OT: Page 20? Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Once again I'll be at work when you guys finish this thread off. I think you all are conspirators against me.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
mmmmph

ruvilla-adidas-top-ten-release-date-1.jpg

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
lols get glasses

also god forbid people spend money on quality when they could wear all sweats and goodwill shoes for 15 bucks

This is a silly argument in response to someone talking about $300 basketball sneakers. You aren't paying for "quality" at that point, you're paying for branding. The obvious alternative isn't shoes from Goodwill.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
lols get glasses

also god forbid people spend money on quality when they could wear all sweats and goodwill shoes for 15 bucks

First, that the joys of an opinion. I'm allowed to have one and it doesn't have to match yours. I didn't say you couldn't like them. IN MY OPINION THEY ARE UGLY.

Second, there is a difference between buying quality and spending too much. I never said don't buy quality, nor did I say anything about wearing only sweat pants or going to the goodwill. Please don't put words in my mouth.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This is a silly argument in response to someone talking about $300 basketball sneakers. You aren't paying for "quality" at that point, you're paying for branding. The obvious alternative isn't shoes from Goodwill.

that's false. $300 shoes, which I didn't feature, incidentally, are indeed generally manufactured with better materials, higher standards of production, etc.

There's a status associated with various brands that drives up the price but those likely to be 100-130 dollar shoes I posted have pretty decent construction and pattern for that price range.

Conspicuous consumption is another thing altogether and in this case it's inaccurate to claim it

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
First, that the joys of an opinion. I'm allowed to have one and it doesn't have to match yours. I didn't say you couldn't like them. IN MY OPINION THEY ARE UGLY.

yes, and opinions aren't inherently valid/deserving of acknowledgement respect. The right to have an opinion is.

Second, there is a difference between buying quality and spending too much. I never said don't buy quality, nor did I say anything about wearing only sweat pants or going to the goodwill. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Nah I'm mocking afino acting as if charging fair value for nicer shoes is some laughable concept

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
yes, and opinions aren't inherently valid/deserving of acknowledgement respect. The right to have an opinion is.

Nah I'm mocking afino acting as if charging fair value for nicer shoes is some laughable concept

I could say so many things to both these points but I'm going to bite my tongue and save myself the headache typing out the points of that will misunderstood anyway.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I could say so many things to both these points but I'm going to bite my tongue and save myself the headache typing out the points of that will misunderstood anyway.

how can I pretend to take the high road when in reality I don't know what I'm talking about

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
running roulette to see who actually gets #1000 after my posts are deleted :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad