Recalled/Assigned: Pakarinen recalled and Miller sent down

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I feel bad for Miller, but this is probably the right call. He was pretty shaky last night. I think that Pak might be a better fit for that line.

Oct 15, 2008
Draisaitl would be a better fit. Pakarinen is a plugger. Unless they give Slepyshev a chance with Hall and Nuge. He is dying on the fourth line.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I actually don't mind Miller but given we are short on physicality up front Pakarinen is probably going to be the better fit.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Eberle can't come back soon enough. With no offense to Miller, Klinkhammer, Pakarinen, Hendricks etc....

If we're going to keep slotting in 4th liners/AHLers on the top line, the top line will continue to struggle to score goals.

If McLellan is deadset on getting a grinding 3rd player for that line Chiarelli is going to need to go out there and make a trade for a legit NHLer. Because these guys just don't cut it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The right move. Miller was cheating a lot on offense. More so than Hall. I think McLellan is trying to build a culture of 2-way game.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I like this call up. Can play bottom 6 and he is a good forechecker. May get a chance on the top line, but for now Klinkhammer is a good forechecker on that line.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
There's a break in competency between Miller, Klinkhammer, Slepyshev -- and Hendricks. Hendricks is an NHLer on 30 teams in the league, while the other three aren't. Hendricks, to my eye, contributed enough to tread water with the other two #1s, while the other three pulled them back either by cheating too far ahead (Miller), being completely unavailable for a pass on a forecheck (Klinkhammer) and disappearing/moving to the fourth line (Slepyshev).

Time to find out which group Pakarinen fits with. From last year, he has an elite shot and he always finished his checks. Here's hoping he sticks.

Oct 15, 2008
So you're assuming that all prospects develop at the same rate?

Are you assuming that Pakarinen is more nhl ready than Draisaitl?

Im saying that "the he needs time to develop" mantra is specious reasoning at best, plain ole bumfoolery at worst.

From where I sit he looks like the best option to play with those two and get something going for them. Because they need something or someone to get them going. Ill put my money on Draisaitl helping with that more than Pakarinen.

Nothing says Draisaitl cant go back down to Bakersfield when Eberle returns in a week or two.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Are you assuming that Pakarinen is more nhl ready than Draisaitl?

From where I sit he looks like the best option to play with those two and get something going for them. Because they need something or someone to get them going. Ill put my money on Draisaitl helping with that more than Pakarinen.

Nothing says Draisaitl cant go back down to Bakersfield when Eberle returns in a week or two.

Pakarinen being a better skater and playing with more energy makes me think he'd be a better complement to our top group of forwards than Draisaitl at the moment. IMO he is more NHL ready than Draisaitl. I don't think he has anywhere near Draisaitl's potential, but he is more ready right now. If Draisaitl was a better skater, he'd absolutely be ready in my mind. The fact that he isn't near as good a skater as our other top-end forwards leads me to believe that he'd have a hard time generating much at this point though.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Love this move. No point bringing Leon up this early. Let him get going down there. He's shown nothing at the AHL level that deserves a call up. Not saying Pakarinen has but he's just here for a cup of coffee during injuries and will be sent back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad