P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't understand this line of thinking.
How does signing your most promising Dman, who's proven capable of handling top pairing duties, to a longer term means others will just be able to roll over him?
It makes no sense at all.
Not to mention, signing PK to a longer deal, at a cheaper price, is actually better for the team.

You realize that this is just horrible development? Letting a 23yo kid sit on the sidelines for a full year just to prove a point?? Actually, it's not horrible, it's Pejorative Slured.

What kids? All the ones that aren't set to become better than PK?
And why do you want to draft Jones or Drouin or any of those guys?? When their ELC will be up, what makes you think they won't be where PK is today?
Also, if this PK-Management thing doesn't end well, it certainly won't help Bergevin's rep

You do realise that it's a two way street. This isn't Bergevin's decision alone. If PK is willing to stand by his decision and sit out a full year, that's on him as much as it's on Bergevin. In fact, I'd put more of the blame on PK than I would Bergy. If he lets PK roll him now that he's an RFA, there's no reason every RFA's agent goingforward won't try the same. If PK wants to lose an entire years salary and hinder his market value, that's his decision. It's not up to Bergy to cave to PK's demands and pay him more than he thinks he's worth. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

As for what kids, I can think of a few. Tinordi, Bealieu, Gally, Leblanc, Holland, Bournival to name a few.

If you think it's not worth drafting a high end pick because they might hold out, I can only assume you're being facetious. The ONLY RFA who's held out, that I can think of is PK. Patches, Price, Plecks, Gorges etc etc etc ALL signed bridge contracts and as a result were rewarded when they performed as expected. If PK thinks he's better than the past players and deserves to be treated differently, than again, that's his problem. I don't see how he's more special than Patches or Price but he seems to think he is in his mind. I don't see a reason why a future draft pick would pull what PK is pulling now. I can't see Galchenyuk pulling this.

I think PK has drank a bit too much of his own Koolaid and wnats to get paid for his brand rather than his play thus far.

Habtchum*

There was no CBA, didn't know what the cap would be set as, etc. They didn't negotiate during the lockout.

And they did not read the news everyday and had no communication with their respective reps/business partners at the negotiation table...

They knew darn well where these negotiations were leading. They should have diffrent scenarios all ready to talk when the new CBA was concluded, and be ready to sign something.

No excuses on both sides.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Those numbers better not be right. Holy crap. It usually takes me a lot longer to lose faith in management than this.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
You do realise that it's a two way street. This isn't Bergevin's decision alone. If PK is willing to stand by his decision and sit out a full year, that's on him as much as it's on Bergevin. In fact, I'd put more of the blame on PK than I would Bergy. If he lets PK roll him now that he's an RFA, there's no reason every RFA's agent goingforward won't try the same. If PK wants to lose an entire years salary and hinder his market value, that's his decision. It's not up to Bergy to cave to PK's demands and pay him more than he thinks he's worth. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

As for what kids, I can think of a few. Tinordi, Bealieu, Gally, Leblanc, Holland, Bournival to name a few.

If you think it's not worth drafting a high end pick because they might hold out, I can only assume you're being facetious. The ONLY RFA who's held out, that I can think of is PK. Patches, Price, Plecks, Gorges etc etc etc ALL signed bridge contracts and as a result were rewarded when they performed as expected. If PK thinks he's better than the past players and deserves to be treated differently, than again, that's his problem. I don't see how he's more special than Patches or Price but he seems to think he is in his mind. I don't see a reason why a future draft pick would pull what PK is pulling now. I can't see Galchenyuk pulling this.

I think PK has drank a bit too much of his own Koolaid and wnats to get paid for his brand rather than his play thus far.

There is the voice of reason

With a load of prospects set to join the team in the coming years, the last thing that I would want to do as Bergevin is to give in to PK and set a precedence for all the other agents.

Wether he's with it or not (will not argue that point) the truth is that he's an RFA.
Power lies in the hands of the club that hold his rights.
If anyone thinks that the Habs are more to blame than PK for not playing, give your head a shake as it is his name on the bottom of the contract that will get him on Bell centre ice again

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I doubt very much that he is asking for so low. He could make way more in a couple of years after a bridge contract.

IF the figure is right, and IF his attitude his questionable, just don't give him a no-trade clause.

Also agree, there is not way PK will accept 6 years 24M. If he would, he would be on the ice tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad