• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
We got my dog when she was 3 as a rescue. The owner wanted $200, I politely said no, and then he proceeded to call me the next day and said I could have her for free.
Her name was Sasha when we got her, but changed it right away because one of my wife and mine's friend is named Sacha, and he is a guy.
We came up with the name Dingo because she's an Australian Shepherd, so we figured we'd give her and Australian name.

You can probably guess who my Sasha is named after. The name can be used for boys or girls so I wasn't too concerned over it (pretty sure neither of them would be offended by it :laugh:).

My last two dogs years ago (both full Rottweilers) were named Pavel and Valeri.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
7901FEBD-A298-46FE-B71F-6505EF7B03D8.jpeg
47F2CF13-496D-496A-B1C7-2B458B146656.jpeg

One of my dogs, Walter, is actually evil. Plus he wears sweaters.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bob starts.

Hornqvist in. Gotta assume Verhaeghe Marchment in.

Bet on Tippett as a scratch either with Lomberg or Vatrano

Interesting they are playing Otter this game. They just played Seattle on Wednesday and he played. Holtby played against the Panthers last week and was quite good. So one would think possibly there is an advantage there.
I'd Bet the Stars won't be so Rusty out of the gate as they have more recent games under their belt now.

Reactions: harv33173

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You can probably guess who my Sasha is named after. The name can be used for boys or girls so I wasn't too concerned over it (pretty sure neither of them would be offended by it :laugh:).

My last two dogs years ago (both full Rottweilers) were named Pavel and Valeri.
I've said this a few times before, but in 2016 I named my son Vincent Alexander.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

Is being loaned to the NHL the same as being sent down?
Tippett is done here. Next season we're gonna have Draft+5 Denisenko playing through growing pains in the NHL. No room for Tippett to do the same. And I'd imagine he wants a fresh start if he's being sent down after a year and a half of being an NHL regular.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Starting to see some shaking out now. What a luxury we have now to essentially pick and choose what we want !!!!

Reactions: harv33173

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Is being loaned to the NHL the same as being sent down?
Tippett is done here. Next season we're gonna have Draft+5 Denisenko playing through growing pains in the NHL. No room for Tippett to do the same. And I'd imagine he wants a fresh start if he's being sent down after a year and a half of being an NHL regular.
I think Deni could play right now for us

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Have you watched him in Charlotte? I've only seen highlights.

I saw him once on opening night in Charlotte. It’s a pain driving around there during rush hour so that’s the only game I’ve gone to. To be fair, it was a few months ago now, but he was largely invisible.

in my opinion, he should be in the AHL for the rest of the season and the start of next, at least. There’s 0 reason for him to be called up right now, let him play and dominate down there. A good stretch of games is meaningless right now, he needs to be consistent over a long stretch.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Here was my Charlotte recap from October if anyone’s interested

I was at the Charlotte game tonight. Here’s what I saw:

PP units:

Mamin Dalpe Heponiemi
Carrick Fleury

Hutsko Lind True Denisenko
Carlsson

Some PK units I caught:

Dalpe Fleury Olofsson McCormick
Carlsson Dalpe Wilson Carrick
Carlsson Dalpe Kiersted True
Carlsson Kiersted Mamin Twarynski

Some basic player evals. Take these with a grain of salt. I’m not a scout and it was just 1 game.

Gildon: Slow, not the best hockey IQ or anticipation of plays. In the 1st he got caught way up ice and the play went back the other way, 2-on-1 which was Hershey’s first goal. Definitely seems more comfortable in the offensive zone but doesn’t anticipate well defensively. Got absolutely rocked late in the game, he was fine though. Noticeably big out there but doesn’t seem to use it all that often.

Carlsson: At this point, a mostly proven AHLer. Played big minutes. Not sure what the official ice time was but imagine he was at or near the top. Played all situations. I can see why it’s him and Priskie that have been coming up when needed, can make some plays and the coaches seem to trust him in key situations.

Heponiemi: thought he was great. Noticeable out there, made a bunch of plays, found a soft spot and got a pass in the slot from Mamin, put in his own rebound. Relentless away from the puck, good stick defensively.

Denisenko: Honestly, mostly invisible. Skates nicely but never seemed to be very involved in any plays. Had a few shots, some missed the net. Didn’t create anything. Not really sure what to say, wasn’t bad but just didn’t stand out or do much.

Noel: Decent, seems like maybe a tiny bit of a drop off from camp. Nice pass on a 2-on-1 to create the shot for a Max McCormick goal. Wasn’t on the PP tonight which was unfortunate.

Hutsko: Pretty similar to his camp performance. Involved in most plays, good puck pursuit, doesn’t give up on plays. Secondary assist on one of the goals. If he can stay healthy he’ll be a factor eventually.

Schwindt: honestly didn’t really notice him but for the role he plays/will play, I think that’s a good thing. Wasn’t on the ice for any goals, for or against. Don’t think his line played a ton either and don’t think he was on PK.

Mamin: Nothing really new here but I think he plays a very pro style game and is basically a Lammikko replacement. He’ll put up points in the AHL but likely not a bunch in the NHL. from behind the net found Hepo for his goal.

Kiersted: Also played pretty big minutes, solid game and was rewarded with the empty-netter from the D zone corner. One of the better skaters on the team.

overall I think the standouts tonight were True and McCormick, both of which aren’t our players and with McCormick being a vet basically.

Gibson got peppered at times and overall was pretty good. Made a bunch of key saves late to keep the game tied and to keep the eventual lead. Didn’t really have a chance on any, one was flukey, another was a 5-on-3 back door and the other was a 2-on-1 one timer.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Jamie Benn playing game number 900 for Dallas tonight.

If you thought the Panthers were bad on the road, have fun watching the second worst Road team in the NHL tonight in Dallas. I believe they only have four wins on the road this season.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Here was my Charlotte recap from October if anyone’s interested

a little off-topic but what's the feeling about hepo at this point. i noticed his stat line for the year with the big club - zilch. -4.

i know he hasn't gotten much if any top 6 time but is it all line mates? i noticed him in a positive way during his last call up but he's going to have to produce something to stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad