Proposal: Pacioretty to Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
don't realy like it from Montreal's point of view either... as much as we need LHD, Juulsen as a RHD is much needed and will likely replace petry sooner than you think. my guess is we trade petry this TDL or the one after depending on how Juulsen plays. He can be a solid two-way top 4 that does nothing fancy but everything effectively. we got fleury and brooks who i think could end up steals but they are way further in developpement than Juulsen. i wouldn't give up on juulsen after i see 2 full NHL season. RHD is the second hardest position to fill.

edit: i don't blame arizona for wanting to hold into Chychrun, Pacioretty would be a nice addition to arizona but he's not a priority for them. i see pacioretty fit contenders only. he's like a last addition to give you amazing scoring depth.

Reactions: BLNY

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
I dont see any team that will most likely be out of the playoffs trading young talent for an older player like him

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Don’t like this for the Habs,

IMO Max should return a first and good prospect (without resigning).

The difference between Juulsen and Chychrun isn’t a first and a prospect.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Makes no sense for Arizona. A budget team isn't paying an almost 30 year old 8m for the next 6 years. Or any team for that matter. Chychrun is well on his way to becoming a top pair stud while Juulsen will be a #3-4 of he hits his full upside.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Don’t like this for the Habs,

IMO Max should return a first and good prospect (without resigning).

The difference between Juulsen and Chychrun isn’t a first and a prospect.

Chychrun is a lot better than Juulsen.
Juulsen had an ok stint in the AHL, but up until that he hadn't come close to living up to the first rd pick hype.
took a massive step back in everett after being drafted (52 to 28pts) and did absolutely nothing in the playoffs his entire WHL career (0g/5a in 25games)

if the habs had a chance to land chychrun (they wont) they would jump all over it

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Chychrun is already a top 4, 20 min/night guy at 20 years old.

not a chance does a year of patches + a B prospect land him.

(or the right to pay patches 8 mil per + B prospect)

yikes. bad for yotes. dont make the same mistakes the habs did cough* Drouin

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
While I think Chychrun is a bit too much to give up, I do think Patches to Arizona makes sense.

I've said it before, they need a vet scoring winger. They went after the big fish UFA wingers, but caught only Grabner. So a trade with Montreal might work.

How interested would the Habs be in guys like Perlini or Crouse?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Arizona could simply increase Brandon Perlini's ice time and would likely get similar production at a fraction of the cost without having to give up a young top four defenseman.

Reactions: NORiculous

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Its a lot more than that

A) this trade assumes he would re-sign in Arizona , he won’t, but this increases his value if it’s a sign and trade
B) aside from being slightly younger, right handed and with two good knees - Juulsen has a lot of potential and he’s not the thrown in you may think he is

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
While I think Chychrun is a bit too much to give up, I do think Patches to Arizona makes sense.

I've said it before, they need a vet scoring winger. They went after the big fish UFA wingers, but caught only Grabner. So a trade with Montreal might work.

How interested would the Habs be in guys like Perlini or Crouse?
Those guys alone wouldn't move the needle. Dvorak or Strome and its a different story.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
on top of that pacioretty choses where he goes next year, so any team who trades for him talks about an extension before! I realy don't see him signing in Arizona...

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
As a habs fan 8m for 6 yrs is over paid, the big question is... Can he become a 30 goal scorer again? If he does it would be more like 6x6 or 7x6yrs no way we would get Chychrun.. He is a good defensive defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad