Proposal: Palmieri and Vatanen to Vegas Golden Knights

Web In Front

Feb 1, 2020
I'll retain on everyone if it gets us Krebs.

Even with Tuch's disappointing season, Vegas would be much better off giving up Krebs in this kind of a deal. You don't want to subtract from your active lineup at the deadline and Tuch is just 23, has already established himself as a top nine power forward and is signed to a good contract for a long time. Honestly New Jersey should hold out for even more than 1st+Krebs, this trade would move Vegas into the tier of Cup frontrunners in the West with St. Louis and Colorado imo.

Reactions: Blackjack

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Everything I've heard about Vegas is that they need puck movers on the back end
I believe Vegas needs a RHD so they can have guys move over to LD that are playing their offside now.....Vatanen is a good pickup for them if they stick to a pick or prospect.....Palms a great pickup but I don't see it fitting and not interested in that offer if I'm the Devils....

Reactions: Forge

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I believe Vegas needs a RHD so they can have guys move over to LD that are playing their offside now.....Vatanen is a good pickup for them if they stick to a pick or prospect.....Palms a great pickup but I don't see it fitting and not interested in that offer if I'm the Devils....

Palmieri also isn't a need.

Marchessault, Smith, Stone, Pacioretty. Why would a team with that top 6 want to pay the price needed to get Palmieri to play on the 3rd line.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Agree to disagree. Last time I checked I think Vegas was 26th in production from their defense. And it's pretty obvious with the eye test how much guys like Merrill, Engelland, and Mcnabb struggle moving the puck.
You can be dangerous in the playoffs with your forwards carrying the offense. You can't if half your defense is incapable of clearing the crease of bodies and pucks and you're surrendering many high quality chances at close range against. As a fellow fan of both the Ducks and Knights I ask, what do you think the bigger reason is for the collapse in Gibson's Vezina campaign last season (apart from just not trying as hard anymore) do you really think it was a lack of offense from the blueline or was it because Anaheim's defense couldn't be f***ed to defend the crease leaving Gibson to have to stop the most high quality chances in the league by a wide margin? Cause that's what's been happening with Vegas lately.

I didn't say we can't use puck movers. I just don't think it's the priority for this season. Hague and Whitecloud will be good puck movers when they settle their games into the NHL level, in the meantime we need to account for the own zone disasters that Merrill, Holden, and Engelland bust out on a nightly basis. But then again I'm of the philosophy that defense is the paramount contribution of a defenseman. And yeah I know good puck movement and zone exits help with that but I feel the biggest issue is how much real estate our opponents get to have down low because we can't tie up the lanes or guys like Engelland go fishing to cut off low danger chances along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad