Recalled/Assigned: Pageau sent to Bingo

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Pageau was not and is not a "flash in the pan" he is a twenty year old kid with good upside that just needs time to develop. Was he overhyped of coursehe was by the same people who bashed Turris last year, were bashing Zibanejad early and who are going after Conacher, Weircioch and Cowen now. :shakehead

Sorry. I meant what he did was a flash in the pan. His production during those 20 games, will be the exception, not the norm.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Sorry. I meant what he did was a flash in the pan. His production during those 20 games, will be the exception, not the norm.

Yes your right on that, the same thing is going on with Conacher, Weir, and Cowen. People see these "bursts" of brilliance and expect it all the time. All will be good players for us but people are expecting too much too soon with our young guys. Wait till Zib has a bad week or a bad string of games, you know it will happen !!

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm happy to hear about this move. Although I think Pageau is outstanding, somewhere along the line he lost his confidence. Sitting in the pressbox will not fix this, but maybe playing loads of minutes in Bingo will. I'm sure he'll get another shot with the big club at some point this season.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Pageau is early winner of the Bochenski award.

The player that scores a hat trick then seemingly can't play afterwards.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
He has recovered from it, but I'm sure it had something to do with his poor performance in the face off circle.

Stache said as much when he stated that he was satisfied with Pageau's play but also said it would be easier to put him in the lineup if he was good on faceoffs.

Now that he's healed, rather than sit out games which won't help his development he's better in Bingo where he can work on that part of his game. Pageau doesn't lack the desire or willingness to build himself up so his core body strength will come with time.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Because we suck and we like it that way.

Dude, I'm a big fan of Pageau but Conacher has outplayed him. And let's face it, playing on the 4th line with scrubs was only going to hurt his development. Only problem I have is that he should have gone down earlier.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Pageau is early winner of the Bochenski award.

The player that scores a hat trick then seemingly can't play afterwards.

Only difference is that Pageau was our best player in the playoffs last year and proved he could play in the hardest of atmosphere's. If i'm not mistaken Bochenski was also given about 30 games on Ottawa's top line beside Spezza and Pageau played 5 or so games with Kassian. Pageau's hockey IQ is off the charts and he competes harder than most people so I am willing to bet you that Pageau will have a much better career than Bochenski.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Tampa would grab him up and we would end up giving Bishop away for a 4th.

You need to relax a little.

That was sarcasm everyone knows Conacher is one of my favorites. Tampa wouldn't get a chance to claim him Buffalo, New Jersey ect would put in a claim well before Tampa had a chance.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
He has recovered from it, but I'm sure it had something to do with his poor performance in the face off circle.

ah yes so Bingo would also be a place for him to recover from whatever injury he had/has I hope he does not go the Regin route, would be really sad... :(

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
ah yes so Bingo would also be a place for him to recover from whatever injury he had/has I hope he does not go the Regin route, would be really sad... :(

I can't see it too much hockey IQ and fire in that guy. He never got any opportunity this year, it was a numbers game more than anything. We are just too deep at center right now.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
LOL

I like Pageau, but find it hilarious that anyone thought he was anything more than a flash in the pan.

People were calling into the Team 1200 and were saying that any line Pageau was on, should be considered the 1st line.

Zibanejad on the big team, Pageau and DaCosta in Bingo. The world makes sense again.

I don't get that kind of comment... What is the hurry to make a final decision on Pageau? Is it the end of the world soon and I didn't get the memo? Pageau is 20 y/o and he is being sent to get more playing time, to continue his development. That's it that's all, nothing more than that.

Or maybe you have no idea what a "flash in the pan" means???

It somewhat reminds me of Couturier vs Zibanejad debates (lol how much heat I took in those). 1 year after the draft, people were saying "we clearly made the wrong choice, Murray sucks" and everything. Now it doesn't look exactly the same right? Where are those bashers? Dead. Wrong. Eating crow as usual. Well, they should but they're maybe too intellectually dishonest to do it.

We should stop trying to draw conclusions on such short time spans. It absolutely makes no sense... You're doing the exact same thing (but opposite) as people who overhyped Pageau. You are right about that, people went nuts, and I was on that side too, trying to temper expectations.

Pageau just turned pro last year, he finished the year and in the playoffs. That's incredible. But it doesn't mean he still doesn't need more development to become a regular and efficient NHL player.

EDIT : damn, saw your 2nd post. Made me write all that for nothing but I'll post it anyway

Pageau >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conacher x2

You're probably gaining a lot of credibility there.

Another proof people are just not rational.

Pageau was not and is not a "flash in the pan" he is a twenty year old kid with good upside that just needs time to develop. Was he overhyped of coursehe was by the same people who bashed Turris last year, were bashing Zibanejad early and who are going after Conacher, Weircioch and Cowen now. :shakehead

Exactly and it's been the same old story for as long as I can remember. People have literally no patience, everything should happen "cinderella style" right away. Yeah, it surely works like that in life. How many people will have to wait a decade to move from a night shift to a day shift? How many will have to wait a decade just to get a promotion?

The NHL is real life too. A lot of problems and adversity for players and teams too

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Awesome getting JPG back, we got 2 games this weekend and he should be #1 centre as OB is currently out injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad