Pacioretty out for the season

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Well it happened just this year with Turris. Maybe it would be more considered a trade and sign rather than sign and trade. Either way the extension was simulataneous to the trade which is what made the deal happen.
that was a trade and sign, not a sign and trade. got corrected myself on that one earlier this season

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Will be interesting to see if he will sign this summer for a guaranteed contract or if he will try to max his value and take the risk depending on how he plays next season.
What kind of money/term do you give him this summer? After this season (been bad and had injury trouble) and him beeing almost 31 when the 2019/2020 season starts which is when his new contract will kick in?

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No it didn't. Turris was traded before he signed a deal with Nashville. Poile drew up that contract. There is no "maybe" about it; Turris was traded and then signed.
Was Poile allowed to talk contracts with Turris before the trade happened? If so, it's the same thing.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Was Poile allowed to talk contracts with Turris before the trade happened? If so, it's the same thing.

I have no idea. I'd imagine he had at least some inkling that Turris was open to extending. In my mind, a "sign-and-trade" is a GM extending a player to increase their value before turning around and trading them, not a GM speaking with an agent and hearing the player is interested in signing. It's neither here nor there, though. Montreal isn't going to get a bigger haul for him if they extend him and then try to trade him during the offseason. They'd be better off looking for teams Patches would be willing to extend with, and then working from there (like Ottawa did with Turris and Nashville).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I have no idea. I'd imagine he had at least some inkling that Turris was open to extending. In my mind, a "sign-and-trade" is a GM extending a player to increase their value before turning around and trading them, not a GM speaking with an agent and hearing the player is interested in signing. It's neither here nor there, though. Montreal isn't going to get a bigger haul for him if they extend him and then try to trade him during the offseason. They'd be better off looking for teams Patches would be willing to extend with, and then working from there (like Ottawa did with Turris and Nashville).
In "sign-and-trade" deals, the player signing the contract knows where he is being traded before he signs. Montreal could definitely improve Pacioretty's value if they were able to extend him on a good deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So the Habs were trying to sell damaged goods at the TDL, or has this injury happened since?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
his awful season sure doesn't help his trade value

i'd be shocked if he's still on the habs come next season

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You need to think before you type. A player that is hurt right and may not be 100% when he returns is going to see his trade value increased?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: Montreal Shadow

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Injury happened during Friday's game against the NYI so after the deadline passed.
OK, thanks. If he heals up, then it shouldn't affect his value much. If anything, this helps the tank. Shame that he is being shit on by some, but that's what happens when you lose in a market where they have high expectations and a history of success.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
OK, thanks. If he heals up, then it shouldn't affect his value much. If anything, this helps the tank. Shame that he is being **** on by some, but that's what happens when you lose in a market where they have high expectations and a history of success.

-Odds of the Habs finishing last in the Atlantic?

-7 home games left, 4 games against the Pens and just about every game left on their schedule is against a potential playoff team.

-Full blown tank about to happen to get a Top 2 pick in the league.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
OK, thanks. If he heals up, then it shouldn't affect his value much. If anything, this helps the tank. Shame that he is being **** on by some, but that's what happens when you lose in a market where they have high expectations and a history of success.

IMO the reason he's getting so much crap is for his lack of effort and him looking like he didn't give a crap for far too many nights. This guy looks like he checked out for the most part this season and him being the captain and the supposed leader it didn't sit well especially with many Habs fans. For sure it's amplified due to the market he plays in but a lot of the criticism was deserved IMO but he's far from being alone and there's lots to go around.

I have no idea what his value is or will be around the draft but I think he's checked out playing for the Habs and a change of scenery will be very good for him. IMO his time is up with the Habs and it's best for both parties if he gets moved this off season. Should be interesting to see what the Habs can get in return for this player but with Marc Bergevin still pretending to be a NHL GM I'm not expecting much.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
i saw a pacioretty interview last week and he said something like "listen I take full responsibility for what has happened this season but I'm sorry guys I cannot take all the blame". he is right but I knew the media would jump on him for passing some of the blame. It's not his fault Molson hired a bunch of CHUCKLEHEADS to run the team into the ground.

Well actually a lot of people including the media were impressed by what he said. It went from "oh we don't want him anymore, he's a lazy jerk" to "you know we were wrong, we like Max again".

However, there's this thing:

Hell of a tank move Habs. Nicely done.

They play better without him. I'm not kidding they have played better without Price and Max. The kids are really coming on their own.

Which sucks tank-wise.

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Hopefully we trade him at the draft for another pick in the top 15. That or sign and trade july first for a bigger haul.

Bergevin wants to be competitive as fast as possible so it’s doubtful he’s moved only for futures.
Lmao no. No team in the top 15 is trading their pick for Pac.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00