Post-Game Talk: Panthers 2, Bruins 3 - Season Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
I like to think that Gallant has his comments to the media - conservative, non-offensive, somewhat positive - then has his more honest comments for the players behind closed doors. I'm sure it's closer to what we "want" him to say. Not that what we "want" him to say matters at all.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Very proud of what this team accomplished this year-big step in the right direction.

This is the most important summer in franchise history. Will tallon and viola rise to the occasion?

This off season will either make or break this franchise. I really hope we get that winger we have been needing and add a few more pieces to this team. I can't wait for the draft and see Tallon do his magic

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just want a strong finish at this point....I don't want them to pack it in. Dont half-ass it.

Finish strong. Look at columbus. It's a slim chance, but give yourself a chance please.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Just want a strong finish at this point....I don't want them to pack it in. Dont half-ass it.

Finish strong. Look at columbus. It's a slim chance, but give yourself a chance please.

The Jackets are probably the closest franchise to us, in terms of bad luck and lack of playoffs. They're also a good example about that whole "next year is bright" mentality. They were supposed to be a breakout team this year, but everyone got hurt and they bombed. I think that's why so many people are devastated right now. We've barely seen a playoff game in the last 15 years, and now we have to wait another 365+ days for another shot. And what happens if guys get injured next year like Columbus experienced? It's never a sure thing. The playoff ineptitude of this franchise is almost impossible.

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
Worst I've felt after a game in any sport since game 7. It sucks. No such thing as moral victories, and I won't be surprised if half of our team gets hurt and we miss the playoffs again next year. This team may never make the playoffs, hell, I'm 20 and only have memories of one playoff trip. It sucks to be a South Florida sports fan, always has save for 2 years by the Marlins and 1 by the Heat (I'm leaving out the LeBron years because I can't stand the guy).

Agree 100%.Bulls fan in the NBA, BUT hate LeBron as well. Glad Gary Payton got his ring with Shaq and Wade.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The Jackets are probably the closest franchise to us, in terms of bad luck and lack of playoffs. They're also a good example about that whole "next year is bright" mentality. They were supposed to be a breakout team this year, but everyone got hurt and they bombed. I think that's why so many people are devastated right now. We've barely seen a playoff game in the last 15 years, and now we have to wait another 365+ days for another shot. And what happens if guys get injured next year like Columbus experienced? It's never a sure thing. The playoff ineptitude of this franchise is almost impossible.

Exactly. Bjugstad is slow to come back because of his back. Roberto has to have surgery on his shoulder. A couple key guys get hurt and we're out of the playoffs before you know it. No guarantees.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Exactly. Bjugstad is slow to come back because of his back. Roberto has to have surgery on his shoulder. A couple key guys get hurt and we're out of the playoffs before you know it. No guarantees.

Yup this is exactly what I'm afraid of.

Also: Rask is now 12-1-1 against the Panthers in his career and hasn't given up more than 2 goals in any of those games...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This. :laugh:

Go Jays GO! :yo:

DHutch to start the year. I was surprised it wasn't B or Dickey to be honest. We will rely on our young pitching and fielding. We have the bats but also need to be better at manufacturing runs playing small ball. Go Jays Go!!

Very proud of what this team accomplished this year-big step in the right direction.

This is the most important summer in franchise history. Will tallon and viola rise to the occasion?

If this off-season isn't that time then I don't know when it will be.

-A re-signed Jagr
-Top 6 scoring winger
-Veteran D-man free agent to replace Campbell's minutes when he leaves next year is what we need.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
No Id like him not to say **** like if we don't make the playoffs we won't be dissapointed. That's what losers say. The fans will be dissapointed. Step up and motivate the team. Don't tell them it's ok. Make them want it.

Ha its not the coaches job to motivate the players... especially through meaningless media comments.. it's on the players

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
It had to be Lucic. If it was any other player (besides Marchand) I would be 100x less angry.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Harvey says Jagrs hand injury not serious

i guess Jagr can kiss that hand goodbye...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I just want them to win out.

They will finish at 95 points. If they don't make it with 95 points then I can live with that.

Just win out.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This off season will either make or break this franchise. I really hope we get that winger we have been needing and add a few more pieces to this team. I can't wait for the draft and see Tallon do his magic

Absolutely not... internal growth is the most important and always will be for every franchise.. for the millionth time free agents won't save this franchise..ever! Free agent r and will always be secondary pieces to help the core... if the offseason makes or breaks any team outside of internal development that team is ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad