Pacioretty out for the season

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
How classles is making fun of Iraq?

Bergevin is just a fine meme on his own.
How classless? I'd say none at all, cos he's not making fun of Iraq, he's making fun of the old Iraq Information Minister.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
... for the season. Think he's played his last game in Montreal?

Has Pacioretty played his last game for the Canadiens?

The year long rumors is reminding me of the Matt Duchene situation in Colorado, and the Avs ended up being better off once that distraction was removed.

Think the Habs will go through a similar process as the Avs?

No sadly. Habs don't have a MacKinnon waiting to explode. They don't even have a Rantanen. They don't have a dynamic offensive D like Barrie driving the offense etc. Their only hope is that Carey goes completely mental and they win the lottery. Plus, for all the heat he took Joe killed it with the Duchene deal, and quite frankly I don't trust BargainBin to do so.

And last but not least, the amount of flack Max gets is absurd. Guy's the only consistent offensive producer on the club and is stuck playing with 3rd rate centers, but somehow he is the reason they are bad?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Someone photoshop Marc Bergevin's head onto the Iraqi minister of misinformation.
07-minister.jpg

Here's an old one that was created (not by me).

View media item 1489

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Would suck for him to finish his last game in Montreal with an injury. Like pk 2 seasons ago. I also think the habs will have a better record with him out than in the lineup. He was a distraction and now that's he's not there the guys can play freely.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
This is Montreal so they will trade him straight up for an older, more expensive player on the downside of his career, thus skyrocketing another teams cup trajectory.

P.S. As a Blues fan, I blame the Habs for Nashville, it's all your fault.

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
Pacioretty raised more than a few eyebrows in November 2010 when he said his development would be better served with first-line, full-time minutes in the AHL, than part-time with the Canadiens....

This comment was showing a lot at the time about his priorities,
the team or Mr. Pacioretty and this was a long time before the contest between him and Subban for the "C".

He changed drastically after some concussion's like if he was protecting himself against anything that would have risked his future in the NHL.

Reactions: De Montreal
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Pacioretty raised more than a few eyebrows in November 2010 when he said his development would be better served with first-line, full-time minutes in the AHL, than part-time with the Canadiens....

This comment was showing a lot at the time about his priorities,
the team or Mr. Pacioretty and this was a long time before the contest between him and Subban for the "C".

He changed drastically after some concussion's like if he was protecting himself against anything that would have risked his future in the NHL.

But not that also that, he also stopped forechecking and being physical along the board after he got a second suspension in a short lapse of time. I believe he's going the Dany Heatley route and his production will drop fast.

Reactions: bluetib

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
No sadly. Habs don't have a MacKinnon waiting to explode. They don't even have a Rantanen. They don't have a dynamic offensive D like Barrie driving the offense etc. Their only hope is that Carey goes completely mental and they win the lottery. Plus, for all the heat he took Joe killed it with the Duchene deal, and quite frankly I don't trust BargainBin to do so.

And last but not least, the amount of flack Max gets is absurd. Guy's the only consistent offensive producer on the club and is stuck playing with 3rd rate centers, but somehow he is the reason they are bad?

There is too much truth in this post.

But hey, since I am not a fan of Habs I do like the way they see their players. Trade the good assets for lesser quality ones.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
To all the folks that cry about Edmonton....THIS is what tanking looks like.

by the grace of the hockey Gods, all of Montreal's good players just happen to get major injuries within a week....

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
To all the folks that cry about Edmonton....THIS is what tanking looks like.

by the grace of the hockey Gods, all of Montreal's good players just happen to get major injuries within a week....

67 was legit, he kinda fell weird. Weber is clearly legit, Price it is rumored has been dealing with something for a while now and now the guy everyone thought would be driving the tank, niemi, is out. The last one is kinda fishy but he wasn't likely considered a "good player" for montreal.

But rest assured, the management will remind everyone at every possible chance how close we are to the WC spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad