GDT: Panther @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
We're missing our best skaters while playing the best teams in the league on the road. Did anyone expect this to go any better?

Win or lose; yes, I expect the Dmen to clear the puck after Luongo makes the initial save. I expect them to be able to get out if their zone while carrying the puck and I expect shots ON goal, not shots AT the goal. I expect them to earn their paycheck.

Maybe I expect to much :sarcasm:

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Yes, I expect the Dmen to clear the puck after Luongo makes the initial save. I expect them to be able to get out if their zone whils carrying the puck and I expect shots ON goal, not shots AT the goal. I expect them to earn their paycheck.

:handclap:

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
No but at some point we need to stop making excuses...why do the kids on this team have to do everything... Why play any vets on this team then?? They don't do anything anyways... Is there anyone vet on this team maybe other then bergy/upshall you want teaching our future players?

The problem is the vet we got aren't good enough, soupy doesn't care, Gilbert plays with someone that dont care. Jovo is the best LA player on the ice, Flash cant score, Upshall plays in a first line role when he is a 3rd line player, same with Boyes. bergy just got back from injury and Gomez is a 4th line player. We dont really have a single vet that plays like a top player (except Lu) atm, and thats what we need to fix, and get rid of dead weight like Gomez, Flash, Kopy and start to play the rest where they are supposed to play, aka bottom 6 minutes.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
No but at some point we need to stop making excuses...why do the kids on this team have to do everything... Why play any vets on this team then?? They don't do anything anyways... Is there anyone vet on this team maybe other then bergy/upshall you want teaching our future players?

I'm a little confused here. 6 of our top 8 scorers are our veterans. No one is telling the kids to do everything. What is it that the veterans aren't doing exactly?

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
The problem is the vet we got aren't good enough, soupy doesn't care, Gilbert plays with someone that dont care. Jovo is the best LA player on the ice, Flash cant score, Upshall plays in a first line role when he is a 3rd line player, same with Boyes. bergy just got back from injury and Gomez is a 4th line player. We dont really have a single vet that plays like a top player (except Lu) atm, and thats what we need to fix, and get rid of dead weight like Gomez, Flash, Kopy and start to play the rest where they are supposed to play, aka bottom 6 minutes.

Couldnt agree more.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I'm a little confused here. 6 of our top 8 scorers are our veterans. No one is telling the kids to do everything. What is it that the veterans aren't doing exactly?

Tell me who has impressed you the most this afternoon? Boyes, Upshall, Gilbert, Campbell, Gomez, Jovo? Or is it Bjugs, Tro and the guys who actually are playing? Where is the leadership to spark them to play well? I don't really have an issue with Upshall/bergy.. Everyone else I do.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida

Why does he deserve an A across his chest then?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Win or lose; yes, I expect the Dmen to clear the puck after Luongo makes the initial save. I expect them to be able to get out if their zone while carrying the puck and I expect shots ON goal, not shots AT the goal. I expect them to earn their paycheck.

They are earning their paychecks 100%. They are making the least amount of money in the league because they are the worst players in the league. Rather simple concept. The Kings are 10th in spending and 9th in the standings. Their players are also earning their paychecks. They are getting paid appropriately for what they are bringing.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Tell me who has impressed you the most this afternoon? Boyes, Upshall, Gilbert, Campbell, Gomez, Jovo? Or is it Bjugs, Tro and the guys who actually are playing? Where is the leadership to spark them to play well? I don't really have an issue with Upshall/bergy.. Everyone else I do.

Has anyone on our team played well today? We are getting shutout by one of the top teams in the league. But if I had to answer I would say Flash has had the best day today. He's created the most chances at least.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
When the young guys - Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Petrovic, Hayes for example - grow into their size then this team will be able to compete with teams like L.A.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

This argument holds no validity when the top score isn't a good score.

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.

Nothing they all doing wonderful! Lets keep them all for next year because our record speaks volume of them. A bunch of good old hard working guys with always a smile on their faces. Rubs on everyone!

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He was perfectly fine early this year. After the break he started not caring. Mad he's wearing an A? Blame KD.
I didn't say anything about the A. And his play has been no different since he's been with the Panthers. Garrison made him look good that first season. The fact that he only passes it to his d partner worked perfectly with Garrison who had a big shot and moved the puck up ice.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
This argument holds no validity when the top score isn't a good score.

I was responding to someone who said that the young guys do everything and the veterans do nothing. I simply pointed out that only two of the young guys that are supposedly carrying our team are in the top 8 in scoring on our team. I think I made it fairly obvious that the veterans are in fact doing something so I'm not sure where the validity is lacking.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Nothing they all doing wonderful! Lets keep them all for next year because our record speaks volume of them. A bunch of good old hard working guys with always a smile on their faces. Rubs on everyone!

I never said to keep anyone.

I never mentioned their work ethic or how they "rub on" anyone.

I simply said that they are doing an adequate job for what should be expected of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad