Post-Game Talk: Ovi's 700 Club vs Gilligan's Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm siding the with the players. They are playing what the coaches tell them to do. The coaches don't know what their doing. Their coaching schemes are setting up the players to fail.

When the Isles made it 2-0 the TV camera panned over to Reirden who had that look like he might be on the verge of losing his job.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I'm siding the with the players. They are playing what the coaches tell them to do. The coaches don't know what their doing. Their coaching schemes are setting up the players to fail.

When the Isles made it 2-0 the TV camera panned over to Reirden who had that look like he might be on the verge of losing his job.
Team is too talented and will get to playoffs. However, this guy is nowhere near Trotz. A early exit and he’s going to be gone.

Reactions: Firsov99

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The defense is so god damn bad. Their gaps are bad, hell it is all bad. Also, why is Todd putting a Ovi and Nicky our together on a 4 on 4? Way too slow for that at this point in their career.
The players do whatever they want. Missed assignments defensively all over the place. Only two forwards in the top 6 forecheck (Oshie and Wilson). Terrible starts. Bad passing. Long periods where they look disengaged and lack effort.

Teams go through rough patches but even when the Caps have been winning, they hardly inspire confidence. They win on their skill. If anything, the best they have looked is when they are losing and they actually play with urgency (@Boston, vs. Pitt, etc.). I don’t see any way that Reirden makes this a better team. Obviously we are not in the room but he doesn’t seem to do too much. I would seriously consider hiring a really good coach in Gallant while he’s available.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I would settle for Orpik suiting up. The team is missing his leadership IMO.
We definitely miss his presence. But it’s more of a coaching issue. We obviously have time to fix things, but it shouldn’t be a shocker if we lose in the first round again.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
This happens every January or February with this team. If it extends into March then we have a problem. We will make a trade at the deadline and the team will rebound.

Reactions: Pomee and troyerlaw

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This happens every January or February with this team. If it extends into March then we have a problem. We will make a trade at the deadline and the team will rebound.
That is possible. But I also know that the issues we highlighted this time last year were the exact issues that caused us to lose in the first round. And these same issues are rearing their ugly head again.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Connolly, Burakovsky, Beagle, DSP, Chiasson, Stephenson, Niskanen, Orpik, and Djoos were all regulars on the Cup winning team. Oh, about 75% different coaches too.

This team is a lot different. Half of the skaters are different. Half the goalies are different. Most of the coaching staff.

just to keep that in perspective. Maybe we just haven’t added winners - or we have new players who never or don’t know Trotz system and it’s just now working with Reirdon.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Team is too talented and will get to playoffs. However, this guy is nowhere near Trotz. A early exit and he’s going to be gone.

Just curious, but Trotz had some talented teams here, and he had early exits in each of his first three seasons here... he didn't get fired then, why do we think TR would after only two early exits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad