GDT: Panthers @ Avalanche | Time to show some bouncebackability! 7pm MST/ ALT2

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Not a fan to be honest.
This season is all about development.
Your lines essentially mean that we will have to trade atleast one of ROR or Stastny in order to make room for Mac down the middle in the near future. (probably both).

We were playing great at the beginning because we had essentially 3 offensively potent scoring lines.

After losing both Tanguay and Downie along with moving up Mac and PAP, we completely lost that edge. It is way easier to shut us down now.
Add that the defense and goaltending finally have come down to earth and one can see why we are losing.

With your lines we would waste Stastny again. Tanguay will be out for a while and Talbot is the kind of guy Stastny had to play with for the last few seasons (glorified 4th liner) and not exactly excelled. Stastny needs teammates who can belong into a top 6 to play with.
Talbot certainly is not that.

Keep ROR as a winger please.

Fully agree with this post. What is hurting the team the most is the lack of depth. Just the injury to Tangs shook up all 3 lines and essentially turned it into two good lines and two crap lines. Well the 4th line is playing better than the 3rd if you ask me.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Although it is a fun to beat up on the defense and not all the golden calves up front, the last couple games have really shown what happens when the forwards are cheating a bit in the D-zone and sloppy with control in the O-zone.

There is also a lot more East-West play with the forwards than North South entering the zone. Avs were doing well early when skating in the puck deep and then working for the chances. This new trend of multiple tic tac passes at or just inside the blue line is getting infuriating.

MacK played pretty good again tonight
Bords had a couple nice plays where he used his frame to protect the puck and get it out of the D-zone.
Hejda and EJ were good again mostly, but by instinct EJ seems to sink back too much on the PK.
Dutch had another meh game
Landy and Stastny were again solid, but not one of their better games.

Can't say I liked much about the game, but the sky isn't falling yet. The effort and pace to start the year was not likely to be maintained and with the loss of Downie and injuries to Tanguay and Wilson, it will show a lot about who can really step up and lead this team when times are tough. Unfortunately, no one has done that yet.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
MacKinnon had 7 SOG and went 100% for faceoffs, that's your new #1 center folks. The reason why Roy screwed up the lines to put MacKinnon at wing was to give him more ice time. If Duchene is out he is not going to stick MacKinnon back on the third line.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
MacKinnon had 7 SOG and went 100% for faceoffs, that's your new #1 center folks. The reason why Roy screwed up the lines to put MacKinnon at wing was to give him more ice time. If Duchene is out he is not going to stick MacKinnon back on the third line.

Lots of those SOG where weak wristers or slappers from just inside the blue line with no traffic in front of the net.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Not a fan to be honest.
This season is all about development.
Your lines essentially mean that we will have to trade atleast one of ROR or Stastny in order to make room for Mac down the middle in the near future. (probably both).

We were playing great at the beginning because we had essentially 3 offensively potent scoring lines.

After losing both Tanguay and Downie along with moving up Mac and PAP, we completely lost that edge. It is way easier to shut us down now.
Add that the defense and goaltending finally have come down to earth and one can see why we are losing.

With your lines we would waste Stastny again. Tanguay will be out for a while and Talbot is the kind of guy Stastny had to play with for the last few seasons (glorified 4th liner) and not exactly excelled. Stastny needs teammates who can belong into a top 6 to play with.
Talbot certainly is not that.

Keep ROR as a winger please.

why? ROR sucks as a winger. Put him back at center and give us 3 decent lines.

Or at least do:

Landeskog - O'Reilly - McGinn
MacKinnon - Stastny - Parenteau

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I agree having three lines that push the puck and actually can score worked. Losing Tangs And Downie have hurt the teams resiliency at offence. Players looked flat and out of sync with each other. We still have good talant and a sling as the guys playing now stay healthy we should bounce back, but honestly I'm scratching my head and a$$ now wondering how we looked so bad against too really poor clubs in the last three games?
Teams need to play together, we came together and played sound vs Wash. 1st lose (in streak)we failed to score with multiple great scoring chances. Game two we got devoured on PK Loss three for the streak, this game, again showed the flaws in team play and in offence. When we where winning it was easy to overlook these, now there in our face.
Ouch, hope we can beat Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
I got a chance to talk to Mcnabb before the game last night. I know most of you won't take his word for it as he sugar coats everything he says on tv, but I specifically asked him to give me his honest opinion in what he sees with the Avs. He said obviously the Avs won't win the cup this year but are a couple of pieces away in having a solid team competing for the cup. I also asked who he thinks is going to be the real deal and he said MacKinnon. I thought he was just messing around when he said that so I asked again and he said it with confidence that MacKinnon will be absolutely a stud within the next couple years. Although it's not a surprise to many but it was still a nice chat with him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I feel like Roy is going to put ROR at center, and have an epiphany.

Hopefully not, and I never thought I'd say that at the beginning of the season. Nate needs to play at center with the bigger role. As tough as it is to lose Dutchy, this is the perfect break for Nate to take the next step in his development, and show what he's got with talented linemates.

He should take Duchene's spot between O'Reilly and PAP.

O'Reilly - MacKinnon - PAP
Landy - Staz - McGinn
bleh - bleh - bleh
McLeod - bleh - Bordy

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Hopefully not, and I never thought I'd say that at the beginning of the season. Nate needs to play at center with the bigger role. As tough as it is to lose Dutchy, this is the perfect break for Nate to take the next step in his development, and show what he's got with talented linemates.

He should take Duchene's spot between O'Reilly and PAP.

O'Reilly - MacKinnon - PAP
Landy - Staz - McGinn
bleh - bleh - bleh
McLeod - bleh - Bordy

I like this tbh. Mac could really take off with two quality linemates and step up his output. .

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
The panic around here is borderline awesome.

3 game losing streak and people are begging for O'Money to be moved back to center and for Stastny to be traded or moved back to having crap wingers on the 3rd line.

God I love this place.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

3 game losing streak and people are begging for O'Money to be moved back to center and for Stastny to be traded or moved back to having crap wingers on the 3rd line.

God I love this place.

Have you checked the standings?

Avs are now 6th in conference and only few points ahead of 9th place. With all the injuries now starting to happen, it will be very easy for this team to fall way back and never recover. I don't think the Avs are capable of playing catch up against more older experienced teams in West.

People who panic and i'm one of them, are the fans who want this team to make the playoffs, and they are in danger not doing that yet another year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

God I love this place.

We've lost three in a row, two to bad teams, are in danger of losing out on a playoff spot, and our no.1 center was injured. But EVERYTHING's OK, right?

:scared:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We've lost three in a row, two to bad teams, are in danger of losing out on a playoff spot, and our no.1 center was injured. But EVERYTHING's OK, right?

:scared:

Just like the Avs management, some fans just don't see the inevitable. I guess Sakic and Roy and the fans were really fooled by the hot start, but i really hope the management wasn't fooled and they realize that they will miss the playoffs unless they make changes on blue line and start those changes ASAP and get back on track.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The writing is on the wall, the rest of this month isn't going to go well. But maybe Sakic and Roy are smart enough not to throw away our future to delude the fanbase with a few bandaid moves.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Duchene is out for a while i think you can say for sure the Avs are done. Not only he was the best player for the Avs, he was pretty much the go to guy every time Avs needed something to happen with his speed and game changing abilities.

Although real good teams still win without their best players, look at Tampa without not only their best player, but probably the 2nd best player in the entire league, but Tampa is winning games without Stamkos. I don't know if Avs are there yet to overcome adversities.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I got a chance to talk to Mcnabb before the game last night. I know most of you won't take his word for it as he sugar coats everything he says on tv, but I specifically asked him to give me his honest opinion in what he sees with the Avs. He said obviously the Avs won't win the cup this year but are a couple of pieces away in having a solid team competing for the cup. I also asked who he thinks is going to be the real deal and he said MacKinnon. I thought he was just messing around when he said that so I asked again and he said it with confidence that MacKinnon will be absolutely a stud within the next couple years. Although it's not a surprise to many but it was still a nice chat with him.

MacKinnon is going to be the Avs best player.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Have you checked the standings?

Avs are now 6th in conference and only few points ahead of 9th place. With all the injuries now starting to happen, it will be very easy for this team to fall way back and never recover. I don't think the Avs are capable of playing catch up against more older experienced teams in West.

People who panic and i'm one of them, are the fans who want this team to make the playoffs, and they are in danger not doing that yet another year.

Some of us didn't really expect the Avs to make the play offs this year anyway... Like me. I expect us to do better then second to last, and I expect us to be at least banging on the door or the play offs, but I in no way am expecting us to make the play offs. I haven't from the start, and the hot start didn't change my expectations at all.

Our team was 2nd worst in the league last year... If we can be like, just 12th worst in the league this year, I'm saying huge gains. Especially if the kids develop well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad