Confirmed with Link: Owen Beck Signed to 3-Year ELC

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Awesome pick this guy looks solid. Suzuki Dach Dvorak Monahan are ahead of Evans I would imagine; if Monahan is back to his old self there will be interesting decisions to make with Mesar and Beck pushing. Heck where would Dubois even play at this point, where did all those centers come from???

Dubois would be on LW a position he has played almost as much as he has centre with the Jets

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This is all fine and dandy, but I wanna see a Caufield contract too, before he explodes
Agreed, but there is this thing, called an agent or parasite if you will.
Two sides here, and CC's side says maybe wait and see?

Beck has been playing like a 1st round pick who wants to stick!! What a great pick. Off the dominate the Jr ranks and hopefully we see him next year.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Kid deserves it after how he's been playing the last few weeks!

Projecting into the future, but our center depth is looking really good.

Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson
Suzuki
Dach
Beck

Who out of the above is better suited to play wing?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson
Suzuki
Dach
Beck

The 2023 guys I think would all be better suited for wing than Suzuki or Dach.

Tbh either Carlsson or Fantilli would be good with Dach (or Dubois) they are left handed and can take faceoffs on their strong side and Dach as a righty can take them on his.

Reactions: FloJack

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Watch Beck end up being the player we needed to get out of the tank over Slafkovsky. Lol
0fc.gif

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Hard working, intelligent hockey player with talent. He’s going to be our Carbonneau of the future. A faceoff winning machine, that can shutdown the opposition and score. Glad he’s signed, and I look forward to a big year in his development.

Reactions: FloJack

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Congratulations to Beck, he has earned it and will be seriously looked at for a spot next season with several veterans' contracts ending. Beck, Slafkovsky, and Heineman should all be looking for a regular spot next year along with the young defensemen. One more year of futility in store before the team starts to take shape.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson
Suzuki
Dach
Beck

Imo, that's a heck of a center depth no need to move any of them to wing. If Hutson's body doesn't co-operate I would consider him a candidate for wing.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Bedard

PLD - Suzuki - Caufield
Slaf - Dach - Bedard
Farrell - Beck - Mesar

:nod:

The 2023 guys I think would all be better suited for wing than Suzuki or Dach.

Tbh either Carlsson or Fantilli would be good with Dach (or Dubois) they are left handed and can take faceoffs on their strong side and Dach as a righty can take them on his.

Crazy to think that our (most likely) best player would be drafted at C, but would be played at W. But having a combo of Suzuki - Caufield and Dach - Bedard would be absolutely insane to watch for decades.

Imo, that's a heck of a center depth no need to move any of them to wing. If Hutson's body doesn't co-operate I would consider him a candidate for wing.
Yeah I wouldn't mind also having just 4 really centers on each line. Just need to fill them up with equally as good wingers.

Reactions: waitin425

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Awesome pick this guy looks solid. Suzuki Dach Dvorak Monahan are ahead of Evans I would imagine; if Monahan is back to his old self there will be interesting decisions to make with Mesar and Beck pushing. Heck where would Dubois even play at this point, where did all those centers come from???
Plus another center in the top 5 of 2023 draft.

We're going to have a surplus of forwards!!

Reactions: Naslundforever

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Amazing to have everyone in this thread be unanimous about a player.

But, that is now. What was it, back then?

Just look at the first page of posts when Beck was drafted and you get a whole other picture: Prospect Info: - [2022 - 33rd] Owen Beck (OHL - Mississauga Steelheads)

How quickly several of us ditched or questioned the pick. This was a prime example of waiting to see the player perform before making an assessment. Glad HuGo got this one right.

We may just be looking at a top 6C in the making.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Amazing to have everyone in this thread be unanimous about a player.

But, that is now. What was it, back then?

Just look at the first page of posts when Beck was drafted and you get a whole other picture: Prospect Info: - [2022 - 33rd] Owen Beck (OHL - Mississauga Steelheads)

How quickly several of us ditched or questioned the pick. This was a prime example of waiting to see the player perform before making an assessment. Glad HuGo got this one right.

We may just be looking at a top 6C in the making.
Thanks for that wormhole! I’m trying to work here!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Bedard

PLD - Suzuki - Caufield
Slaf - Dach - Bedard
Farrell - Beck - Mesar

:nod:

This isn't an unrealistic lineup. We have that future top 9 minus PLD and Bedard. PLD is there for the taking. We seem to have the goods this year to finish very low and then could very well land Bedard, Fantelli or Mishkov.

Reactions: waitin425

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Beck has been sent back to Junior.
As it should be. He's been great and really opened a lot of eyes. He's held his own vs. NHL opposition, but he still has lots of development left in the OHL. I want to see him go back there to develop his offense and work on his shot.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
As it should be. He's been great and really opened a lot of eyes. He's held his own vs. NHL opposition, but he still has lots of development left in the OHL. I want to see him go back there to develop his offense and work on his shot.
Probably the most surprising rookie during the exhibition season. I think Beck more than held his own against elite NHL players . This kid will be an important player for the Canadiens in the near future.

Reactions: Paddy17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad