Player Discussion Owen Power, D (1st overall, 2021) Calder Finalist

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
I don't know whether it's already being feasted upon (I'm not on twitter), but that announcement scene was richly gif-able/meme-able

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
I'm guessing that's Power's Dad, Did he just grab his daughters boob on national tv by mistake??
Oh I didn't even catch that bit. I was thinking of the political event-like staging in Buffalo. The little kid on the left hardly changes expressions, while the guy over his left shoulder goes from 0 to 60 in about 1.6; the deeply satisfied look on Kevyn Adams' face... there's just something for everybody there

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I don't know where Bove got he's not thinking about returning back to college from that interview. I hate when journalists are too lazy to use the direct quote and change the meaning by paraphrasing. Harrington is especially bad at that. Here's what Power actually said:

“I think I can step in and play, so I don’t think the decision will be whether I’m ready to play. It’s whether or not it’s better for my development. At the end of the day, I don’t really think there’s a bad option. Like I said, it’s something we’ve got to figure out later.”

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Let the kid go back to school. Win an NCAA title and be dominant. He doesn't need to be part of the hunt for Shane Wrights.

We need to fight for the rights to Wrights.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't know where Bove got he's not thinking about returning back to college from that interview. I hate when journalists are too lazy to use the direct quote and change the meaning by paraphrasing. Harrington is especially bad at that. Here's what Power actually said:

“I think I can step in and play, so I don’t think the decision will be whether I’m ready to play. It’s whether or not it’s better for my development. At the end of the day, I don’t really think there’s a bad option. Like I said, it’s something we’ve got to figure out later.”

He did say in his interview right after being picked that he wasn't thinking about it right now, but it was in a "I'm just enjoying this moment, and I'm not thinking about where I'll play next year---that decision comes later" way, not a "I think I'll be in the NHL" way.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
With the NIL I image he goes back to school.

Being from Mississauga, there has to be plenty of opportunities for sabres/bills promotion in his home town

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
I'm happy we got Powah.

Now we just need some more bodies on the backend so Dahlin/Joki aren't Risto'd by the time Owen is ready to be our #2.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

He knows he’s signing an ELC now or at the end of his college season and burning a year of it by playing a few games. Elite Players from Canada should start really do the college route everytime

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Any chance 'Powers' is an autocorrect issue versus a human brain issue? I don't know, just throwing an idea out there.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Slept on it. Still really happy with this pick. Having legitimate defensive depth should be awesome.
It's the better way to do a rebuild by building from the back end out, its just drafting defensemen that early is not very exciting (at least for me).

Other than Dahlin who was 'Generational' tagged.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
POWER, not Powers. Get it right now people. Don't annoy posters for years because you can't recognize a name.
upload_2021-7-27_7-52-51.png

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Easiest decision ever to let him go back to Michigan.

Stacked program...WJCs...he isn't making the difference here this year...if we get a high pick in 2022 (more likely than not), we can ELC them both next year for a bigger boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad