the mavs lose in the playoffs. And seeing the Panthers lose in the playoffs was more crushing than when the mavs lost in 2006 in the finals.

But, as has been the case since 93, Panthers fan for life!

It has been a great season though, it's something to hang your hat on.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Have you guys looked at Washington's schedule btw? if we win tomorrow and a Washington loss, we would trail them by 5 at even games, and their schedule is super tough.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Have you guys looked at Washington's schedule btw? if we win tomorrow and a Washington loss, we would trail them by 5 at even games, and their schedule is super tough.

They'd literally have to go like 1-7 or 2-6 at the most for us to even have close to a chance. I just can't see that happening, but I wish.

EDIT: Just throwing some scenarios out for you guys.

If Boston loses against Carolina and us and we win against Boston and Ottawa we are tied with Boston with the same amount of games played. These next two games are the most important games of the entire season. Depending if we win those two games, that last game against Boston could be extremely crucial.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They'd literally have to go like 1-7 or 2-6 at the most for us to even have close to a chance. I just can't see that happening, but I wish.

EDIT: Just throwing some scenarios out for you guys.

If Boston loses against Carolina and us and we win against Boston and Ottawa we are tied with Boston with the same amount of games played. These next two games are the most important games of the entire season.

@rangers
carolina
@Montreal
@ottawa
@Detroit
Boston
New York

if they beat Ottawa and Boston, we gain ground on those two with wins.
if they lose, gain ground on Washington with wins.

they could very well go 2 and 5 right there and finish at 94 points.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
@rangers
carolina
@Montreal
@ottawa
@Detroit
Boston
New York

if they beat Ottawa and Boston, we gain ground on those two with wins.
if they lose, gain ground on Washington with wins.

they could very well go 2 and 5 right there and finish at 94 points.

Not saying it's impossible, I hope it happens. Fate is in our hands :handclap:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Even if Washington falters, we still have to jump Ottawa and Boston. Washington can falter, and we could still be on the outside. We two regulation wins in these next two games, period. Do that, then we can talk about Washington as well.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Stayed up to watch the game. The refs ¤#"#¤.......... Then you always get a praise in the Europe of how good the NHL refs are when watching International hockey and really awful IIHF referee'ing in the WC tournaments. Turns out they are always on par when you tune in for Panthers' games.

But o'boy is Barkov amasing. The first goal was just highlight reel kind of a showcase. The line is just on fire today and as long as Jagr stays next season things are looking bright.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Regardless of what happens these last couple of weeks, this team is going to be very good in the very near future. We are just starting to get good, when other teams in the East are getting older, and not as dominant as years past. With the right tweaks in the offseason, there is not doubt in my mind we will be a top six team in the East next year.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Gudbranson played really well. Awesome to see after that bad game against Tampa.

Jagr-Barkov-Huberdeau. Panthers have never had three players of this caliber playing together. I can't remember anything like this on our team. For all of Tallon's faults, trading for Jagr has been a master stroke.

Petrovic was great.

Hayes is not playing well right now. If he is not in front of the opposing net, he is useless. He needs to play enagaged. Playes too soft right now. Maybe he should be swapped with Upshall and sent to the 4th line.

Campbell is a minute eater, but not putting up as much scoring as we need for an offensively starved team.

IMHO, we have Bjugstad we win that game last night. Panthers leaving points on the board because of lack of finish / Carey Price and we were missing our best goal scorer.

I don't think Bolland is a problem. His contract is bad, but he is solid in his role. Boyes,Bolland, Jokinen is not a game breaking line, but is a decent all around line that can be deployed in nearly any situation. They can stabilize play at times.

I'm angry at the refs, but the Panthers have to win to get that respect. Its nothing new to us, been this way for the past 6 or 7 years. Another obstacle to overcome, yet it is possible. The Panthers have to become so good that they are undeniable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad