Value of: Pageau + DeMelo (OTT) to Colorado

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Pageau and DeMelo are both upcoming UFAs and obvious trade targets for contending teams.

JGP fills a huge need for the Avs at 3C and would enable them to run MacKinnon-Kadri-Pageau-Bellemare down the middle.

DeMelo would slot in on the 3rd pairing and probably push out Zadorov to a healthy scratch. Would be a nice PK add.

What would the cost be?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
A 2020 1st in the 24-31 range gets both guys?

Done from my perspective.

My guess is Dorion would also want some sort of 'project' type player to go along with the pick. Whether it's an NHLer like Duclair (was), or a prospect like Ho-Sang (just an example) depends on what Colorado has to offer I guess.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Pageau and DeMelo are both upcoming UFAs and obvious trade targets for contending teams.

JGP fills a huge need for the Avs at 3C and would enable them to run MacKinnon-Kadri-Pageau-Bellemare down the middle.

DeMelo would slot in on the 3rd pairing and probably push out Zadorov to a healthy scratch. Would be a nice PK add.

What would the cost be?

Zadorov is not getting scratched. JGP would be sweet though; we need a 3rd C.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
No chance

I'd do it for a two 2nds which each turn into 1sts if the players are re-signed + Jost

Otherwise we're probably better off just trading them separately

I don’t think on their own they each bring a cond 1st + whatever half of Josts value is. I could MAYBE see Pageau getting that return solo but not Demelo

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
1st + Jost + Barberio

Barberio for cap purposes and a warm body to protect a couple younger Dmen. Jost as a project add.

I'm probably lower on Jost than most Sens fans and even I can see the benefit of something like this.

I still think there may be more value in dealing them separately, but as far as proposals for both guys are concerned, this is as good as it gets.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd do the proposed 1st, Jost, Barberio deal but I have a hard time seeing Bendar healthy scratch any of our current top six defenders for DeMelo. I'd imagine Zadorov would be gone at the deadline for this to happen.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'd do the proposed 1st, Jost, Barberio deal but I have a hard time seeing Bendar healthy scratch any of our current top six defenders for DeMelo. I'd imagine Zadorov would be gone at the deadline for this to happen.
AFAIK Demelo is an upgrade on Barberio, so even if he started in the #7 spot and filled in for injuries, or to rest Cole, it is still a beneficial add to the lineup. Plus he's another right handed shot and we only have 2 of those.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
AFAIK Demelo is an upgrade on Barberio, so even if he started in the #7 spot and filled in for injuries, or to rest Cole, it is still a beneficial add to the lineup. Plus he's another right handed shot and we only have 2 of those.

No argument there. Avs fans know better than most how important defensive depth is come playoff time.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->