Rumor: Panik And Leafs Closing In On Deal

MapleLife*

Shouldn't be a difficult one to work out.

Not sure why they're spending time doing this when the draft is in 5 hours though...

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
he was solid for us this year.. proved he can be a solid 3rd liner capable of filling in 2nd line duty. He was a great waiver pick up imo. Curious what kinda term and money we sign him for.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
@reporterchris 1m1 minute ago
The expectation is that Richard Panik's signature will be on a contract extension with the #leafs by the end of draft weekend.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm happy to have him for under $2mil. Ideally, something between $1 and $1.5.

He was great on the 4th line. He didn't play nearly as well when he was moved up in the line up. I'd rather keep him on the 4th line and hope he continues to get goals with limited ice time.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Not sure why they're spending time doing this when the draft is in 5 hours though...

All kinds of meetings about contracts like this will take place this weekend because agents and executives are all physically in the same place.

JMilne*

cause they aint doing **** at the draft , all they gonna do is pick the 1st round they know the 2 player's they are picking allready and they won't make any trades

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I like the combination of grit & skill he brought. Also liked him on a line with Kadri

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I'm happy to have him for under $2mil. Ideally, something between $1 and $1.5.

He was great on the 4th line. He didn't play nearly as well when he was moved up in the line up. I'd rather keep him on the 4th line and hope he continues to get goals with limited ice time.

Disagree, he is wasted and pointless on the 4th line, need to get him more top 6 time next year, lock him into a 2 year / 1.5M and he could even be something you flip.

See what type of player he actually is, Tampa wasnt able to find out with him being a fringe/4th line guy - leafs need to test the waters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad