Value of: Pageau + DeMelo (OTT) to Colorado

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Jost is looking like a bust. Don’t want him.
Just curious, do you watch him play a lot? Cause this kinda seems like a lazy narrative. He's 9 days younger than Logan Brown, and was taken one spot ahead of him. One of them has 65 points in 193 NHL games, the other has 9 points in 29 games.

I guess they're both busts?

Jost had a point per game freshman year and then went straight into the NHL and didn't develop properly. Sens fans definitely understand the value of developing prospects properly. Zibanejad, Ceci and Lazar were all rushed because Ottawa wanted to win but their impatience impacted their long term development.

The same thing is happening to Jost. He's not even 22 yet. He's a young player who was rushed into the NHL by a team trying to make some noise in the playoffs. He's averaging 11 minutes of ice time. He looked really good last night.

Great buy-low candidate and the exact kind of players should be targeting. He can play games in Belleville if he needs to.

If it's Jost+1st for those two rentals, I take it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
My issue with trading Bowers is he's penciled in to be the 3C next year, which means if he's traded we have to start this whole process over again or re-sign Paggy, which has the caveat of him being considerable more expensive than Bowers on an ELC.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
What’s Pageau looking for in terms of his next contract? That and whether he’d be willing to sign an extension upon being traded could have a big impact on the trade return.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
What’s Pageau looking for in terms of his next contract? That and whether he’d be willing to sign an extension upon being traded could have a big impact on the trade return.
I really hope he signs a 4 year deal worth $4,444,444.

It'd be pretty cool and is about where his value is at right now.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Just curious, do you watch him play a lot? Cause this kinda seems like a lazy narrative. He's 9 days younger than Logan Brown, and was taken one spot ahead of him. One of them has 65 points in 193 NHL games, the other has 9 points in 29 games.

I guess they're both busts?

Jost had a point per game freshman year and then went straight into the NHL and didn't develop properly. Sens fans definitely understand the value of developing prospects properly. Zibanejad, Ceci and Lazar were all rushed because Ottawa wanted to win but their impatience impacted their long term development.

The same thing is happening to Jost. He's not even 22 yet. He's a young player who was rushed into the NHL by a team trying to make some noise in the playoffs. He's averaging 11 minutes of ice time. He looked really good last night.

Great buy-low candidate and the exact kind of players should be targeting. He can play games in Belleville if he needs to.

If it's Jost+1st for those two rentals, I take it.

I'd still rather try for a 1st + Kaut/Timmins instead of Jost personally. Especially if we're trading both Pageau and DeMelo.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Yep.

And that argument is not allowed when talking about Andreas Athanasiou.

But same thing is happening at Detroit, for whole year.

I think for Ottawa, the last month given so many UFA's and RFA's with no contract talks with the team has played a large factor into their play. Guy's are playing tight, I wouldn't go so far as saying some have checked out, but the position they're in has certainly affected the team. They're all just kind of looking around waiting for the shoe to drop.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Could we keep the 1st out of it for just Paggy?

How about Pageau for conditional 2021 2nd + Jost. 2nd becomes a protected 1st if Pageau re-signs with the Avalanche. If there's a throw in they'd want like Kamenev or Rosen level too?

That doesn't work all that well. That means the 1st/2nd will be in 2021, not 2020 (since you have to wait until July 1st to see if Pageau will sign). There's a huge difference in quality between the 2020 and 2021 drafts.

We're looking for another pick in 2020. That's where the value is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad