Proposal: Pacioretty to Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
you would trade strome before dvorak and you would trade him for pacioretty? im personally not a fan a strome but yeah just curious
I'm saying Dvorak more than likely has twice the trade value Strome has at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Dvorak finishes next season around 20-30-50.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm saying Dvorak more than likely has twice the trade value Strome has at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Dvorak finishes next season around 20-30-50.

i think they have similar value tbh at this point. People are disapointing Strome hasn't cracked an NHL spot, but it might not be a bad thing, he doesn't have the best speed and exposing him straight up at the best level might have gone realy bad, Nothing wrong in his developpement path if you ask me and a PPG in your rookie AHL is actually very good!

What do you think Strome is worth, would you trade him, if so what you think he would be expandable for? in my personnal opinion arizona has been rebuilding for years and i think they lack a bit of Veterans!

edit: as for Dvorak, tbh i expect nothing less than that!

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
i think they have similar value tbh at this point. People are disapointing Strome hasn't cracked an NHL spot, but it might not be a bad thing, he doesn't have the best speed and exposing him straight up at the best level might have gone realy bad, Nothing wrong in his developpement path if you ask me and a PPG in your rookie AHL is actually very good!

What do you think Strome is worth, would you trade him, if so what you think he would be expandable for? in my personnal opinion arizona has been rebuilding for years and i think they lack a bit of Veterans!

edit: as for Dvorak, tbh i expect nothing less than that!

I don't have a problem with Strome's development path either. Its perfectly fine by me. I'm of the opinion that Christian Dvorak is criminally underrated. He's a two way centerman with a moderately high offensive ceiling, and the versatility to play any of the forward positions.

I wouldn't trade Strome for the simple fact that I don't think the return would be enough to justify the risk of him finally breaking out into a 60 point top 2 center on another team.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I don't have a problem with Strome's development path either. Its perfectly fine by me. I'm of the opinion that Christian Dvorak is criminally underrated. He's a two way centerman with a moderately high offensive ceiling, and the versatility to play any of the forward positions.

I wouldn't trade Strome for the simple fact that I don't think the return would be enough to justify the risk of him finally breaking out into a 60 point top 2 center on another team.

i totally understand! random question, if the trade never happened, who would have you trade for Chucky, Domi or Strome?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
i totally understand! random question, if the trade never happened, who would have you trade for Chucky, Domi or Strome?
Domi. But you're probably asking the wrong person. I wasn't the biggest Domi fan. Turnover machine, and the place offense goes to die, IMO.

Let me clarify my thoughts on Domi.

The guy is talented as all hell. My problem with him is it seems like his brain is not as fast as his hands or feet. There were so many times where he carried the puck into the zone, pulled up and either waited so long that the opposing defenseman was right up on him before he made a decision that usually ended up with either him throwing the puck out of the zone himself, or him throwing the puck off the defenders shin pads and out of the zone. This happened over, and over, and over.

He just never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Domi. But you're probably asking the wrong person. I wasn't the biggest Domi fan. Turnover machine, and the place offense goes to die, IMO.

Let me clarify my thoughts on Domi.

The guy is talented as all hell. My problem with him is it seems like his brain is not as fast as his hands or feet. There were so many times where he carried the puck into the zone, pulled up and either waited so long that the opposing defenseman was right up on him before he made a decision that usually ended up with either him throwing the puck out of the zone himself, or him throwing the puck off the defenders shin pads and out of the zone. This happened over, and over, and over.

He just never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

i always liked domi realy bad! but will check that out more closely, Radulov did that alot too, he would end up exhausted in the Ozone and make a turn over!

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
it makes zero sense,

a rebuilding team should not want patches, thats the reason we are trading him

While your entitled to your opinion, you just told a Yotes fans he is wrong about his team's needs. As it turns out, i agree with him. At some point, a team needs to stop rebuilding and try to assemble a winner. Also, as per hfb people, rebuilding teams should only have under 22 yo players, which is complete non sense. Yes you need young players to rebuild, but you also need stable environment by adding good veteran presence and good coaching staff.

The reason we are trading patches, is because we are starting the process. Coyotes should be on the ending part of it.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
it makes zero sense,

a rebuilding team should not want patches, thats the reason we are trading him

The Coyotes aren't a rebuilding team.

7th overall for Stepan, Raanta
Murphy for Hjalmarsson
pick for Wedgewood
Duclair for Panik
Reider for Kuemper
Domi for Galchenyuk

Every single notable trade from Arizona recently has been getting older, more established, and more expensive players in return. They are making trades to address immediate positions of need. The goal is clearly to improve on the ice now.

It was clear to anyone paying attention that they wanted to win last season, and it was reported on a lot. The team had a catastrophic start, but went 20-13-7 after the calendar flipped to 2018. They want to win again this season.

Just because they finished at the bottom of the standings doesn't mean they are rebuilding. They were not sellers at the deadline. They dodn't move OEL or Hjalmarsson or Raanta. They signed them to extensions. Nothing about this franchise says rebuilding. They aren't contenders yet, and could miss the playoffs. But they aren't rebuilding.

Edit: Thanks @Benstheman. You're bang on.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
As a habs fan 8m for 6 yrs is over paid, the big question is... Can he become a 30 goal scorer again? If he does it would be more like 6x6 or 7x6yrs no way we would get Chychrun.. He is a good defensive defense

JVR and Kane got 7. forgot the 6x6... he's getting 6 x 7M minimum and deservedly so...
Pacioretty threads are so messed up, because there were so many it now seems like Pacioretty is a fringe top 6 winger... depressing

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
While your entitled to your opinion, you just told a Yotes fans he is wrong about his team's needs. As it turns out, i agree with him. At some point, a team needs to stop rebuilding and try to assemble a winner. Also, as per hfb people, rebuilding teams should only have under 22 yo players, which is complete non sense. Yes you need young players to rebuild, but you also need stable environment by adding good veteran presence and good coaching staff.

The reason we are trading patches, is because we are starting the process. Coyotes should be on the ending part of it.

Totally agree with what you are saying, seems like Phoenix has been rebuilding for a very long time. Maybe it is time to get someone older more experienced to come in and shape some of the youth.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Chychrun is a lot better than Juulsen.
Juulsen had an ok stint in the AHL, but up until that he hadn't come close to living up to the first rd pick hype.
took a massive step back in everett after being drafted (52 to 28pts) and did absolutely nothing in the playoffs his entire WHL career (0g/5a in 25games)

if the habs had a chance to land chychrun (they wont) they would jump all over it

This isn't really true if you followed Juulsen. He didn't take a "massive step back" in his D+1 year... nobody expected him to replicate the offensive production of his draft season. The Silvertips had 4 players scoring 60+ points that year, with Scherbak at 80+, and in his D+1 year the tips leading scorer had 58...

2014-15 the Silvertips scored 242 goals
2015-16 the Silvertips scored 182 goals

The team played a complete defensive game that relied almost entirely on Hart (similar to how Montreal plays with Price), and Juulsen was their #1 d-man.

He also wasn't very impressive in the AHL to start out, but looked much better in the NHL for some reason

Reactions: smirob

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Totally agree with what you are saying, seems like Phoenix has been rebuilding for a very long time. Maybe it is time to get someone older more experienced to come in and shape some of the youth.
3 seasons is a very long time I suppose.

As for adding older, more experienced players do you mean players like Stepan, Hjalmarrsson, and Demers? Done.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That contract does not make Pacioretty more valuable. If you are willing to pay him 8 million per year, after coming off a 37 point season at 30 years old, you sign him for free as an FA. Even if he turns back into a 30/30 guy, I don't see teams outbidding you at 8 million. That's absolutely nuts to offer him that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad