• The Russians

Votes: 132 66.7%
  • The Swedes

Votes: 66 33.3%

• Total voters

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Kuznetsov being ranked over Pettersson is absolutely laughable.

Pettersson is at the tender age of 22 scored at a higher rate and yielded MILES better two/way results. It’s not even remotely close.

There have only been 4 more productive playoff runs than Kuznetsovs 17/18 in the last 25 years. Let me know when Pettersson reaches that level.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Randyne

May 20, 2012
GPGAP +/-
The Swedes132843154998030
The Russians13824847521236236
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I honestly can't figure out why a guy pacing 60 goals last year is considered a scrub on this board. Sure, he won't repeat that pace but the guy is a great player and was very close to Panarin last year who gets a lot of love here. He ws 1B to Panarin's 1A, yet you'd think he was a scrub despite Panarin getting his due here. It just makes no f***ing sense. He's always been viewed as a scrub and it's like this board just won't admit he's a good player. I don't know what the guy has to do to get his due.

Did I say he was a scrub?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
And since then he's had 2 mediocre regular seasons.

OK let's say 72pts is mediocre. I don't remember Pettersson ever hitting 70pts. Either way it still doesn't change my point that Pettersson has never reached that level. And yes it's not the NHL, but even in WJC Kuznetsov is a 2x 1st AST, MVP, best forward and made the all decade team. So he has proven more than once on the biggest stages he can be the best. Pettersson hasn't done that. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be 1 of the best players in the world for awhile, he just hasn't done it yet. Kuznetsov has proven he can.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
OK let's say 72pts is mediocre. I don't remember Pettersson ever hitting 70pts. Either way it still doesn't change my point that Pettersson has never reached that level. And yes it's not the NHL, but even in WJC Kuznetsov is a 2x 1st AST, MVP, best forward and made the all decade team. So he has proven more than once on the biggest stages he can be the best. Pettersson hasn't done that. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be 1 of the best players in the world for awhile, he just hasn't done it yet. Kuznetsov has proven he can.

Mediocre in comparison. And let's not make these "haven't seen Pettersson hit 70" comments to pretend as if there's a big gap. Kuznetsov scored 6 more points in 5 more games than a rookie Pettersson, while having fewer goals and primary points, despite playing on a much better team with better linemates. Pettersson then had 14 more points in 5 more games last year. Kuznetsov is also one of the worst defensive centers in the league. The question is asking who would you take now. Pettersson has been better in the time he's been in the league and while Kuznetsov's run in '18 was impressive, hanging your hat on a 24 game sample from 2 and a half years ago that he's never replicated before or since despite being in the league for 6 seasons is a bit of a stretch.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Mediocre in comparison. And let's not make these "haven't seen Pettersson hit 70" comments to pretend as if there's a big gap. Kuznetsov scored 6 more points in 5 more games than a rookie Pettersson, while having fewer goals and primary points, despite playing on a much better team with better linemates. Pettersson then had 14 more points in 5 more games last year. Kuznetsov is also one of the worst defensive centers in the league. The question is asking who would you take now. Pettersson has been better in the time he's been in the league and while Kuznetsov's run in '18 was impressive, hanging your hat on a 24 game sample from 2 and a half years ago that he's never replicated before or since despite being in the league for 6 seasons is a bit of a stretch.

I have Petts over Kuzy, but Panarin and Tank over Landeskog and Zibby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad