Pageau or Smith

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The thought of our top prospect on a line like this makes me cringe. Not that dislike pageau. (I dislike smith). But lazar should be in WHL. With top line WHL talent. And then he should be in the AHL. With top line AHL talent. And then he should be in the NHL. With top 6 NHL talent.

Except Lazar is already a far above average defensive forward on this team and in the NHL as a 19 year old.

You know who you don't send to the minors? Guys you put up against Crosby repeatedly on Defensive Zone faceoffs in a meaningful game... Who just turned 20.

Lazar is an awesome player. His character is off the charts. He is the kinda guy that can grow in the NHL. He is good at things teenagers are not supposed to be good at. He is physical and mentally ready for NHL hockey. He goes to the WJC and the brain trust plays him with MacDavid. He is not a normal prospect.

He is fully capable of playing with Pageau and Hoffman and Stone. He is not going to learn crap in juniors when he is taking faceoffs vs Crosby in real NHL games. What he learns more beating on Children then facing the best in the world? WJC is one thing. Smart of the Sens to send him
Back... To play with maybe the best player Not in the NHL. Playing vs or with limited AHL or WHL players is pointless now.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I liked the rugged, pesky, punchable face, defensive Smith that used to draw more penalties with his smirk than was penalized himself.

I don't think he ever did draw near the penalties he took. And the less effective Smith is likely the team saying don't take near so many penalties... Equals Smith being less effective. Smith for years took near equal penalties resulting in an opponents PP as Neil. And he was not and will never be Neil. Neil is like top 5 pest for most of his career in the NHL and top 10 in hits and with 12-20 fights. Smith is nothing like that. Yet he took as many meaningful penalties. He woulda been better in the dead puck era. Now he gets called for everything he every does. Kills the team. Team says stop it. Not playing like that he is ineffective. I hope we can trade him in the off season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Except Lazar is already a far above average defensive forward on this team and in the NHL as a 19 year old.

You know who you don't send to the minors? Guys you put up against Crosby repeatedly on Defensive Zone faceoffs in a meaningful game... Who just turned 20.

Lazar is an awesome player. His character is off the charts. He is the kinda guy that can grow in the NHL. He is good at things teenagers are not supposed to be good at. He is physical and mentally ready for NHL hockey. He goes to the WJC and the brain trust plays him with MacDavid. He is not a normal prospect.

He is fully capable of playing with Pageau and Hoffman and Stone. He is not going to learn crap in juniors when he is taking faceoffs vs Crosby in real NHL games. What he learns more beating on Children then facing the best in the world? WJC is one thing. Smart of the Sens to send him
Back... To play with maybe the best player Not in the NHL. Playing vs or with limited AHL or WHL players is pointless now.
This is one debate here that I don't think will ever end. It's not about "learning". It's about molding , and honing, and refining.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't think he ever did draw near the penalties he took. And the less effective Smith is likely the team saying don't take near so many penalties... Equals Smith being less effective. Smith for years took near equal penalties resulting in an opponents PP as Neil. And he was not and will never be Neil. Neil is like top 5 pest for most of his career in the NHL and top 10 in hits and with 12-20 fights. Smith is nothing like that. Yet he took as many meaningful penalties. He woulda been better in the dead puck era. Now he gets called for everything he every does. Kills the team. Team says stop it. Not playing like that he is ineffective. I hope we can trade him in the off season.

You would be wrong. Smith consistently has drawn as many penalties as he has taken, and the stats bare that out.

Neil on the other hand, has been very inconsistent, ranging from taking to three times as many penalties as he draws, to breaking about even in certain years. Last year in particular, was a bad one for Neil.

For a forward to be a "negative" is a bad thing, because in general, they tend to draw more penalties on average, where as d-men typically take more penalties than they draw. Again, speaking in general terms.

RedSeven*

Pageau every day. Smith had one good 30 game stretch a million years ago.

He's got no skill and we have too many kids coming up thatvare better and need space for.

See ya.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Pageau every day. Smith had one good 30 game stretch a million years ago.

He's got no skill and we have too many kids coming up thatvare better and need space for.

See ya.

See ya, wouldn't want to have multiple years of contract left with ya... oh ****

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad