Owen Sound Attack 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Pleased to report that Zack Nastasiuk played last night for Grand Rapids. Good to see him back after that nasty hit.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Mike: As you know Grand Rapids were eliminated but there will be a former Attack player lifting the Calder Cup. Paul Bissonette vs. Bobby Sanguinetti.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Mike: As you know Grand Rapids were eliminated but there will be a former Attack player lifting the Calder Cup. Paul Bissonette vs. Bobby Sanguinetti.

Hey Duke Guy. I was missing you there. How's the off-season going? Former Attack coach Mike Stothers is also in the mix. Cheers, Mike

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Hey Mike, Coach Stothers gets the ring and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on some more short lists for NHL jobs.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Shocked that dunda was picked, spends more time laying on the ice then skating, I hope for better things this season, and I hope for some offseason trades for guys who can score

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
The Dunda pick was heavily influenced by former Attack scout and now St. Louis scout Ian MacLellan. They see a raw talent.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2015/06/28/schemitsch-hits-the-ice-Monday-with-the-panthers

I didn't see him laying on the ice much this year but I didn't see much to say he's an NHL pick. but I am not a scout. I do remember some speedy flashes down the wing and if he can become a force in front of the net he could develop.

I would think a trade for a vet forward with scoring ability will come..

plowman

Nov 24, 2014
Great for Dunda, Listening to G.M. Armstrong, said big strong,good skater and can fight. Don't think he was drafted for his goal scoring;)

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
I guess the Attack brass is pushing hard to get Ben Gates the play in the sound next season, and they have a pending trade for an overager that might be announced tomorrow

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I guess the Attack brass is pushing hard to get Ben Gates the play in the sound next season, and they have a pending trade for an overager that might be announced tomorrow

As a Ducks fan I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he winds up in Owen Sound. He doesn't strike me as a player who requires 4 years of physical development in college, plus I think his style fits Owen Sound to a tee.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Sun Times article reports

an OA deal is possible. Must be done by noon today then trade freeze comes into place until Aug. 1

Both Imports will be back. OS passing on Import Draft.

Attack Assistant Coach Drew Bannister is in the running for the vacant Soo head coaching job. GM is waiting until the outcome is known before hiring assistant(s).

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2015/06/29/degray-takes-the-chl-import-draft-off

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@GoLondonKnights: TRADE ALERT: Knights trade OA forward Josh Sterk to @AttackOHL in exchange for Owen Sound’s conditional 15th rd pick in 2016 #KnightsTalk

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
As you know the Attack have 2 assistant coaching positions open. One is full-time while the other is more of a part-time position. I'd like to see the team sit down with Jarrod Maidens and see if the latter position could be a good fit.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
don't see Maidens fitting a coaching role yet or even at all,what experience does he really have? besides the kid needs an education, let him go to school first and get an education

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I have to agree, I don't think Jarrod would be a good fit. Lacks the experience and from my limited views the personality to be a coach. Great kid, but quiet and reserved. I think his focus is education and moving forward in life beyond hockey.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
I have to agree, I don't think Jarrod would be a good fit. Lacks the experience and from my limited views the personality to be a coach. Great kid, but quiet and reserved. I think his focus is education and moving forward in life beyond hockey.

What do you think the starting lineups likely to look like (anyone)?

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
The thing with the starting lineup is that the Attack have the quantity not the quality.. trades need to be made as they lack top 6 players and a top 2 defense. with that said this is how my starting line up would look

Flinn / McNiven

D: Schemitsch Centorame
Sharipzyanov MacArthur
Meyer Phillips
Walters Friend (odd men out)

F: Palmu Sterk Szypula (be nice if Platzer got sent back but I don't think that will hapen)
Gadjovich Gilligan Gates (I think DD will get him to report)
Hancock Suzuki Dunda
Lindo/Reynolds Brack Busch

from interviews DD is working on getting players, so this is my opinion a lot of players that show flashes but not enough consistency from over 3/4 of them

Last edited:

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
The thing with the starting lineup is that the Attack have the quality not the quantity.. trades need to be made as they lack top 6 players and a top 2 defense. with that said this is how my starting line up would look

Flinn / McNiven

D: Schemitsch Centorame
Sharipzyanov MacArthur
Meyer Phillips
Walters Friend (odd men out)

F: Palmu Sterk Szypula (be nice if Platzer got sent back but I don't think that will hapen)
Gadjovich Gilligan Gates (I think DD will get him to report)
Hancock Suzuki Dunda
Lindo/Reynolds Brack Busch

from interviews DD is working on getting players, so this is my opinion a lot of players that show flashes but not enough consistency from over 3/4 of them

Has Lindo fallen so far that he's honestly a 4rth liner as a 20yo? Just asking for honest opinions.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
the issue with this team is that they have the same type of the players, which seem to be third and fourth line type players there is just too many players like Lindo and with his injuries in the past and didn't stand out last year I don't see him as a top 6 forward. With that said a lot can change over the summer and he may be the player that fans saw back in his first year where is was dominant as a rookie

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Lindo turns 20 in 6 months which means he still has 2 years of junior eligibility left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad