Proposal: P.K. Subban

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Maybe Skinner in UFA? I really don't want to lose a guy like Voracek but I think it is inevitable that someone we all love is going bye-bye.
I think many fans in general are too infatuated with players. If we can replace a player on this team with someone better or someone who's a better fit, no player should be off limits.

Reactions: Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We should try Ghost at LW first.

4LW, to be precise. That way his giveaways won't hurt us too much.

Giroux-Couturier-Konency
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
JVR-Laughton-Hartman
Ghost-Knight-Raffl
Bailey

Provorov-Sanheim
Hagg-Myers
Morin-MacDonald

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
"I want to trade our players for better players" is an A+ strategy.

Why doesn't every team do it? Beats me.

Even the Carolina/Calgary trade last year. They both finally made the playoffs this year so the perception is probably a good trade for both teams that worked out

I think Hamilton is the best & most consistent player in the deal. Lindholm is having a career year while Hanifin is a top four defender but a flawed one not much different Provorov really when it comes to net impact. All of them are young or youngish so you’re theoretically getting their best seasons of their career’s here moving forward.

The trade might end up (if Ferland walks along with Fox) a top pairing defender for a top six forward & top four defender. That’s probably a best case scenario of these type of shake up deals & could the Flyers really be able to part with those pieces?

Carolina had/has a lot of depth upfront & on the backend. They just didn’t have a lot of higher end players. They also went on to steal Niederreiter for a spare part in Rask later on which helped.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Even the Carolina/Calgary trade last year. They both finally made the playoffs this year so the perception is probably a good trade for both teams that worked out

I think Hamilton is the best & most consistent player in the deal. Lindholm is having a career year while Hanifin is a top four defender but a flawed one not much different Provorov really when it comes to net impact. All of them are young or youngish so you’re theoretically getting their best seasons of their career’s here moving forward.

The trade might end up (if Ferland walks along with Fox) a top pairing defender for a top six forward & top four defender. That’s probably a best case scenario of these type of shake up deals & could the Flyers really be able to part with those pieces?

Carolina had/has a lot of depth upfront & on the backend. They just didn’t have a lot of higher end players. They also went on to steal Niederreiter for a spare part in Rask later on which helped.

Everyone is so deathly afraid of losing a deal that no hypothetical is palatable enough.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's true, however I think Fletcher will make one major deal to shake things up, and I think you will hate it.

Highly possible, especially since it will likely involve Ghost or Voracek.

That being said, if the value is there, I am not beholden to any of these guys.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Everyone is so deathly afraid of losing a deal that no hypothetical is palatable enough.

It’s not being against trading in general. Voracek & Gostisbehere are often the guys named for these type of shake up moves. The odds just aren’t in our favor of finding someone better than those two in a deal. It’s way more likely we end up taking a bath or pushing.

It’s no different than Subban. If Nashville is trying to offload him & his sizable contract for injury/personality issues teams are going to be circling looking for bargain. They’re not going to take most of that contract on & give you some high end assets back in return on top of it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It’s not being against trading in general. Voracek & Gostisbehere are often the guys named for these type of shake up moves. The odds just aren’t in our favor of finding someone better than those two in a deal. It’s way more likely we end up taking a bath or pushing.

It’s no different than Subban. If Nashville is trying to offload him & his sizable contract for injury/personality issues teams are going to be circling looking for bargain. They’re not going to take most of that contract on & give you some high end assets back in return on top of it.

I think they should absolutely give them a new coach first and if the season is still dissapointing, consider a move next summer. This summer should be about adding a coach and ADDING to the already existing talent, not swapping talent for talent. I won't be completely against a trade if the value is there, but i'd rather just add some good players and see what happens. A "shake up" deal is not necessary or fair to the players that have been poorly coached for years.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Highly possible, especially since it will likely involve Ghost or Voracek.

That being said, if the value is there, I am not beholden to any of these guys.

i'd be ok with Voracek depending on the return. Ghost i'm a little more nervous about because i think we need to be adding to the D and not subtracting from it.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Kessel got moved twice.

To invoke other names that have appeared here recently, so did Hamilton and Ryan O’Reilly, right? And O’Reilly was a pain in the ass for the Avs in all negotiations, plus he once drunkenly crashed a vintage truck into a Tim Horton’s. No enduring reputation for being a bad personality, though. Wonder why.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think Fletcher is looking to "win" a deal, rather, he's looking to reshape the roster so it works better as a whole.

If he thinks a defensive oriented RHD like Spurgeon could stabilize the defense, he doesn't have to get equivalent value if Spurgeon's presence helps Provorov, Sanheim and Myers develop.

If he thinks the forwards aren't defensively responsible and are too inconsistent, Voracek and TK are the worst defensive forwards in the top 6, followed by JVR. Laugthon was inconsistent at ES, Hartman was erratic in the bottom six, and Varone and Knight lack talent.

I think he'll hire the coach, then they'll decide who fits their vision going foward, and that will drive any trades.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
To invoke other names that have appeared here recently, so did Hamilton and Ryan O’Reilly, right? And O’Reilly was a pain in the ass for the Avs in all negotiations, plus he once drunkenly crashed a vintage truck into a Tim Horton’s. No enduring reputation for being a bad personality, though. Wonder why.
Must be the beard.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Gostisbehere should be shopped for a 2 way defense or in a big package. To just dump him is silly ( and I think he sucks). There are suckers, I mean teams, that would LOVE to have him (Edmonton?)
I mean.. gost does not suck and has plenty of value... We do need two way or better yet stay home... D that can play solid mistake free d and excellent on pk And a center would be nice.

New competent coaching staff is a must.

T
All this should of been done last year but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad