Confirmed with Link: Panthers Acquire Brandon Pirri for 3rd Round pick 14

CoolburnIsGone

To be fair, Santorelli's two PPG seasons came at 24 and 25. Pirri is 22, and was 10 points off PPG when he was 21, and hit PPG pace in the AHL at 22 now. That accounts for something.

Just for some reason think Pirri is likely the better player here. Think he has a better all around offensive package than Santorelli does.
Not to mention, had Santorelli not gotten injured this yr, he would've probably replicated his stats from his 1st yr with us. So comparing Pirri to Santorelli isnt such a bad thing per se. Though I agree that Pirri is probably ahead of Santorelli as you said just from an age standpoint.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
#73, ya, he's a prima donna. But, it's nice to add a guy with some swagger/confidence in his abilities to the team. We have too many humble players. You need some that take pride in their offensive game. Hope he can back it up.

But seriously, #73 is awful. Why can't they just give him #17, #13 or #15 or #22.

He doesn't have a say in the matter.....they give players a high number til they earn a long term spot on the big club, Shore had some random high # last year for a while too.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I hope Pirri is nothing like Santorelli. Santorelli is soft as butter with mediocre skill and hardly any grit. He's a decent shootout performer, but often hurt. Now, I can see the similarities.. but I'm hopeful that Pirri will be able to offer more than what Santorelli offered. Hopeful..

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I hope Pirri is nothing like Santorelli. Santorelli is soft as butter with mediocre skill and hardly any grit. He's a decent shootout performer, but often hurt. Now, I can see the similarities.. but I'm hopeful that Pirri will be able to offer more than what Santorelli offered. Hopeful..

How many times have you seen Pirri play?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Santo was playing Well in Van city fwiw.

Sort of excited to watch the next game.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
How many times have you seen Pirri play?

I haven't seen him play much, but I just thought Pirri is in the same boat as Santorelli and Peverly. Both of those guys got forced out of the NSH system. Either Pirri was forced out of CHI because of the plethora of talent or Bowman did Tallon a favor since they have a trade history.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I haven't seen him play much, but I just thought Pirri is in the same boat as Santorelli and Peverly. Both of those guys got forced out of the NSH system. Either Pirri was forced out of CHI because of the plethora of talent or Bowman did Tallon a favor since they have a trade history.

I just wanted to know why you're comparing him to Santorelli?

What what i've gathered. Pirri is not in Quenneville favor for some reason. Hawks fans have said Quenneville has mishandled many players wrongly (Leddy among others) He really never got a shot with the Hawks which is weird because they got nothing down the middle after Toews. Also Pirri will not be able to send down to AHL without waivers next season so they could possibly lose him for nothing next season if he isn't in there plans.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I just wanted to know why you're comparing him to Santorelli?

What what i've gathered. Pirri is not in Quenneville favor for some reason. Hawks fans have said Quenneville has mishandled many players wrongly (Leddy among others) He really never got a shot with the Hawks which is weird because they got nothing down the middle after Toews. Also Pirri will not be able to send down to AHL without waivers next season so they could possibly lose him for nothing next season if he isn't in there plans.

Hawks fan and Tallon fan here. Some Hawks fans think Quennville and/or Bowman are idiots, I hope you guys have that problem someday to. Pirri has a good shot and is a crafty offensive play, he's not the best skater especially for his size. The waiver situation and the Hawks depth probably made him available. Good luck in the future. p.s. Tallon was a good GM and an even better color analyst.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hawks fan and Tallon fan here. Some Hawks fans think Quennville and/or Bowman are idiots, I hope you guys have that problem someday to. Pirri has a good shot and is a crafty offensive play, he's not the best skater especially for his size. The waiver situation and the Hawks depth probably made him available. Good luck in the future. p.s. Tallon was a good GM and an even better color analyst.

That is fantastic!

-ghoste

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Lol that long pause where you can tell they're trying not to laugh is the best

They're not pausing to hold in their laughs. They've turned their mic's off BECAUSE they are laughing so hard. You can hear it just a little bit (them cracking up pretty hard).

Here's another example with the Red Sox's announcers (equally hilarious):

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
They're not pausing to hold in their laughs. They've turned their mic's off BECAUSE they are laughing so hard. You can hear it just a little bit (them cracking up pretty hard).

Here's another example with the Red Sox's announcers (equally hilarious):

Yep, they killed their mics because they were cracking up and having fun. Both personal mics should have swiches for On_Off. If not the people at the board would kill the sound untill they get rid of the giggles. Awesome find though.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I can't believe how long this thread has gone on about a relatively minor trade by NHL standards to bring the AHL all star MVP to our team. Are we that abused and bored with this team that our board acts like we just added Sydney Crosby here?

Lets just watch the games and see how Pirri plays the rest of the year getting 3rd and 2nd line minutes in the garbage games we have left before all the projections take place. Next game is against the Bruins so this can be the usual beat down we are walking into and Pirri will get a nice intro to what being a Panther is all about so I would suggest just relaxing with all this happy talk and just watch the games.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I can't believe how long this thread has gone on about a relatively minor trade by NHL standards to bring the AHL all star MVP to our team. Are we that abused and bored with this team that our board acts like we just added Sydney Crosby here?

Lets just watch the games and see how Pirri plays the rest of the year getting 3rd and 2nd line minutes in the garbage games we have left before all the projections take place. Next game is against the Bruins so this can be the usual beat down we are walking into and Pirri will get a nice intro to what being a Panther is all about so I would suggest just relaxing with all this happy talk and just watch the games.

Actually I was just totally high and discussing how it would be fun to see him play in the next game or two. What you scared? I would hate to bore you.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Actually I was just totally high and discussing how it would be fun to see him play in the next game or two. What you scared? I would hate to bore you.

:laugh::laugh:

Well done. Sometimes these boards can go either way when I've smoked. The anger and negativity is sometimes too much, or I'll join in :laugh:

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida

Don't tell me what to do! I don't remember voting for you as Mayor of Fun.

I'm incredibly excited about Pirri! My next child shall be named Brandon Pirri. Heck, I might even legally change my own name. I'll invite you to the Pirri shrine when I finish building it.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
IT amazes me how much Hubey is getting beat to pucks still... his acceleration is horrible... it was never great but he scated faster last year... There is something wrong with Huberdeau for sure.. prolly weak hip leg etc. But my point is i felt him and pirri were not a good match last night.

Hopefully we see something more in the next game. or Pirri gets flash on his line.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
IT amazes me how much Hubey is getting beat to pucks still... his acceleration is horrible... it was never great but he scated faster last year... There is something wrong with Huberdeau for sure.. prolly weak hip leg etc. But my point is i felt him and pirri were not a good match last night.

Hopefully we see something more in the next game. or Pirri gets flash on his line.

I'm wondering what kind of hip procedure he went through. That type of surgery is being majorly downplayed. It effects the individual's mobility in a major way. I suppose his skating will be a LOT better next season.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I'm wondering what kind of hip procedure he went through. That type of surgery is being majorly downplayed. It effects the individual's mobility in a major way. I suppose his skating will be a LOT better next season.

It better be cause so far its pretty sad seeing him struggle...

go back and watch his first game last year or the game he had against the rangers.. He looks like a different player....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad