Post-Game Talk: Panthers 2, Bruins 3 - Season Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yes it is the coaches job. Is it on the players? Absolutely. But the coach is there to motivate as well.

No absolutely wrong... if players can't self motivate the team is done... coaches can input structure.. but it is absolutely not their job to get the players up for a game.. that's just ridiculous and the amount of people that think that Is alarmong

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
really wish they would have used the timeout right before the 3rd boston goal. They had a chance with just under 2 minutes left to get a breather and try to push for the win.

Giving boston 1 point was unacceptable considering the situation in the standings. Should have treated it like they were losing at that point.. don't pull the goalie but slow down the game.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
DHutch to start the year. I was surprised it wasn't B or Dickey to be honest. We will rely on our young pitching and fielding. We have the bats but also need to be better at manufacturing runs playing small ball. Go Jays Go!!

If this off-season isn't that time then I don't know when it will be.

-A re-signed Jagr
-Top 6 scoring winger
-Veteran D-man free agent to replace Campbell's minutes when he leaves next year is what we need.

I have been huge Jays fan since in was old enough to know baseball, but I have no faith in this team with gibbons at the healm.. his teams are never technical ND can't produce runs outside the longball.. they don't take care of the small details of the game and u can't win wit just home runs anymore.. I ****ing hate gibbons and he has ruined the Jays for me... my national team is Nats cause of expos.. they have alot of elite pieces and r definitely fun to watch

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
There is no way the team would be motivated by Gallant trashing the team to the media. Sure, it may make the fans feel better but other than that it accomplishes NOTHING. Who is to say Gallant doesn't ream them in the locker room when they play like chumps? Does anybody actually think professional athletes respond well to their coach taking the passive-aggressive approach and berating them publicly? I'm sure any issues are taken care of face to face, like they should be.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Absolutely not... internal growth is the most important and always will be for every franchise.. for the millionth time free agents won't save this franchise..ever! Free agent r and will always be secondary pieces to help the core... if the offseason makes or breaks any team outside of internal development that team is ****ed

I'm talking about filling the arena up, this team is running out of time my friend. The Cats need to make a splash in the off season.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
There is no way the team would be motivated by Gallant trashing the team to the media. Sure, it may make the fans feel better but other than that it accomplishes NOTHING. Who is to say Gallant doesn't ream them in the locker room when they play like chumps? Does anybody actually think professional athletes respond well to their coach taking the passive-aggressive approach and berating them publicly? I'm sure any issues are taken care of face to face, like they should be.

Exactly... but its not the coaches job to motuvate.. he lays out systems and strategies to use against certain teams but if the players don't have energy it's on them not the coach.. they r grown men... this year was a great reminder how they have to bring it every night so they aren't in this position next year... I think will learn a lot and build on this.., and it also shows them u can't sit back with a lead... alot of good lessons this year very helpful for a young core like this

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
My friends wanted to go to Sharks club after our afternoon golf round to eat. I wanted to watch the game at home. Hate watching sports in pubs/restaurants ESPECIALLY when my team :(

My friend is like you let Lucic score !? Lucic ? Really ? Then couple remarks towards Lucic from him.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also anyone notice on think Bergeron and krejci played together a few times against the barkov line... that's tough to play through as a teenager and 21 year old... but teams r starting to take notice.. they r becoming elite players

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
you can't really expect your average floridian to go see a game when the team has barely ever made the playoffs. You have to win to fill the seats. I know the mentality of a Floridian.. i've sadly lived in Florida 2 times in my life. There are soooooooooo many better things to do than watch an average hockey team 3-4 nights a week

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
My friends wanted to go to Sharks club after our afternoon golf round to eat. I wanted to watch the game at home. Hate watching sports in pubs/restaurants ESPECIALLY when my team :(

My friend is like you let Lucic score !? Lucic ? Really ? Then couple remarks towards Lucic from him.

I hate Lucic so much. I would have rather Bolland turn around and put the puck in his own net than Lucic score the game winner. I hate Lucic. I hate hockey. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Exactly, Gallant said what he had to.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
gee guys, this truly sucks ass. i watched the highlights just now and daaaamn...
oh well. i'm looking forward to next season that's for sure. :yo:

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Just watched the game on DVR. No ******* words. It was there and it ******* slipped away. I just want to ******* break something and scream.

Really **** disappointing. Go Ottawa, and here's hoping for good luck in the lottery I guess.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
you can't really expect your average floridian to go see a game when the team has barely ever made the playoffs. You have to win to fill the seats. I know the mentality of a Floridian.. i've sadly lived in Florida 2 times in my life. There are soooooooooo many better things to do than watch an average hockey team 3-4 nights a week

Excuse me, but you're talking to an "average" Floridian who's been a loyal fan since day 1! Look at the arena now, for example. Yes, it's half full, but if you talk to any person who's gone to a game this season and they'll tell you it sounds like the arena is jam packed and loud as could be. The average Floridian doesn't care about beaches and tourist attractions, they care about their teams. Whether it's Hockey or any other sport, Floridians are passionate until the end.
I was more than deflated with this loss tonight, but I cant complain about this season at all. All I ever wanted was a competitive team that gave me great hockey night in and night out, and that's exactly what I got. Sure, if we had a little more desire or discipline and won a few more games, we might be in the playoff race looking back, instead of looking in, but look at the difference what a great owner and great GM bring to an organization. We went from being a bottom dweller, and laughing stock of the NHL, to making a playoff push and gaining real respect throughout the league.( minus the officials)
Our AHL is successful. Our youth is finally growing into great players. We have a competitive team that WILL get better as they grow together. I'm very excited for once about my team. Just like Pantherfan94 said, there were plenty of teams in the past, just like the Panthers, who had very empty arenas and threats of relocations or bankruptcies until they found success, and now those teams sell out every game.

My question I have to everyone is, what would you do?? What would you do if the Panthers did get that miracle and instead of making the post season, we won that .005% chance that is the lottery? We draft McDavid,resign Jagr, and then sign Kolvachuk when he comes back to the NHL??

As a Floridian, and and Panther fan, I am very excited about this team.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Cursed franchise, just saying. Let in some bad/lucky goals in such a key game. It sucks so hard..

Lets draft Barzal or Konecny now!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Those two non-calls before the game tying goal is what killed us. The lack of calls is really the headline for the this late run we went on. You give the Panthers a PP on one of those two ridiculously missed calls, and the outcome is probably different. I dont want to blame the officials, because we crapped the bed in the 3rd, but Im so fed up with officials playing a major role in the outcome of our games.

After the debacle of the lottery in the Crosby draft, we deserve to win the lottery. Its likely not going to happen, but if there was a time for redemption, the lottery for this summers NHL Draft in our building, would be it.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
No absolutely wrong... if players can't self motivate the team is done... coaches can input structure.. but it is absolutely not their job to get the players up for a game.. that's just ridiculous and the amount of people that think that Is alarmong

What the heck does the coach get paid for? to tap players on their back to get on the ice?

Its EXACTLY coaches job to motivate them.

Its exactly coaches job to have them ready for the lst period.

Its exactly coaches job with a few minutes left last night and calm a mostly AHL team down.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I think there is a misperception here going on when people think what Gallant says to the media = what he says to the players. I seriously doubt he says the same mantra "we played hard, competed hard" to the players after every game :D

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Well that's up to the fans.. if they don't show up and the team moves its on them and them alone... it's not a charity

It's on the fans to an extent. It's well known that you need to ice or field a winner to get a crowd in South Florida. The owners have to know this. If they don't do everything in their power to ice a winner soon then they should be making plans to leave imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad