Friedman: Panthers Goalie Situation

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Mrazek at $2 million for a 2018 2nd or 3rd round pick, If need be he doesn't have to be qualified and can walk as a UFA next summer he probably wouldn't command all that much any ways by the way he's playing.
then why would we want to get rid of a 2nd round pick for a guy we're not going to qualify because he's too expensive?

Mrazek isn't an option. unless you want to take Reimer back in return. We're not going to pay two bad goalies $4mil a year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With both Luongo and Reimer set to make ~6.5M combined next season, I can't see Florida adding a third goalie unless he has a very cheap caphit.

Do they just want a short-term band-aid until Luongo is back from injury? Or are they looking for a longer-term solution? If it's longer term, that means waiving Reimer or trying to retain salary in order to move him. Can't really see them keeping 3 guys in the NHL.

If they go for potential future starter it would be someone with a cheap contract.

Florida can't keep going like this forever, they have a chance to have a nice looking F group next year with Borgstrom/Tippett/Mascherin/Heponiemi developing, D-core and goaltending need outside help, desperately I would say.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I was thinking Tristan Jarry to. He’s young and has looked good while Murray is out. With Murray coming back what about this.

Pen:
Jarry
Sheary
Hagelin

Florida:
Bjustad
Reimer

Florida gets read of reimer and gets a young goalie and winger

Pens get a guy who could move to Center and jump Sheahan down. They also get a vet to back up Murray. Hagelin goes for cap reasons.

Thoughts? Value seems close

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I was thinking Tristan Jarry to. He’s young and has looked good while Murray is out. With Murray coming back what about this.

Pen:
Jarry
Sheary
Hagelin

Florida:
Bjustad
Reimer

Florida gets read of reimer and gets a young goalie and winger

Pens get a guy who could move to Center and jump Sheahan down. They also get a vet to back up Murray. Hagelin goes for cap reasons.

Thoughts? Value seems close
No god no. Jarry+Hagelin for Bjugstad+Reimer would be close, but I don’t move Jarry just yet.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If the Cats want someone for their future already able to play a few game / backup role they need to look into Charlie Lindgren

He did very well when Price was out this season. Canadiens are loaded between the pipes with Fucale, McNiven, Hawkey and with Price still good for a few years they can afford to lose him if the return is interesting

Myself I'd like to get a decent forward/dman prospect for him, but I'm thinking the organization are still in a win-now mode and might look for a veteran, I'm afraid. Not sure who Florida has to offer?

We'd have to get McCann back in that deal. Who adds?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
If the Cats want someone for their future already able to play a few game / backup role they need to look into Charlie Lindgren

He did very well when Price was out this season. Canadiens are loaded between the pipes with Fucale, McNiven, Hawkey and with Price still good for a few years they can afford to lose him if the return is interesting

Myself I'd like to get a decent forward/dman prospect for him, but I'm thinking the organization are still in a win-now mode and might look for a veteran, I'm afraid. Not sure who Florida has to offer?

I heard Lindgren two choices were Montreal and Florida. He picked Montreal in the end. I don't know if that's good determining factor for Florida OR both parties have moved on from each other moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad