Rumor: Oz back to the KHL

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Oz was worse than Connor Carrick. Foot speed and hockey IQ glaring issues. Carrick has food speed, no hockey sense.

Roman Polak should have been re-signed and paired with Dermott.

Reactions: fahad203

Ruggle

Jan 21, 2019
I thought he was going to be a bit grittier/have a mean streak to him but that was not the case at all. Bye bye bring Zaistev with you lol

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I wouldn't mind having him back, with Hainsey likely leaving, and the possibility of moving Zaitsev out. That depth on the right-side is still really lacking, and I thought that he wasn't bad as a 6-7 defender, he just needed the strength of a guy like Dermott/Rosen on his left.

But at the same time he's not an exceptional, impact player, and should be easily replaceable as a depth defender. Having a guy who already knows the system is great, but he certainly didn't have a great season.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don't know if he is a loss or not. You expect most players will improve their second year in the league but there is definitely a chance with an older guy that he doesn't show that growth. If this is all he has got then I am hoping that Hainsey is back as a 3rd pair RD next season and they add a legitimate top 4 righty. Oz could fill a #7 role fine but they might be better off using that space to work Rosen or Sandin or maybe finding someone who can be more of a physical force in the spare role.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't know if he is a loss or not. You expect most players will improve their second year in the league but there is definitely a chance with an older guy that he doesn't show that growth. If this is all he has got then I am hoping that Hainsey is back as a 3rd pair RD next season and they add a legitimate top 4 righty. Oz could fill a #7 role fine but they might be better off using that space to work Rosen or Sandin or maybe finding someone who can be more of a physical force in the spare role.

They'll probably just use Holl again. Super cheap, doesn't need to play a whole lot.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
If he had of thrown one hit then maybe he'd have been worthwhile. I think that was the most disappointing aspect to Oz's game. He was touted as someone that could play with an edge but never really showed that at all. He was too soft to make his play effective. I rather have had Borgman

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I would have preferred him paired with Dermott in the playoffs over an injured Gardiner. That being said, we need to do better if we hope to take the next step.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Good player as a 6/7. Will want a raise and we can’t afford it, probably makes more in the K

Actually thought he was poised and moved the puck well.

Not a huge loss tho, bunch of Marlies ready to come up

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have heard same things Oz is done here. Apparently we have not even reached out to him. He will likely sign back in KHL. but small chance another team will try to sign him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d like to keep Ozhiganov as a depth guy.

I’d much rather him as our 4RD than Justin Holl.

That said, he’s not a guy we need to give over 1M just to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad