Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I’ve stopped replying, I said something once about a player and there was a threat of violence, not worth it.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
right, give us the short version, lol
I can’t show you something that doesn’t exist anymore. If you think I’m lying I can’t control that, most on here know my posting over the past 5/6 years, I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with anyone. I’m not one for hyperbole or making things up.

Life is too short, move on. We don’t agree, it is what it is

Last edited:

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I can’t show you something that doesn’t exist anymore. If you think I’m lying I can’t control that, most on here know my posting over the past 5/6 years, I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with anyone. I’m not one for hyperbole or making things up.

Life is too short, move on. We don’t agree, it is what it is
I think it was when you slammed Stewart saying he would be playing on some Jr A team next year. I then replied maybe you should go down after a game and tell him that. Extreme violence. Have a good summer

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I mean Stewart will be in jr a next year? why is that a dramatic statement
There he is, super scout,
What gems have you got for your "team" this year?
He may or may not be.
If you are ever in Kingston, give me a shout

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He may or may not be.

He's had 4 seasons and two different teams to prove he's more than a fourth line banger. Which team is going to a) burn an OA card on him, and b) take away a fourth line development spot from their youth, to play him?

He would probably make a much bigger contribution to a junior A team that doesn't have an OA cap. Suggesting he will be playing junior A is not an attack on the player, it's just recognizing the situation for what it is.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He's had 4 seasons and two different teams to prove he's more than a fourth line banger. Which team is going to a) burn an OA card on him, and b) take away a fourth line development spot from their youth, to play him?

He would probably make a much bigger contribution to a junior A team that doesn't have an OA cap. Suggesting he will be playing junior A is not an attack on the player, it's just recognizing the situation for what it is.
society has lost it’s ability to respectfully disagree and be cordial about it. someone’s opinion on a player should t result in attacks or arrows,

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

3 seasons and I didn't say it was an attck, just like you, I have a different opinion. Opinion, that's all. Hopefully he can get to a NHL main camp again . Good luck to all

society has lost it’s ability to respectfully disagree and be cordial about it. someone’s opinion on a player should t result in attacks or arrows,
No attacks, respectful isn't a word I'd use to describe your opinions on many people on this site. Regardless, good luck to "your tem"

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Thank you

+1

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Attack aquire Londons 2nd rd pick this year for a 2nd and 4th.
I believe that works out to pick #42 if I'm not mistaken. Maybe a little later in the draft than I was hoping for but nice to get into the 2nd round. Price is about what I was anticipating.

Should have the Attack now at #7, #42, #51 and #62 in the first three rounds come Friday.

Credit where it's due. I think everybody new they needed to find a way into the 2nd round and they made it happen. Holding the 2025 2nd rounder is a nice piece of business too.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
If there doesn't end up being any other alterations the draft selections should look something like this.

Round (Pick No.)

1st (7)
2nd (42) LDN - From OSH Pick Swap
3rd (50) GUE - From GUE as part of Markus Phillips
3rd (62) LDN - From KGN as part of Cal Uens
4th (69)
5th (89)
6th (103) WSR - From WSR as part of Andrew Perrott
7th (129)
8th (149)
8th (153) OTT - From OTT as part of Kaleb Lawrence
9th (169)
10th (189)
11th (209)
13th (249)
14th (269)
15th (289)

Keeping in mind that this isn't 100% accurate for selection numbers until locked in on draft night. There's still a lot that could change until Friday night. Pending any further trades that may come down the pipe before draft night Friday. Either way I can't see any bigger movement then today's deal to fill a much needed 2nd from the Generals. That now gives DD 16 selections in 15 rounds.

For anyone asking about what happened to picks missing to the best of my knowledge.

2nd - (Swapped for 3rd that turned into Carter George)
3rd - (Swapped for 2nd that turned into Gavin Bryant & Traded for Declan Waddick)
6th - (Part of the Matthew Struthers trade in his OA season)
12th - (Part of the William Portokalis trade)

Unless, there ends up being any other pick movement before Friday thats what DD has to play with for the 2024 Priority Draft.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
The conversation has clearly moved to Friday's OHL draft. Just curious if anybody has a favorite or an opinion on who the Attack take at #7? In reading the mocks and draft chatter around the boards it seems to be forward heavy at the top end of the draft where Owen Sound picks and given our grads at forward this season it makes sense to grad a forward in my opinion. I'm thinking they go with a forward with 3 of the 4 picks on Friday night, using the other on a D. Goaltending is already solidified with George and Koprowski so they can take a goalie on day 2 of the draft.

My personal favorite based on what I've read and player fit with how DeGray likes to draft is Parker Vaughan. Listed at 6'1" and 175lbs. Considers himself a power forward. It would fit with the way they drafted the 2007 class in the early rounds. Also wears the captain "C" on his jersey. Looks like a good fit to me.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I believe that works out to pick #42 if I'm not mistaken. Maybe a little later in the draft than I was hoping for but nice to get into the 2nd round. Price is about what I was anticipating.

Should have the Attack now at #7, #42, #51 and #62 in the first three rounds come Friday.

Credit where it's due. I think everybody new they needed to find a way into the 2nd round and they made it happen. Holding the 2025 2nd rounder is a nice piece of business too.
It's a late wnd, early 3rd most other years
There wasn't a lot of teams holding multiple 2nds, so yes a decent move.
We should get a marquee guy at 7
The conversation has clearly moved to Friday's OHL draft. Just curious if anybody has a favorite or an opinion on who the Attack take at #7? In reading the mocks and draft chatter around the boards it seems to be forward heavy at the top end of the draft where Owen Sound picks and given our grads at forward this season it makes sense to grad a forward in my opinion. I'm thinking they go with a forward with 3 of the 4 picks on Friday night, using the other on a D. Goaltending is already solidified with George and Koprowski so they can take a goalie on day 2 of the draft.

My personal favorite based on what I've read and player fit with how DeGray likes to draft is Parker Vaughan. Listed at 6'1" and 175lbs. Considers himself a power forward. It would fit with the way they drafted the 2007 class in the early rounds. Also wears the captain "C" on his jersey. Looks like a good fit to me.
The 7 pick should yield a franchise type player.

Reactions: Stellar29

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
It's a late wnd, early 3rd most other years
There wasn't a lot of teams holding multiple 2nds, so yes a decent move.
We should get a marquee guy at 7

The 7 pick should yield a franchise type player.
I don't think it's so much about not a lot of teams holding multiple 2nds vs the teams with multiple 2nds having early 2nd round picks that would have come with likely too steep a price. Those picks would have been top 30 picks vs #42 coming from London in the Oshawa trade. I think you're right, it's likely more of a 3rd rounder in value vs that of a true 2nd rounder. Still, at the end of the day, they have 4 picks on Friday which is mission accomplished in my mind. #7 is the key piece Friday and should get opportunity next year to earn/play a meaningful role off the bat based on so many key grads off the Attack roster. Really important to hit at #7. Pick #42, #51 and #62 are a little removed from the top end pieces so can't afford to miss at #7 in my opinion. Getting quality 16 year old adds with the later picks is a bonus. Development of those pieces is the big thing for me.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
One of the D rated around the late 2nd to 3rd round is Noah Barton. Listed at 6'2" and 181lbs. Late October birthday. Right shot D. Would need a better understanding of the high PIMS totals but the stat line at face value is something that DeGray has had interest in before.

1712625716375.png

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Another name to keep an eye on with local ties is F Ryan Cranny from Owen Sound. Plays for the Grey Bruce Highlanders. I've seen him ranked around the end of the 3rd round. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Reactions: Millpond

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
I don't think it's so much about not a lot of teams holding multiple 2nds vs the teams with multiple 2nds having early 2nd round picks that would have come with likely too steep a price. Those picks would have been top 30 picks vs #42 coming from London in the Oshawa trade. I think you're right, it's likely more of a 3rd rounder in value vs that of a true 2nd rounder. Still, at the end of the day, they have 4 picks on Friday which is mission accomplished in my mind. #7 is the key piece Friday and should get opportunity next year to earn/play a meaningful role off the bat based on so many key grads off the Attack roster. Really important to hit at #7. Pick #42, #51 and #62 are a little removed from the top end pieces so can't afford to miss at #7 in my opinion. Getting quality 16 year old adds with the later picks is a bonus. Development of those pieces is the big thing for me.
Development of those pieces is the big thing for me. Thats a key statement. We need a coach that can develop the kids instead of having them sit in the stands most of the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad