Pageau?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That's up to Pageau. Barring a free agent signing or center in the Spezza trade, there is oing to be an open spot down the middle next season on the Senators.

Who can take it out of camp remains to be seen.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Unless he blows in camp or we keep Spezza I expect him to at least start the year in Ottawa

Hopefully he gets to play with Greening because they have played well together in the past (small sample size and all)

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Who were Pageau's teammates for the MTL series last year? Specifically the hatty game... anyone remember?

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Who were Pageau's teammates for the MTL series last year? Specifically the hatty game... anyone remember?

Pretty sure Greening and Neil for one of the goals and Greening and Condra for another of the goals

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Pageau, Stone, Hoffman and Lazar will all be fighting for spots in training camp.

I'm hoping all of them get one.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Was phenomenal in AHL and playoff run.

I expect him to definitely lock up a spot with an extra summer training session. I believe DaCosta leaving solidifies his spot for next year, unless we sign a Grabovski or something.

Stone has easily locked up a roster spot, no question.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
pageauuuuuuuu, pageauuuuuuuuuu, pagEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
pageau pageau pageauuuuuuuuuuuu
pageauuuuuuuu, pageauuuuuuuuuu, pag.....eau?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
With SDC leaving for the KHL the job is probably Pageau's to lose. The wild card of course is what comes back in the Spezza trade. If we get a C back as one of the roster players then Pageau will only be up as an injury replacement.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

I expect him to definitely lock up a spot with an extra summer training session. I believe DaCosta leaving solidifies his spot for next year, unless we sign a Grabovski or something.

Yeah I think Stone is a complete lock for an RW spot. Pageau will probably get the 4th C spot as well. I think what people have to keep in mind is that Pageau/SDC were both p/pg in the A this year but Pageau is 3 years younger.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY

Meh, well not exactly..not my style to call players out but did expect more out of Pager only to fall short in the post season.

I dunno..whispers led to some dis-grunted, or at least frustrated players in the locker room in that first series, which is understandable leading to the Pens total dominance in the post season of the B-Sens over the years..

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Meh, well not exactly..not my style to call players out but did expect more out of Pager only to fall short in the post season.

I dunno..whispers led to some dis-grunted, or at least frustrated players in the locker room in that first series, which is understandable leading to the Pens total dominance in the post season of the B-Sens over the years..

I think Pageau is ready for the big leagues full-time despite his good/mediocre performance in the AHL playoffs. I'm hoping to see him on our third or fourth line on a nightly basis but not I'm certainly not certain it will actually happen.

Tape2Tape

Aug 18, 2010
Kassian being gone will help. Seems every time JGP got a chance to play he was plugged into 4th line duty with Condra and Kassian. Not much for him to work with there.

If Michalek comes back and we get a top 6 winger in the Spezza trade, I wouldn't mind seeing JGP in between Greening and Stone.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Greening-Pageau-Condra would be a wonderful fourth line, but Neil probably has that RW spot sadly.

But yeah, at least there's no more Kassian.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I think Pageau is ready for the big leagues full-time despite his good/mediocre performance in the AHL playoffs. I'm hoping to see him on our third or fourth line on a nightly basis but not I'm certainly not certain it will actually happen.

If he is ready he will show it in in camp and preseason, but his play will have to improve significantly over his playoff showing which really was average at best.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Really? He was everywhere in all 3 zones but his linemates didn't keep up with him or show same level of competitiveness.

He did look a bit lost when he had the puck on his stick but that's cause I think he tried to do too much, his linemates weren't as supportive.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I expect Pageau to have a very good AHL career, may even follow SDC to the KHL or play in Europe at some point.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Greening-Pageau-Condra would be a wonderful fourth line, but Neil probably has that RW spot sadly.

But yeah, at least there's no more Kassian.

This makes me mad, because Greening and Condra have some kind of crazy chemistry together (even with Smith as C), but Stache always insists on having Neil as RW.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
And it's not like that 4th line would lack grittiness or physical play. You can get 300+ hits easily from them. Greening-Smith-Condra would be a sick 4th line, but alas, we need a plug there instead.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I expect Pageau to have a very good AHL career, may even follow SDC to the KHL or play in Europe at some point.

Pageau is 21, Already has very good AHL numbers. Already has a very good NHL playoff. I think it's very easy to say he will be an NHL regular. I would not be surprised to see him supplant Smith this year.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
And it's not like that 4th line would lack grittiness or physical play. You can get 300+ hits easily from them. Greening-Smith-Condra would be a sick 4th line, but alas, we need a plug there instead.

Yeah exactly. And for whatever reason Greening & Condra together become forecheck & cycling masters. If our 4th line spent all its time down low working a cycle/playing possession we're pretty well off. Plus Smith adds real sandpaper and a lot of won draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad