Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Leafs 3-26-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Jaromir Jagr is about to get interviewed on NHL Radio by Scott Laughlin (should be fun), but anyway, he addressed the Toronto media earlier today.

He is on record saying that he feels he can play for another SEVEN YEARS.

Yea, Uncle Denis has mentioned it, but who knows if it was said in passing or facetiously, but I guess, the immortal Jagr firmly believes he can do this.

Will relay the details of the interview as soon as it happens.

I am definitely looking forward to it. XM Radio subs, tune in!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
if you guys can't beat this lineup upfront, then I see no hope for you guys. :( This is with the 1st line ice-cold

jvr-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-mckegg-booth
Panik-Komarov-Kozun
Lindstrom -carrick-Bailey

My "Why Not?" was in regards to tonight not being a blow-out win for the Cats =)

Was trying to say you guys won't score much since it's all saved for the Sens

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
How will we spot you.

You ask me this every time and every time I say look for the person who nervously claps when Florida scores.

I unfortunately won't be going to the game. It is too much financially for me to take off to Toronto and be back for work tomorrow at 7 a.m.

But I will be watching on TV!

It's hard for me to get to excited about this one, no milestone for Lu and playoff hopes pretty much done, but seeing a win live is always nice :)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
From Jagr:
-Says he can produce for anyone till 50

-Many teams don't know how talented and how good this team is.

-He himself was not aware how good the team is and says he can help this team some more and sees how much he has helped already. He can see how much he has improved our kids.

-Scott Laughlin says Jagr should be who Tallon should focus on bringing in and not Kessel. Says our kids need Jagr as a presence, and as an example for the kids and not Kessel who is a poor example for our kids.

Not much said but pretty good stuff nonetheless guys!

Follow up: From the Great Phil Esposito

-Jagr seems very happy in Florida and agrees that, for the sake of Hubey and Barkov, needs to be brought back

-Says Jagr's longevity is in part to his work ethic, and also the rules being tweaked (cracking down on water skiing and obstruction) and the rules have made the game a little less taxing on the body.

-He was impressed with the Barkov line and says the line was the best line by far (both sides) against Tampa. Loves Jagr's fit with the Kitties.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nhl&id=35113&src=desktop

Last edited:

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
Start Ellis over Luongo, please! Our record looks better with Ellis.

Would also be glad if we could decrease our "Three Stooges" moments. That first period against Tampa was more stupid than this:

Palin-Sarah-2.jpg

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's hard for me to get to excited about this one, no milestone for Lu and playoff hopes pretty much done, but seeing a win live is always nice :)

I agree, hard to get up for this game.

Plus It's half the distance for me to go to see the Cats play the Wings. It's about a 3 hour drive into Toronto to the ACC, not to mention I'd be going through rush hour.

I did find a pair of $90 tickets, 9 rows from the ice, behind the net where the Panthers shoot twice. That almost never happens in Leafs Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad