Recalled/Assigned: Pageau sent to Bingo

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Not incredibly surprised, haven't been very impressed with him so far this year.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Good decision. Hopefully he will increase his confidence and will have the same impact on the team as Zibby has since he got called up.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
ur kidding, right?

No?

I think Zibby has been playing good since he's been called up and seeing Mac giving him minutes in the first and second line confirms that.

Why would it be controversial to hope that Pageau does the same?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Good decision. Hopefully he will increase his confidence and will have the same impact on the team as Zibby has since he got called up.

Exactly !! He has shown that he can do it and he will be back. Great move for his development he will be back !!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
No?

I think Zibby has been playing good since he's been called up and seeing Mac giving him minutes in the first and second line confirms that.

Why would it be controversial to hope that Pageau does the same?

I meant Neil with Spezza. i just saw it.

On another note, I hope Luke chooses to play Pageau over DaCosta and Obrein as #1C since Pageau actually has a future here.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's a good move. I want to see Pageau on the team, but it made no sense keeping Pageau up as a fourth line center. It's better he get top 6 minutes in the AHL and be ready as a two way call up.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
I meant Neil with Spezza. i just saw it.

On another note, I hope Luke chooses to play Pageau over DaCosta and Obrein as #1C since Pageau actually has a future here.

I agree with you on that.

Giving Pageau big minutes and responsibility in Bingo will just be good for his development.

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He hasn't played in a while. Makes no sense to have him sit and do nothing instead of playing in the AHL.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
LOL

I like Pageau, but find it hilarious that anyone thought he was anything more than a flash in the pan.

People were calling into the Team 1200 and were saying that any line Pageau was on, should be considered the 1st line.

Zibanejad on the big team, Pageau and DaCosta in Bingo. The world makes sense again.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Anyone getting upset or questioning why JGP was sent down hasnt watched him play this season. I was skeptical when he made the team out of camp and everything has played out as I expected - he and Da Costa are too small and too weak. Give him big minutes in Bingo and let him grow as a person and player. Nothing wrong with this move.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Pageau is playing nowhere near Conacher right now...

He had a good run late last season, but it is time for him to do some more developing.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
LOL

I like Pageau, but find it hilarious that anyone thought he was anything more than a flash in the pan.

People were calling into the Team 1200 and were saying that any line Pageau was on, should be considered the 1st line.

Zibanejad on the big team, Pageau and DaCosta in Bingo. The world makes sense again.

Pageau was not and is not a "flash in the pan" he is a twenty year old kid with good upside that just needs time to develop. Was he overhyped of coursehe was by the same people who bashed Turris last year, were bashing Zibanejad early and who are going after Conacher, Weircioch and Cowen now. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->