Owen Sound Attack 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Quick post here.. Will try to comment on the lineup later.. But honestly, Lindo has shown me nothing to think he's going to be more than a 3rd line grinder... I hope he proves me wrong this season but up until now I really haven't seen anything to make me think he's going to bust out.

DD has mentioned an US "free agent" he's chasing.. Is that Gates? Is he a free agent?

OK time to jump on a plane.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
It would depend on whether the Attack had still kept him on their protected list. Sometimes you drop a guy if you need space to put another guy on.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Josh Sterk has tweeted his excitement to join his new team. So fair to say he will be in an OS uniform next year. I am glad to see that.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And the GM of the Attack stated he wasn't sure where Ireland is headed. Is the communication really that bad?

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
No DD said it can't be announced until Monday so that the team he is going to can make the announcement.

Wish Ireland could have got this job earlier and we had the opportunity to promote Drew.

This season just got very interesting.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Greg Ireland moves on to German pro team

Adler-Mannheim (Mannheim Eagles)

I've been to a game in Mannheim it's a rocking time. Never seen fans so passionate. One end of the rink is full of fans/drummers and they don't sit down the whole game.

This is one of the top teams in Europe.

Interview with GI

http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/news_item.php?NewsID=76539

Can't blame him for taking that opportunity... Adler Mannheim is one of the top clubs in Europe absolutely.

As for us still left in Attackland, some really, really, uncertain times. This could be the end of an era with a whole new coaching staff, but then again, as long as they keep with the organizational culture, might it be a good thing?

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
The thing with the starting lineup is that the Attack have the quantity not the quality.. trades need to be made as they lack top 6 players and a top 2 defense. with that said this is how my starting line up would look

Flinn / McNiven

D: Schemitsch Centorame
Sharipzyanov MacArthur
Meyer Phillips
Walters Friend (odd men out)

F: Palmu Sterk Szypula (be nice if Platzer got sent back but I don't think that will hapen)
Gadjovich Gilligan Gates (I think DD will get him to report)
Hancock Suzuki Dunda
Lindo/Reynolds Brack Busch

from interviews DD is working on getting players, so this is my opinion a lot of players that show flashes but not enough consistency from over 3/4 of them

After missing last season with an injury, will Hargrave be back this season?

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
This might be a little random, but you guys seem to forget about Cayse Ton, which is understandable because of the distance between New Liskeard and Owen Sound. Although Ton was picked in the late rounds of the draft, he has a chance to become an OHL regular and maybe even a chance to get drafted into the NHL. He may be small, but his competitive spirit makes up for his small stature. He is constantly chirping, hitting and generally being a pest. In one game, Ton once drew 3 or 4 penalties because he was frustrating the other team with both his game and his mouth. Watch out for this guy, he will become a good one.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
This might be a little random, but you guys seem to forget about Cayse Ton, which is understandable because of the distance between New Liskeard and Owen Sound. Although Ton was picked in the late rounds of the draft, he has a chance to become an OHL regular and maybe even a chance to get drafted into the NHL. He may be small, but his competitive spirit makes up for his small stature. He is constantly chirping, hitting and generally being a pest. In one game, Ton once drew 3 or 4 penalties because he was frustrating the other team with both his game and his mouth. Watch out for this guy, he will become a good one.

Thanks for the insight. I don't think we forget because of distance but fans typically focus in on the first few draft picks. He sounds like another Andrew Shaw and the type of player that OS fans enjoy to watch.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What you guys like Finnish winger prospect Petrus Palmu.
He plays your team, and would be nice to hear some news how he doing there.

Palmu didn't get picked this years NHL draft, but what you guys think can he be NHL player someday?.
I know that his small size, might be only reason to make his dreams to play in NHL only a dream what never came true.

But his skills are very good, and he's fast skater for that size player.
Does Owen sound attack have own youtube channel, would be nice to see highlights videos for Owens CHL games and of course some higlights Petrus too.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg

Palmu didn't get picked this years NHL draft, but what you guys think can he be NHL player someday?.
I know that his small size, might be only reason to make his dreams to play in NHL only a dream what never came true.

Does Owen sound attack have own youtube channel, would be nice to see highlights videos for Owens CHL games and of course some higlights Petrus too.

IMHO the draft does not matter, Petrus had an excellent rookie year with the Attack and is a complete 200ft player that is not afraid to mix it up in the corners and along the wall with an ability to score.

He will probably get a shot at NHL camp despite his size, he is very noticeable whenever he is on the ice and could be another Andrew Shaw(without the fists).

http://www.attackhockey.com/

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
narrowed down to 5 coaches, should see a coach be named this week hopefully. any ideas on who it could be? haven't heard any rumours about who even applied

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

Palmu is a treat to watch. He was voted fan favorite last year. Fast, quick hands and tough to move off the puck. Doesn't mind mixing it up in the corners.

The OHL site has highlights of almost every game. www.ontariohockeyleague.com

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

Speaking of Cayse Ton he was the feature on Futures Friday last week. Watch it here.

http://attackhockey.com/video/59863

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
2 candidates currently have coaching jobs, which I am assuming that they are currently assistants of a team. any rumours of who applied / the candidates are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad