Rumor: Pagnotta: Teams interested in Leddy, believe Lou is willing to listen

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
because there are teams that need defense obviously, they see we are rebuilding and hope we might consider trading him since we dont plan on winning the stanley cup this season
But he has a no trade clause. Why bother asking unless Leddy is willing to waive it?
And why would he waive it if he likes being an Islander in the first place.
It's pretty obvious Leddy has told Lou he either wants out or he's willing to go to a team that has better talent.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Teams can call all they want. LL could listen all day and all friggin night and wastes everyone's time. The fact remains Leddy and Boychuk control their own destiny. So unless Leddy asked to be dealt or is willing to waive which is logical when you consider the state of the franchise then these rumors whether true or not are moot.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
But he has a no trade clause. Why bother asking unless Leddy is willing to waive it?
And why would he waive it if he likes being an Islander in the first place.
It's pretty obvious Leddy has told Lou he either wants out or he's willing to go to a team that has better talent.
then wouldnt pagnotta have written that Leddy asked for a trade and not that teams are calling asking if hes available. words do have meanings you know?

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
If I could go back in time I'd tell the Oilers to build a vet defence and goalie so that every mistake a playing prospect made wouldn't end up in the back of the net. One season with an adequate defence/goalie equals 1 playoff appearance and 3 rebuilds.

Isles should keep Leddy if he is good enough to allow prospects to thrive. It's more important than a pick or so.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I did. I consider this surprising news consider how closely I follow the Islanders. Nick Leddy requesting a trade - both this season and last - seems like a pretty big story to get by me.

Any other Islander fans heard about this? This Newsworthy guy seems to have the inside scoop - doesn't have any sources or evidence or a single anything about Leddy requesting a trade this season or last - but he's clearly sarcastic enough to mock those who dare question him.

So yeah homeboy, going to need the tiniest shred of evidence to continue discussing this lie you made up in your head and felt like passing on as truth to get attention. I'm gonna play more Red Dead.

That's what consuming too much Dippin' Dots does to a person.

Jan 21, 2018
If I'm Lou I push for Roslovic like Sakic pushed for Barzal in Duchene talks. No reason to move Leddy just to move him and I don't see a better defenseman than him, with good term and AAV, on the market. With Pelech, Aho, Toews in the system Lou can bide his time until a team is willing to give up a legit strong 2C like Montreal got with Suzuki.

Tavares isn't there to carry the isles anymore, the reality is there's a good chance Leddy's value will drop this season compared to his previous years.

Ask Benning how well your approach worked for Tanev, nucks fans were initially demanding Marner/Nylander and now Tanev's arguably not even worth a 1st.

Roslovic isn't going to happen, but a late 1st + a B level prospect seems like a fair return.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Tavares isn't there to carry the isles anymore, the reality is there's a good chance Leddy's value will drop this season compared to his previous years.

Ask Benning how well your approach worked for Tanev, nucks fans were initially demanding Marner/Nylander and now Tanev's arguably not even worth a 1st.

Roslovic isn't going to happen, but a late 1st + a B level prospect seems like a fair return.

I'd say the Weight -> Trotz coaching change has a much, much, much larger affect on defensive play than losing Tavares. Expecting Leddy and the rest of the Islanders to have a really good chance at "dropping" in value because Tavares plays for the Leafs is a silly and simplistic opinion to have.

I'd rather not trade Leddy for a "fair return". I'd rather keep him because his contract his great and he can hopefully mentor young kids like Toews, Dobson and Wilde. Contrary to what people lie about, Leddy has not asked for a trade nor is he an impending UFA anytime soon. I don't see a better defensemen available via trade right now, so meet our steep asking price or we'll just keep him.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I'd say the Weight -> Trotz coaching change has a much, much, much larger affect on defensive play than losing Tavares. Expecting Leddy and the rest of the Islanders to have a really good chance at "dropping" in value because Tavares plays for the Leafs is a silly and simplistic opinion to have.

I'd rather not trade Leddy for a "fair return". I'd rather keep him because his contract his great and he can hopefully mentor young kids like Toews, Dobson and Wilde. Contrary to what people lie about, Leddy has not asked for a trade nor is he an impending UFA anytime soon. I don't see a better defensemen available via trade right now, so meet our steep asking price or we'll just keep him.

agreed, When Nate Schmidt of all people gets 6Mx6, he who has averaged less than 18 points a season in his career as opposed to Leddy who has basically doubled that, only makes 5.5M, you gotta figure that Leddy has value, and working with Trotz will only make him a better player

6Mx6 for a guy left unprotected in the expansion draft mind you. teams are always in need of defense too. Im perfectly fine keeping Leddy

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ideally a first round pick and a prospect. At least that's my take. I'd shoot for a first round pick and a "B+" prospect or an "A" prospect and a 2nd. Just my opinion.

Shoot for the moon if I'm Lou since Leddy's signed to a very reasonable contract.
Roslovic + Vesalainen are > than a 1st and a B prospect. Both are A prospects. Jets won't move both of them, but the Isles would trade Leddy for them in a nanosecond.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Leddy won't be traded for picks and prospects alone. He is probably the best trading chip the Islanders have and they would want a good roster players or two in return. Their main need is a #2C and I think he may get one straight up. Lou has several other players he can deal for prospects and picks if he wills it so.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
nothing about the fit or desirability--we have no need of Leddy really either. I thought it'd be one of those funny things, two first round draft picks that were traded from their teams for poor value end back with their drafting teams.
Isles felt Nino and his agent acted unprofessionally in badmouthing the organization and trying to force a trade.
Snow made mistakes in that situation also, but ZERO reason for the isles to bring back a player they view as a malcontent & locker room problem.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Roslovic + Vesalainen are > than a 1st and a B prospect. Both are A prospects. Jets won't move both of them, but the Isles would trade Leddy for them in a nanosecond.
neither are A level prospects, as both were late 1st round draftees and no the Isles wouldnt trade leddy in a nano second for them.

late first round prospects are not guaranteed to develop into anything as we have learned with Josh Ho Sang and Brock Nelson, would you trade Josh Morrissey for Ho Sang and Nelson in a nano second of course not

Jan 21, 2018

thinking a coaching change will have a bigger impact than losing an elite #1C for nothing is a silly and simplistic opinion to have.

Tavares carried your team, replacing him with a bunch of grinders is obviously going to negatively impact your defenders offensive totals, which in turn affect their overall value.

40 pont Leddy is worth a lot more than 20 point Leddy. no team will pay a steep asking price on a depreciating asset, you need to move him after he goes on a hot streak because his value will never be what it was a few months ago.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
thinking a coaching change will have a bigger impact than losing an elite #1C for nothing is a silly and simplistic opinion to have.

Tavares carried your team, replacing him with a bunch of grinders is obviously going to negatively impact your defenders offensive totals, which in turn affect their overall value.

40 pont Leddy is worth a lot more than 20 point Leddy. no team will pay a steep asking price on a depreciating asset, you need to move him after he goes on a hot streak because his value will never be what it was a few months ago.
the only thing simplistic is your answer. its downright idiotic, Leddy is signed for 4 years. of course losing tavares hurts his offense in the short term, but eventually Teams do adapt and roles are discovered and new players are added. so the only thing simplistic here is YOU thinking that things dont change especially over 4 years

If leddy were traded to Toronto or Winnipeg Do you really see him scoring only 20 points a season? what a silly simplistic fool you are

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Tanav's last 2 seasons,he has averaged roughly 43/44 games a season.
Tanev inability to stay healthy really hurts his trade value.

Also,Leddy is a pt producer. Tanev a shutdown D.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
McDavid can produce with anyone. The D however, cannot produce with anyone. They need a top 4 D badly.
maybe they do , need D, but McDavid as good as he is cannot fit with Just Anyone. he needs linemates with Vision and Hockey Sense, he sees the game on a higher level, not all Hockey players can do that, nor adjust on the fly as fast as he does

RNH has exactly the skills McDavid needs in a linemate especially the Vision

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

My mistake, I thought you were a rarely-posting Islanders fan who was a little late on an avatar change. You're actually a "still need to be a sore winner and gloat about it" Leafs fan who thinks Tavares is some magical NHL 19 card that when added to your team gives all defensemen a +5 overall boost. Thank you for doing your best to turn another mainboard Islanders thread that has nothing to do with John Tavares into a John Tavares thread because you're so unbelievably angry about winning and you just need to continue to seek revenge on the team you took Tavares from.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
He's kinda infuriating. Tons of talent and looked great only like a year and a half ago, but now just makes boneheaded plays in the DZone all the time, and hasn't had any offensive production. He's still a good top4 guy on a team that desperately lacks that, so I don't really think I'd trade him. Under different circumstances though he isn't exactly the type of guy fans would cry to see traded.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

You guys have your own d and an injury to worry about. Pajama Boy seems to still be carrying Josh Bailey and Anders Lee, maybe he really is generational?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
My mistake, I thought you were a rarely-posting Islanders fan who was a little late on an avatar change. You're actually a "still need to be a sore winner and gloat about it" Leafs fan who thinks Tavares is some magical NHL 19 card that when added to your team gives all defensemen a +5 overall boost. Thank you for doing your best to turn another mainboard Islanders thread that has nothing to do with John Tavares into a John Tavares thread because you're so unbelievably angry about winning and you just need to continue to seek revenge on the team you took Tavares from.

/r/murderedbywords

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad