Confirmed with Link: Owen Beck Signed to 3-Year ELC

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
If we have that much depth you can bet someone is being moved for top D prospect/ top 2 established D

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He has quite easily been the best of our 2022 draft class so far.......where are all the whiners claiming that he was a meh/vanilla pick now?
When people only look skin deep he doesn't sound that great. Just a little research and you find that he managed to keep up with Beluz in points while being on the 2nd line and being more well rounded.

I was reading about Beck a lot this last year because the Devils resident draft guru wouldn't stop raving about how awesome he was. :laugh:

Reactions: Habs13

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He has quite easily been the best of our 2022 draft class so far.......where are all the whiners claiming that he was a meh/vanilla pick now?
I'd say quite easily is a bit of a stretch. Mesar has been fantastic as well.

But I loved the Beck pick from Day 1. Kid is very good.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Amazing to have everyone in this thread be unanimous about a player.

But, that is now. What was it, back then?

Just look at the first page of posts when Beck was drafted and you get a whole other picture: Prospect Info: - [2022 - 33rd] Owen Beck (OHL - Mississauga Steelheads)

How quickly several of us ditched or questioned the pick. This was a prime example of waiting to see the player perform before making an assessment. Glad HuGo got this one right.

We may just be looking at a top 6C in the making.
I'm pretty happy with my comments in that thread.

"In my opinion, this pick is going to blow the minds of people. I really think this player will be special."

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm pretty happy with my comments in that thread.

"In my opinion, this pick is going to blow the minds of people. I really think this player will be special."
No one was referring to you specifically, only to a vast number of posters who were initially dismissive of the selection. And of course, it’s quite all right that they got it wrong, happens all the time on this forum.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If we have that much depth you can bet someone is being moved for top D prospect/ top 2 established D
And/or in a couple years Habs are going to have to attach some sweeteners to get rid of one or both of the Anderson and Gallagher deals. I hope if we see guys traded for picks this year they're going to be 2024 and later because there's not really a friendly buyout year for Gallagher and they're going to have to dump him

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I like Dubois next to Suzuki ans Caufield more than I like slaf there.. but this is premature

Long term I'd prefer Slaf because he is more of a pass first player imo.

Also Dubois being a lefty C/LW hybrid would help Dach a lot. Dach can take faceoffs on the right and Dubois on the left.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
And/or in a couple years Habs are going to have to attach some sweeteners to get rid of one or both of the Anderson and Gallagher deals. I hope if we see guys traded for picks this year they're going to be 2024 and later because there's not really a friendly buyout year for Gallagher and they're going to have to dump him
Why are we getting rid of Anderson especially.. he’s a guy we want / need. He would go for a haul if traded today.

Gallagher may rebound to a 20 goal scorer who knows.

Reactions: Habs13

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Why are we getting rid of Anderson especially.. he’s a guy we want / need. He would go for a haul if traded today.

$$$ and I don't expect him to age that well. Habs could realistically in the next couple years be adding a top 2023 forward and PLD without even factoring in the many good forward prospects they've added in the last few drafts. Only so much money and top nine slots to go around
Even if Gallagher rebounds to a 20 goal scorer his contract is not good, one of my favourite Habs ever but the contract is a boat anchor

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No one was referring to you specifically, only to a vast number of posters who were initially dismissive of the selection. And of course, it’s quite all right that they got it wrong, happens all the time on this forum.
Oh, I didn't say you were. I was just commenting that I'm glad people see things the way I saw them now!

We all have really bad takes sometimes. Sometimes we have really good takes. I can tell you some prospects I was high on that turned out AWFUL. And vice versa, I've had successful takes on good players who got drafted 100 spots later than I had them.

A haul? Absolutely no way he goes for a haul. If we could get a 1st for him and haven't made that trade, we're insane.

My guess would be a late 2nd + a prospect like Smilanic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad