Confirmed with Link: Owen Beck Signed to 3-Year ELC

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Beck reminds me of Guhle. Meaning that you see it right away, they both play an NHL-ready game. Guhle, since his first camp, you saw it. You see the same with Beck.

These are players that go straight into the NHL. If they do get AHL time, it wouldn't be for long.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know if they will send him back to Mississauga after tonight's game. Or if they bring him to the Maritimes for the last two preseason games simply to have him around the guys when they go for team suppers or have team bonding time so he can rub elbows with them and go back to Junior with that little extra experience.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Awesome pick this guy looks solid. Suzuki Dach Dvorak Monahan are ahead of Evans I would imagine; if Monahan is back to his old self there will be interesting decisions to make with Mesar and Beck pushing. Heck where would Dubois even play at this point, where did all those centers come from???

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Love it! Very well deserved.

If we take one of the many great centers next draft we'll be absolutely stacked at center, especially if Monahan bounces back which is possible.

Suzuki
Fantilli/Dvorsky
Dach
Monahan
Beck
Evans

Reactions: Tyson

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This is such great news. This guy is a perfect 3rd line centre as soon as next year, with a development path that will see him climb in the lineup. Suzuki, Dach, Beck and Evans down the middle, gives up flexibility with Dvorak and Monahan.

Love it

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Love it! Very well deserved.

If we take one of the many great centers next draft we'll be absolutely stacked at center, especially if Monahan bounces back which is possible.

Suzuki
Fantilli/Dvorsky
Dach
Monahan
Beck
Evans

You forgot Dvorak, but I can possibly see both Dvorak and Monahan being moved if they have decent years

Reactions: Redux91 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad