Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins - Livin on a Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Panthers @ Bruins 3/31/15

Just another meaningless game at the end of a season. Is anyone even planning on watching this one?

Probably Luongo vs. Rask but hold for confirmation.

They're missing their best defenseman in Hamilton but recently got Krejci back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So, here we are folks. Game 76. Who knew this game would be this big. Here's to hoping the homestand means much more than just a send off to our Cats.

Anyone hear anything on Luongo yet?

After sleeping on it, I think TKop and Trocheck should be the scratches.

Hayes has been pretty bad, but team needs his size in the line-up. it's pretty much TKop or Hayes plays, but I don't know, maybe trocheck can bounce back.

Teams are beginning to game plan against Pirri and is being rendered ineffective. Dude is like Kyle Korver. pure shooter, average to below average at everything else. without shooting space, he can't do much...yet. I'm confident he will improve this summer.

But beyond all that, all energies, focus, and mojo Should be focused on tomorrow.

and I think, it all starts with Jagr tomorrow (besides whoever starts in net). Need Jagr to be the best player on the ice both sides, or damn close to it.

Been thinking about this game all day!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So, here we are folks. Game 76. Who knew this game would be this big. Here's to hoping the homestand means much more than just a send off to our Cats.

Hayes has been pretty bad, but team needs his size in the line-up. it's pretty much TKop or Hayes plays, but I don't know, maybe trocheck can bounce back.

Teams are beginning to game plan against Pirri and is being rendered ineffective. Dude is like Kyle Korver. pure shooter, average to below average at everything else. without shooting space, he can't do much...yet. I'm confident he will improve this summer.

But beyond all that, all energies, focus, and mojo Should be focused on tomorrow.

and I think, it all starts with Jagr tomorrow (besides whoever starts in net). Need Jagr to be the best player on the ice both sides, or damn close to it.

Pirri needs linemates that are scoring threats too. He never plays with anyone that can score too. Never thought I'd say this but with Bjugs out I want to see Jokinen-Bolland-Pirri

Trocheck-Hayes are so bad defensibly right now. Still one of them rather play over Kopecky. He should not play a single game anymore. He's not a NHL player anymore.

Is Thornton injured or scratched?

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

I agree about everything you said pretty much. I'm not a big Hayes fan, not sure how he has 18 goals. I'm hoping someone bites on his goal production this offseason and we can use him in a package for a better player.

Kopecky should definitely be scratched. He's been really bad lately.

Trocheck is a liability defensively, but we need his offensive skill in the lineup with Bjugstad out. Keep him in, and bench him if we get a lead (like Gallant did in Ottawa)

Pirri's shooting ability is unquestionable. He's also put up some big assist numbers in the minors, so despite his awful stats in that regard this year, he probably has some playmaking ability as well. But he's so damn slow and soft on the puck. He needs to get quicker and stronger to truly be an effective scorer, and not one-trick pony.

I'd scratch Kopecky and Kampfer. Just not a big fan of a defensman playing wing over someone that has played that position his entire career. All it takes is one mistake from inexperience to cost us the game, and the playoffs. If you don't trust Kopecky or Thornton, then bring someone up from San Antonio who you can trust. This is too big of a game.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Whens Howden going to be available? Let Kopy sit the rest of the year. I think Hayes needs another benching as well.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Trocheck is a liability defensively, but we need his offensive skill in the lineup with Bjugstad out. Keep him in, and bench him if we get a lead (like Gallant did in Ottawa)
I think he was sat down after his untimely penalty at a critical moment in the game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't get why people think Pirri is slow. I think he's a pretty good skater.

I dont think he is slow, but he definitely isnt a speedster in my opinion.

People might be knocking him for Karlsson absolutely chasing him down, but thats not really Pirri's fault lol.

I just think if he isn't open or can't get a shot off quickly, he is pretty ineffective.

Montreal and Ottawa game-planned for him and he was pretty absent both games.

Kyle Korver man. Pure Shooter right now

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Per GR, Luongo is expected starter tomorrow.

Chance to Exorcise some demons Lou! I know you got that inner hate for Boston. Play lights out please!!!!

Steve Goldstein trying to start a war

https://instagram.com/p/03qiiru0h8/

haha

Yeah, hope we have an answer for Bergeron and Marchand. They've been tough to handle for us. I guess for any team.

I predict Pirri gets his first assist tonight since February.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Arise Panther fam. It's time to go bear huntin'

giphy.gif

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
the most important game so far of the season and i'll miss it cuz i have to get up early for a job interview tomorrow. **** my ****ing life.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
the most important game so far of the season and i'll miss it cuz i have to get up early for a job interview tomorrow. **** my ****ing life.

If it makes you feel better, NHL Network decided to pick up the game so my Game Center gets blacked out, and I get out of work 1 hour after puck drop, then have to drive home which takes 40 minutes, so Ill be listening to Randy Moller.

BTW, didnt you mistime the Ottawa game and slept through it?

spacemanatee is confirmed good luck charm when he is sleeping beauty :D:naughty::walrus:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Another must win game, in regulation. Would be huge if we could do that, if we lose in regulation its gonna be almost impossible to make the playoffs.

GO CATS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad