Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4, Senators 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So many story lines will unfold this last 6.

-Luongo has a chance to slay demons here, beating Boston in a playoff type scenario. Can start on Tuesday

-Can potentially clinch a playoff spot by beating the same organization that eliminated them the last playoffs

-clawing into a playoff spot after being written off before the season, the middle of the season, and towards the end of the season.

I believe in this team. It's unfolding as I have been saying for so long now, and I wont stop believing till there is an "E" next to The Florida Panthers on the Standings page.

Damn it they will get in, and play the Montreal Canadians or, how about a Tampa series eh???

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
97 points is what it's gonna take for us to make it in.

either way, it's been a fun season and i'm already looking forward to october. they way our young guys has been playing this season.. man. yeah, they've had their ups and downs but i have high hopes for next season.
lets go cats

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Easy there, not yet. I think they can be around 100, but Im not ready to say that quite yet, not until I see what Tallon does in the offseason.

I am not being over-zealous, they will probably finish with 94 points this year with most of that done without Jagr, adding 6-8 points isn't a stretch if he re-signs and they bring someone in.

No one overachieved, that's why I'm optimistic. People who assume Lu is the reason haven't been watching. He's been good, but not spectacular.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I am not being over-zealous, they will probably finish with 94 points this year with most of that done without Jagr, adding 6-8 points isn't a stretch if he re-signs and they bring someone in.

No one overachieved, that's why I'm optimistic. People who assume Lu is the reason haven't been watching. He's been good, but not spectacular.

Lu was the first half of the season for us, but not the second half.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
So many story lines will unfold this last 6.

-Luongo has a chance to slay demons here, beating Boston in a playoff type scenario. Can start on Tuesday

-Can potentially clinch a playoff spot by beating the same organization that eliminated them the last playoffs

-clawing into a playoff spot after being written off before the season, the middle of the season, and towards the end of the season.

I believe in this team. It's unfolding as I have been saying for so long now, and I wont stop believing till there is an "E" next to The Florida Panthers on the Standings page.

Damn it they will get in, and play the Montreal Canadians or, how about a Tampa series eh???

A playoff series against the Bolts would be huge for both teams and show outsiders that the NHL belongs in Florida.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Luongo really needs to play out of his mind on Tuesday night against the Bruins, and I believe he will. Don't get me wrong, he's my favorite Panther of all time, but we all know his window is closing. He wants to get a ring. Doing it in spite of the team that took away his only chance previously? Come on. Must must must win game. We'd only be two points back from Boston, and we play them again. Boston barely beat a bottom feeder in OT tonight. Our schedules are pretty much the same in terms of difficulty. I believe in this team.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
“It’s a two-way street. I can help them and they can help me. I really enjoy it,” he said. “The coach gives us an opportunity to play together. Two great young guys, talented guys. They make the plays. They can see the plays. They work very hard. They want to get better. It’s working both ways.

“They’ve surprised me how talented they are. Even so young, they can make plays like they’ve been in the League for 10 years. I had no idea about it. I’m glad I’m on this team.”

-#68, Jaromir Jagr

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
“It’s a two-way street. I can help them and they can help me. I really enjoy it,†he said. “The coach gives us an opportunity to play together. Two great young guys, talented guys. They make the plays. They can see the plays. They work very hard. They want to get better. It’s working both ways.

“They’ve surprised me how talented they are. Even so young, they can make plays like they’ve been in the League for 10 years. I had no idea about it. I’m glad I’m on this team.â€

-#68, Jaromir Jagr

But he wants to go to a contender and he doesn't actually like playing here :sarcasm:

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
“It’s a two-way street. I can help them and they can help me. I really enjoy it,†he said. “The coach gives us an opportunity to play together. Two great young guys, talented guys. They make the plays. They can see the plays. They work very hard. They want to get better. It’s working both ways.

“They’ve surprised me how talented they are. Even so young, they can make plays like they’ve been in the League for 10 years. I had no idea about it. I’m glad I’m on this team.â€

-#68, Jaromir Jagr

You missed the part where he said that he could see this team winning a stanley cup 2 years from now with how talanted this team is :yo:

Jan 19, 2006
Huberdeau has been a revelation over the past 20 games or so.

Completely different player.

Even if Jagr doesn't play another game for the Panthers after this season (and I'll be surprised if he's not in a Panthers sweater next year), the accelerated development that he infused in Barkov and Huberdeau is well worth what Tallon paid for him.

As Bill Watters said on NHL radio last week, next year everyone will be talking about the Florida Panthers.

If Jagr wants to play for a contender next year, he should play with the leaping cat on his chest.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Even if Jagr doesn't play another game for the Panthers after this season (and I'll be surprised if he's not in a Panthers sweater next year), the accelerated development that he infused in Barkov and Huberdeau is well worth what Tallon paid for him.

As Bill Watters said on NHL radio last week, next year everyone will be talking about the Florida Panthers.

If Jagr wants to play for a contender next year, he should play with the leaping cat on his chest.

was listening to him last Thursday. love Bill Watters, he is a Panthers supporter for sure.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Dave Bolland. Jussi Jokinen.

That's all. :)
i have to say that this is the first game in a while that i didn't cringe over bollands game. hopefully it's the beginning of a great stretch for him. ellis has been spectacular during his short time here this season. who would've thought, but i give him absolute kudos and respect. he saved our cookies so far.
hope the HOCKEY GODS shine on us for the remainder of the season and reward our efforts with a playoff run. WE DESERVE IT!!!!!

GGGGGOOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!:handclap::yo::nod:

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
All teams play on the 11th, with Ottawa playing first at 12PM, Florida at 7PM, and Boston at 7:30PM, I have a feeling that the last day we will be like 1 point ahead of Boston and fate will be in Tampa Bay's hands.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dare I say we try to bring back Ellis? Looks better than Cubano. 1 year deal possible 2 way deal?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

This is so true. I don't use the word "wonderful" that often but what he has done for their development in such a short amount of time has been straight-up wonderful.

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Dare I say we try to bring back Ellis? Looks better than Cubano. 1 year deal possible 2 way deal?

No.

The sample size is too small.

All the props in the world to Ellis; the guy has stepped up and done everything you could possibly ask for to help the team out. Nobody is talking about Florida if Ellis doesn't step in and play like he has.

However, Ellis' career numbers are almost identical to Montoya's. Ellis had an uncharacteristically bad year last year, sure, but he is definitely playing way above his career numbers these past few games. It's not sustainable and if we already have Montoya I don't see why Ellis would be anything other than a lateral move for no reason especially since Montoya is four years younger and signed for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad