Prospect Info: Panthers 2019 Development Camp, June 27th - 30th

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
His family just shelled out for a trip to Vancouver, and he is drafted, but its not like he is a rich player now. I was just wondering.

People forget the financial side of things until really they are in the NHL, not like the other major sports. Kid is starting his professional journey.

Excited to follow more NCAA this upcoming season.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So then how has Gildon Inamoto or Bednard played in front of me?

Taken from Athletic:

Knight will join the rest of Florida’s newest draft picks and younger players for development camp in Coral Springs next week.
“It’ll be nice to get down there, see the area and meet some of the prospects and other players they have,” Knight said. “It’ll be nice to start building a bond from there.”
Because of NCAA rules, Knight will not be allowed to participate in rookie or training camp, so he will be off to Boston College for his freshman year.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Seems weird? The NCAA guys definitely can't participate in the tournament in September but like CHGoalie mentioned they always played at the training camp in early summer...
@batting1k help por favor? Am I confused as to when I was in Coral Springs and who I was looking at??

...they can attend prospect camp, not training camp, no?>

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
They can go, I think George is mistaken. Bednard was there last year...Wegwerth, Bachman, Wilkie, Shea, Inamoto, Borgström, etc have all been to dev camp.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm intrigued by Abols, didn't know he's such a big dude (6'4 ).

Sounds like he is willing to use that size and may be an option as 4C having a pro season each in the SHL and Allsvenskan leagues under his belt. Or definitely a middle 6 C option for SPR. Plus his name is......Rod...Rigo, enough said. 18 goals, 26pts in 45 SHL games last year so he can score.

A gritty, hard-working forward with a large frame. An agile skater for his size and is starting to work explosiveness into his game. Smart with and without the puck, and exhibits strength at both ends of the ice. Not the most physical player, but that side of his game will come naturally as he develops more bullish instincts. Loves to battle and works hard to win puck possession on open ice, along the boards, and in the corners. All-in-all, a sizeable forward who has the raw tools it takes to become an effective producer as he elevates his game.

Taken from his elite prospects page

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Sounds like he is willing to use that size and may be an option as 4C having a pro season each in the SHL and Allsvenskan leagues under his belt. Or definitely a middle 6 C option for SPR. Plus his name is......Rod...Rigo, enough said. 18 goals, 26pts in 45 SHL games last year so he can score.

Probably gets seasoned at least a year in the ahl. I think Q will have a high standard before he trusts any young guy especially from Europe.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

A big not physical player? Sounds right up our alley... Sign me up!;)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad