Confirmed with Link: Panthers Acquire Brandon Pirri for 3rd Round pick 14

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I'm wondering what kind of hip procedure he went through. That type of surgery is being majorly downplayed. It effects the individual's mobility in a major way. I suppose his skating will be a LOT better next season.

True, but he was also much lighter last year and gained weight, which can significantly slow down guys with Hubie's frame. Matt Cullen became terrible after bulking up for us under Keenan, and then slimmed down and went back to being serviceable/good.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'm wondering what kind of hip procedure he went through. That type of surgery is being majorly downplayed. It effects the individual's mobility in a major way. I suppose his skating will be a LOT better next season.

IIRC it is similar to the procedure Steeg had. Removing a cyst in the the muscle tissue from injury.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It better be cause so far its pretty sad seeing him struggle...

go back and watch his first game last year or the game he had against the rangers.. He looks like a different player....

Any medical professional would tell you that hip surgery is tough on the patient. But, the question is what was the exact procedure? Anyhow, we will miss the playoffs and so Huberdeau's season will end in early April. This is good for him. It gives him a month to recuperate and then begin proper offseason training. I think he will be much better next season. Too soon to think about busting or trading when it comes to Huby, imo.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Any medical professional would tell you that hip surgery is tough on the patient. But, the question is what was the exact procedure? Anyhow, we will miss the playoffs and so Huberdeau's season will end in early April. This is good for him. It gives him a month to recuperate and then begin proper offseason training. I think he will be much better next season. Too soon to think about busting or trading when it comes to Huby, imo.

It's hard on a regular person, imagine being a professional athlete that relies on agility and mobility during the course of a rigorous 82 game schedule. He may down play the injury. I actually wouldn't mind once we get closer to April if the team called it quits on the season for him and let him begin the recovery process early.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
All speculation.
I thought I read before the break in Sun Sentinal article that Hubby said the hip was fine.
If they come out at the end of the season and say it wasn't fine then just another stupid move by this franchise for rushing back.

But right now all this talk is just speculation as to what is wrong with.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I haven't heard much about Pirri but some thing we got a steal. Hope this one pans out. We still need to go out and get a top 6 proven winger! Hope Tallon is able to land Vanek somehow!

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
The good on Pirri is that he has some legitimate offensive skill. He is as much a shooter as passer, and has a nose for scoring. He is not horrible defensively, but not great either. The bad is he is undersized, average skater at best, and not strong enough on the puck. A lot of the points he scored in Chicago were against the weaker clubs, but he disappeared in the games against the California clubs. Hawk nation was kind of divided between those who felt Coach Q never game him a fair chance, and those who felt like he didn't show that much and was maybe overrated. Now he'll get enough ice time to answer that question so good luck to him.

I think if Panthers got anything of a steal from Hawks it's Olsen (certainly not Hayes).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad