Confirmed with Link: Panthers Acquire Brandon Pirri for 3rd Round pick 14

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Agree on him going to wing if he can be on Bjugs' wing to feed him shots long term it would be amazing.

Yeah agree here. What I'm hearing about his D I don't think he is cut out for a top 6 center slot yet. He needs to develop hos defense. Pairing him on Bjugs wing would give him time to do so while still getting good scoring chances. I think that's what we will do once Barkov gets back. Can't see hs moving Bjugs to a wing.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Pirri play wing? I want Barkov and Bjugs as 1/2 C for next 8-12 years. Where does that leave him as he's a top 6 guy or nothing from what I'm reading.

Can S.A. use him later in the year for a playoff run?

I would not mind moving Matthias for 2nd round pick or better prospect. Then move Flash in a goalie deal.

Was thinking the same thing. Hope he can play wing or else he's gonna receive low minutes. Plus, we have Barkov coming back next year, so if Horachek is going to experiment, then do it now. Pirri should go on the wing; let's see what heppens.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
brandon pirri ‏@pirri91 10h

Really excited for the opportunity with @FlaPanthers . Going to make the most of this opportunity.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Was thinking the same thing. Hope he can play wing or else he's gonna receive low minutes. Plus, we have Barkov coming back next year, so if Horachek is going to experiment, then do it now. Pirri should go on the wing; let's see what heppens.

I'm glad we got Pirri, but hopefully we don't go with Pirri and Boyes as our top two RW next year.

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
Great trade. He should be moved to wing though.
We're set at center with Barkov-Bjugstad-Shore, for many years to come.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
You're concerned with his defense yet you think keeping him at center over Nick Bjugstad is a good idea? Center is a responsible role on the ice. More so than a winger. And Bjugstad is built to be a center. He's the last person you want to convert into a winger. It simply doesn't make sense.

Just run 3 "scoring" lines instead of 2. Lots of teams do it.

you're right re: center and i agree about bjugstad.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Nice deal

Let's see him play first before we call him a top 6 player

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Just like when Campbell was moved, this means I'll have to watch a few more Panther games before the season is over. I think Pirri will make a decent 2C.

In fact, give him a bit more offensive freedom and keep with defensively responsible wingers and soon enough he'll look like a steal.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Just like when Campbell was moved, this means I'll have to watch a few more Panther games before the season is over. I think Pirri will make a decent 2C.

In fact, give him a bit more offensive freedom and keep with defensively responsible wingers and soon enough he'll look like a steal.
I doubt he's going to get any minutes as a center over Barkov and Bjugstad.

More likely that he'll end up playing wing.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
#73, ya, he's a prima donna. But, it's nice to add a guy with some swagger/confidence in his abilities to the team. We have too many humble players. You need some that take pride in their offensive game. Hope he can back it up.

But seriously, #73 is awful. Why can't they just give him #17, #13 or #15 or #22.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
#73, ya, he's a prima donna. But, it's nice to add a guy with some swagger/confidence in his abilities to the team. We have too many humble players. You need some that take pride in their offensive game. Hope he can back it up.

But seriously, #73 is awful. Why can't they just give him #17, #13 or #15 or #22.

Really? It's a number....I didn't know there was such psychology behind it.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Really? It's a number....I didn't know there was such psychology behind it.

Appears it was his choice as he was #37 in CHI and just flipped it #73 (like a lot players tend to do). Low numbers are just a preference of mine. I think high numbers just look silly, especially on forwards. Of course, if you're talking about Montreal or Detroit where a lot of the low #'s are retired, then you probably have to pick high. I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he's a prima dona. Heard he was from Hawks fans.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well would you rather take your chances with a 3rd and 5th in the next two years or take a fully developed 2nd round pick ready for the NHL? AHL all star, point per game player (phenomenal if you can do that in the AHL).

Produced in the NHL for his limited time. What's not to love? Chicago just basically farmed our picks for us, and have us more guarantee on our picks. Even if he doesn't pan out, it's more than saying "ill take my luck with my third round pick next season in hopes that five years down the line he too may be the leading scorer in the AHL waiting to make it into the NHL."

I never said it was bad, just that the value given up was fair. He played on a line with Patrick Kane in Chicago, I want to see if he can produce the same with Brad Boyes. Maybe he's a steal and will be a solid NHL player, or maybe he's Keith Aucoin. Only time will tell.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So what are we looking like at the moment?

Huby - Bjugstad - ???
Bergenheim - Barkov - Boyes/???
Pirri - Shore - ???/Boyes

Id like to see Boyes down to the 3rd line, but given the success of that line, Im thinking they might stay together. Bergy should be on Barkov's wing for a while IMO, because he is exactly the type of player you want on a line with a skilled centerman, and sniping winger. If we could add two top six RWers, and slot Boyes on the 3rd line, that would be ideal, but with the way the free agent market looks, that might not happen right away.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
To be fair, Santorelli's two PPG seasons came at 24 and 25. Pirri is 22, and was 10 points off PPG when he was 21, and hit PPG pace in the AHL at 22 now. That accounts for something.

Just for some reason think Pirri is likely the better player here. Think he has a better all around offensive package than Santorelli does.

Let's hope. The thing that concerns me is that he's been surrounded with solid players during his pro career up to this point (With Rockford and Chicago). It's yet to be seen whether he can maintain PPG pace with the Rampage. Hopefully he'll stick in the NHL permanently and we'll never need to find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad