Prospect Info: Panthers 2019 Development Camp, June 27th - 30th

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Day 2- day for defensemen. Standouts for the day were Both Goalies, Keeper, Inamoto, Lochead, Kolyachonok from the first group and Ludvig, Hutsko, Wyse, and Lekkas.

Starting with Wyse, at his size when he puts any less than 100% he looks like the big fumble guy on a high school team. When he shows the effort, I'd like to see him in Sunrise, protecting our goalie. Good thing he'd play for the best motivator in the game today instead of someone who wouldn't command his best!

Lekkas, is like insane and his skill makes up for his size or lack thereof. He really does make it look tougher than it is, but I hope he gets a chance in training camp, and maybe an actual chance he and Dreidger in the AHL to start the year.

Bednard and Knight...yawn...everything you would expect. Bednard hardly lets em in during the drills even. You can tell Knight doesn't quite dial in during drills.

There was a one on one drill for both groups, very feisty from a few bodies that played like they were trying to make the team. Pietroniro didn't let Tippett do anything. Inamoto is a wonderful snooze fest to report like the 2 goalies, I hope he makes it right outta college. Keeper, Lochead, and Ludvig were complete f***ing bullies. Keeper belongs back with us, Ludvig looks like he was somehow another rabbit out of Dale's hat. Never heard of Lochead before but not only is he feisty like the other two, he has a real heavy shot.

Basically all the names that stood out yesterday (even the couple I forgot to include), stood out today.

Inamoto's dad is ALSO awesome and it seemed we see to eye on too much lol Cool bit from him- he was talking about Tyler meeting with Dale and him letting Dale know that he might get a few points here and there but he's a shutdown defenseman first and foremost. Dale apparently liked that and took umbrage to how sure of himself and his style he is. Confidence not cockiness*

Cool couple days so far, always a fun time.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You're kidding me, Tallon listened to me?!? :biglaugh: Good, he deserves a look, and better still if it's my team that's lookin' :)
THERE YOU ARE, BEEN TAGGIN YOU FOR DAYS IT SEEMS!

DUUUUUUUDE~LEEEKKKAAAAS IS BAAAADDD ASSSSSS!!!

lol no lol!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
For many, the best part of the day really should've been our 2 top picks this year.

For ME, it was the thru the glass interaction between me and Dale and Q over whether or not the guy on my (Quenneville as the Panther Logo) shirt was really the guy 5 feet away from me and thanking a smiling Dale :)

Of course I had him sign the shirt later as I told him he was the most beautiful man I have ever seen and thank you so so much for coming here.

They're really trying for us here folks, and it's real, and to catch the waves in person is unbelievable. I got a feeling like we're finally getting whatever we have asked for and we don't all quite know what to do with that.

Also, Solow's Dad is awesome. cool insight from him on a few things as well. One takeaway is Q is a pure student of the game.

Please explain.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I’ll be there this afternoon, not sure about tomorrow yet. Looking forward to seeing the kids and some of you clowns. Lol

upload_2019-6-28_19-2-49.jpeg

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Please explain.
I mean it doesn't look like the "character" nonsense that we used to get force fed. Just seeing Q sitting there, hearing George and others relay that we're going for the best guys on the market when usually we're not an option for the top guns, it just feels different.

It feels like
images
. But in all honesty I feel if those 3 ass holes just played defense the way they're supposed to, I'm fully convinced we can beat anybody.

That's where Joel's Secret Stuff is better than Bob in a Can. I believe.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
THERE YOU ARE, BEEN TAGGIN YOU FOR DAYS IT SEEMS!

DUUUUUUUDE~LEEEKKKAAAAS IS BAAAADDD ASSSSSS!!!

lol no lol!
Sorry, been keeping my promise and not being around much.

Lekkas has already committed to return to UVM, so I doubt training camp will be an option since he’d have to pay his own way to keep himself NCAA eligible, but we’ll see how things go. Meanwhile keep filling me in on how he’s doing there.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Sorry, been keeping my promise and not being around much.

Lekkas has already committed to return to UVM, so I doubt training camp will be an option since he’d have to pay his own way to keep himself NCAA eligible, but we’ll see how things go. Meanwhile keep filling me in on how he’s doing there.
Shame, we're gonna have to wait until at least spring 2021 for Inamoto too, but Lekkas has sure as shit shown he's worth keeping on a short leash. Very good call on this one, always have room in my heart for goalies that stop to the shots they have no business stopping :)

I'm out for today, hopefully someone else is taking better notes than I could. Blanket of water outside and FLO GROWN stickers flying up and down the Sawgrass is a situation I look to avoid if possible.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
So how did scrimmage go?

Anyone got more video of the camp? I tried looking on YT but there's nothing under any obvious search criteria.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
So how did scrimmage go?

Anyone got more video of the camp? I tried looking on YT but there's nothing under any obvious search criteria.
it started just now, open up the link I posted (press "watch on facebook" and it should open up in a new tab)

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Someone may correct me on this, but Goldie was a guest on the broadcast with Plagens and and I thought I heard him say that he thinks Tippett will likely be in the AHL this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad