P.A Parenteau Discussion

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Parenteau has exceeded my expectations and since being combined with Bozak and JVR, his production has gone through the roof, this is like getting a free wallet and I think he should be re-signed to an additional 2-3 year contract in the 2.5-3 mill range.

Mine too. He strikes me though as a Player who needs to be on one year deals so he can constantly prove himself.

mikebel111*

Mine too. He strikes me though as a Player who needs to be on one year deals so he can constantly prove himself.

PAP is a pretty talented player. A lot of Habs fans are saying, it wasnt really PAP that was bad, it was really MT

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
there's players like this available for peanuts every year. our new management obviously knows how to find them without giving them multi year deals.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
PAP is a pretty talented player. A lot of Habs fans are saying, it wasnt really PAP that was bad, it was really MT

He seems to certainly have skill but I don't put much stock in fans impressions.

There must be a reason why he took the Leafs 1 year offer?

there's players like this available for peanuts every year. our new management obviously knows how to find them without giving them multi year deals.

Agree with that, dime a dozen these days.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
It really doesn't take much for fans to fall in love with a player. It's funny how people want a rebuilding club to hold onto an old asset and not take the picks over half a season of play.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Parenteau has exceeded my expectations and since being combined with Bozak and JVR, his production has gone through the roof, this is like getting a free wallet and I think he should be re-signed to an additional 2-3 year contract in the 2.5-3 mill range.

The picks we could get by trading Parenteau is far more important than extending a 33 year old middle 6 player who's simply having a good bounceback half season.

Parenteau is having a good year just like Raymond, Santorelli, Winnik (he was more valuable last season). All of those players came back to reality after a good bounceback year.

It would be a mistake to get attached to a player in his last years in the NHL like Parenteau. If he really wants to be a Leaf next season he can do so the Winnik route.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He seems to certainly have skill but I don't put much stock in fans impressions.

There must be a reason why he took the Leafs 1 year offer?

Agree with that, dime a dozen these days.

I would imagine because he knew he'd get a chance to play in the top six here with PP time. The Leafs have been pretty good lately for a one year deal to pump your value for the next season.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It really doesn't take much for fans to fall in love with a player. It's funny how people want a rebuilding club to hold onto an old asset and not take the picks over half a season of play.

I think it depends on the pick, if someone offered a first I don't think anyone here wouldn't be willing to drive him to the airport but I'd rather sign him short term for a good caphit then get a second or third round pick

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I would imagine because he knew he'd get a chance to play in the top six here with PP time. The Leafs have been pretty good lately for a one year deal to pump your value for the next season.

Yeah I get that but you'd think a player coming to the end of his career would be looking for as much security as possible.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Yeah I get that but you'd think a player coming to the end of his career would be looking for as much security as possible.

This offseason many NHL players that would have received contracts in past years did not.

Getting bought out, Parenteau did well.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
There's not doubt that P.A. is a skilled player. Funny to think it looked like this was his last year in the NHL.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
If he keeps this up, someone will sign him next year, and possibly for two years. Home run for this nice player. For his sake, hope he gets it.

He sort of looks like Sergei Berezin facially, and physically, and shoots like Sergei did, or even better, doesn't have the Sergei movement, but thankfully, can pass much better.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
if management is smart, u hope for a 2nd, if u get a 3rd...he gone...or better be gone

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I think it depends on the pick, if someone offered a first I don't think anyone here wouldn't be willing to drive him to the airport but I'd rather sign him short term for a good caphit then get a second or third round pick

Ill definitely take a 2nd round pick and repeat that as many times as we can.

We sign these bargain bin guys every year now and they end up being worth something... Even Oli Jokinen got a 6th.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I want to treat him like Winnik. Trade him at the deadline. In the offseason, offer him a slightly larger two year contract. If he wants to re-sign at 2.25x2, then I'd be happy to have him. But I'm not willing to give up a 2nd to get him on that kind of deal.

If Parenteau was on another team signed to that kind of deal right now, would you trade a 2nd for him? My guess is no. It's the exact same choice, PAP or a 2nd, just framed differently. People tend to value their own assets higher than the same assets owned by others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad