News Article: Pacioretty: "Everyone has a shelf life" in Montreal

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
You all are gonna hate me for this comment and rightly so.
When I was a kid, maybe a early teen.
It was Darryl Sittler's last game for the Leafs.
As he skated around I believe before the game actually started. They played this cheesy song Will You Remember Me.

Anyway, Darryl looked sad, and as the song played I remember tears running down my cheeks. Lol
I was wiping them off thinking WTF!
I hate the Leafs!

But still, it was a touching moment and it got to me.
I wish we got to do something like that for Markov.
As you all can tell, it was 35+ years ago, and I still remember it.
So yeah, Darryl. I remember you.

Carry on, and sorry everyone. Lol

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
The guy simply didn't have what it takes between the ears to play here and was the worst possible choice to wear the C. It certainly looks like he's still salty about how it ended more than 3 years later,sucks for him.

I blame Bergevin for a lot of things, trading Patio-Ready ain't one of them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
“Everyone told me it: ex-players, current players, fans, everyone said: everyone has a shelf life here. [People told me to] enjoy [Montreal] while you’re here, but make sure that you don’t let it affect you too much because everyone seems to go out in a not-so-positive way.”
"Everyone has a shelf life there": Pacioretty opens up about Canadiens exit | Offside

He and Cammalleri are two players that did not like being booed. In their final seasons, both weren't producing and were booed. They could not stand it.

To be honest, they gave such good service that they shouldn't have been booed. They're both scorers that need someone to get them the puck, and it was management's fault for the weak center position.

Having said that, no Max, not everyone leaves on a bad note.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I dont know, the red wings dont really have this problem from what i have seen. But that market has 3 other sports teams and hockey is largely ignored. Lions have been bad forever so it always distracts from when the wings are bad

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Something something Captain Invisible :dunno:

CyvC-91W8AAWD0y.png

#Casperetty

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
It's not necessarily true but it was his experience and true of quite a few guys in "his" era. It didn't sound salty or overly pointed to me, especially hearing other parts of the interview. Who cares? People are so sensitive about this guy, he was very productive on a good contract, was out of his depth as captain and got traded for a *great* return. I'll take that every time. Too bad Bergevin didn't learn his lesson on a few other guys he was way too loyal to.

Reactions: zeeto

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
"everyone has a shelf life in <city>" seems true of any NHL city, it's a business after all

"everyone eventually leaves on bad terms" is a different claim altogether ...
Head coach Gerald Gallant was twice unceremoniously kicked to the curb. Talk about shelf life!

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Nothing wrong with what Max said, he is right.
Mtl can be a great place to play but it can also be very toxic. No fan base turns on its own more often or worse than MTL fans.
At least Habs fans are realistic unlike Leafs fans who are eternal optimists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad