Ovechkin watching the zamboni

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
I know if I was one of the other Russian players, I would be pretty annoyed. If I'm a player huddled in the Russian locker room, having the coach go over strategy, and oh, where is Ovechkin?! He is on the bench chatting with fans.

I guess he puts himself infront of the team.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
I'm sure there's a lot more "strange" stuff that players do in the locker rooms.. Tucker for example, mixes coffee with coke and drinks that before every game..

wow, he aint gonna live long... no wonder he's psychotic :lol

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
stockbroker said:
I know if I was one of the other Russian players, I would be pretty annoyed. If I'm a player huddled in the Russian locker room, having the coach go over strategy, and oh, where is Ovechkin?! He is on the bench chatting with fans.

I guess he puts himself infront of the team.

:shakehead

Coaches (some of them) don't usually go through the strategy right after the period ends. The first few minutes are spent "winding down". Atleast this was the explanation used by a commentator in Finland when the before mentioned Czech player's habbit was talked about. And FYI, that player was his teams best scorer and one of the best two way forwards in the league.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
MOGiLNY said:
I'm sure there's a lot more "strange" stuff that players do in the locker rooms.. Tucker for example, mixes coffee with coke and drinks that before every game..

Got to love Tucker, he's a workhorse, that must give him an extra boost of energy

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Foppa_Rules said:
I agree with your other points, but I don't think he's superstitious. He didn't mention superstition in the interview....

Of course he didn't mention superstition in the interview, he probably has a superstition not to mention his superstitions. ;)

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Dec 4, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
If the team was doing anythign important for the game in those 5 minutes in the locker room I bet Ovechkin would be in the locker room listening. I doubt the coach spends the whole 15 minutes talking about the game. I bet they spend the first 5-10 minutes taking off uncomfortable equipment, drinking water, reflecting on their own and sharpening skates. Stuff like that. I think Ovechkin spending time with the fans is great and I hope the Caps let him do it when he plays in the NHL.

IkeaMonkey*

Jussi said:
:shakehead

Coaches (some of them) don't usually go through the strategy right after the period ends. The first few minutes are spent "winding down". Atleast this was the explanation used by a commentator in Finland when the before mentioned Czech player's habbit was talked about. And FYI, that player was his teams best scorer and one of the best two way forwards in the league.

Exactly.Coaches usually arent even in the main room of a locker room in the first 5 minutes of an intermission. "Strategy" is usually discussed after the coaching staff talks away from the players, then comes back to the main room to discuss it with the team. Most "strategy" is done on the bench.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
And what were you expecting? 50 points? 100 points? It's not my fault if you expect unrealistic things from a 19-year old. Of course I wouldn't expect you to take into account that you have seen only 1 or 2 games from 1 tournament, and that it would be rather foolish to judge him based on a single tournament, let alone a single game, rather than his consistent performance throughout his career.

no crap. The guy was easily the best player on the ice for the whole game. He went end to end on the US and scored quite easily on Montoya. The pass that he made to set up(2nd or 3rd goal) was so fast and accurate that the camera didn't even follow. And it was through 3 USA players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad