Value of: Pageau + DeMelo (OTT) to Colorado

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
the value seems about right however with all the recent injuries to defenceman it probably makes more sense for ottawa to deal demelo separately since there is a chance a team overpays

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
landing jost at the deadline would make me happy.
Pageau, demelo for jost and zadorov with picks mixed in would be great in my opinion

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm probably lower on Jost than most Sens fans and even I can see the benefit of something like this.

I still think there may be more value in dealing them separately, but as far as proposals for both guys are concerned, this is as good as it gets.
Yeah Josts biggest issues are purely physical. He thinks and reads the game well, but doesn't skate well enough to fit our style. I think in an organization that develops as well as you guys, he could grow pretty well.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Good point, the Sens do have too many 1st round picks this year. I’m a-okay deferring the first to next year. To help you guys out, of course.

How many is too many in this excellent draft? And we only have 2 1st this year where did you get that we have too many?

COL 2021 first (unprotected) + COL 2020 third
Shame on you to try to mess up this thread!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
How many is too many in this excellent draft? And we only have 2 1st this year where did you get that we have too many?
I should have said “enough” instead of “too many.” Why would you guys want a pick in the gross, lowly 20s range when you’ve got 2 already in the top-10? It’s a very disgusting range to pick in, the 20s. Not much talent there. We can hold on to our pick and save you guys the hassle of having to deal with the pressure of having a 3rd 1st rounder in such a repugnant area of the draft.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kadri out indefinitely for the Avs.

Pagesu just became an even better fit and the Avs need for him just skyrocketed.

Other teams are afraid to offer up a guaranteed first, this is how the Avs outbid everyone else and get him in Denver.

1st + Jost for Pageau. Just make it happen Joe. It's a fair deal and a good one for both sides and the goals they're trying to attain.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Pagesu just became an even better fit and the Avs need for him just skyrocketed.

Other teams are afraid to offer up a guaranteed first, this is how the Avs outbid everyone else and get him in Denver.

1st + Jost for Pageau. Just make it happen Joe. It's a fair deal and a good one for both sides and the goals they're trying to attain.

Matters how long Kadri is out. If he's out for the season I'm not sure its worth our time trading a 1+ for a rental player unless there's some guarantee that he signs.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
COL 2021 first (unprotected) + COL 2020 third
i-see-what-you-did-there-meme.jpg

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If I'm Sakic I'm willing to overpay a bit for Pageau to get him ASAP now that Kadri is down for a while. Half our farm system came from Dorion anyway.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ugh, just do it. We need him to be the band aid while Kadri is out, then he’d slide down and be the perfect 3C for the playoffs. Get it done now so we don’t have to play games with a mystery bag at 2C.

Duchene’s first game as a Sen was against the Avs, correct? Let’s do the same for JGP. Send him to the home locker room tonight.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Id do it for an unprotected 1st
Pageau is going to get that alone. 1st, 2nd + prospect or young roster player for both.

This does make sense...

What about 1st jost, zadorov + cap dump for pageau demelo and borowiecki 3rd 2020?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Could we keep the 1st out of it for just Paggy?

How about Pageau for conditional 2021 2nd + Jost. 2nd becomes a protected 1st if Pageau re-signs with the Avalanche. If there's a throw in they'd want like Kamenev or Rosen level too?

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Could we keep the 1st out of it for just Paggy?

How about Pageau for conditional 2021 2nd + Jost. 2nd becomes a protected 1st if Pageau re-signs with the Avalanche. If there's a throw in they'd want like Kamenev or Rosen level too?

No dice, the 1st in the proposals is pretty much for Pageau with or without Demelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad