Proposal: Ovechkin to Pittsburgh

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Former New York Ranger Patrick Kane has signed with the Detroit Red Wings.

And who could forget about Caps legends Henrik Lundqvist and Zdeno Chara.
Apples to Oranges.

1. NYR and Hawks aren’t divisional rivals.

2. Lundqvist was also bought out by NYR because he was an $8.75m 3rd string goalie that was at the end of his career and they couldn’t justify keeping him at that cap hit.

8To34

Feb 21, 2024
Crosby to Washington makes more sense as they are the better team. Caps also have more assets, Pens would could I guess Pettersson, Guentzel (flipped again), Yager, 2025/26 first but still probably not enough

• Haha
Reactions: domaug

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I don’t have a dog in this fight but Ovi and Sid have been competing with each other since they both started in the league.

With all the injuries in Washington, Ovi doesn’t have much of a chance to break Gretzky’s
goal record.

Why not trade him to Pittsburgh so that Sid and co. can help him do that while they work together for one last cup.

Both Pittsburgh and Washington have to rebuild, why not give this a go before and give these guys a chance?

Would make for one hell of a run.
I didn’t even finish reading this, but it might be one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Well Crosby would have to pick another number in Washington. 87 is reserved for Caps great Donald Brashear :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: SherVaughn30

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Crosby to Washington makes more sense as they are the better team. Caps also have more assets, Pens would could I guess Pettersson, Guentzel (flipped again), Yager, 2025/26 first but still probably not enough
playing along what would Pitt or Wash even want for their stars. This trade either way wouldnt be your normal trade. Wouldnt think either team is interested in dropping multiple 1sts for 2 aging stars.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
This is just one of those things that should never be allowed to happen. Ever.

It would be like seeing Steve Yzerman in an Avalanche jersey.
How many teams did Wayne Gretzky play for? Besides, it’s revenge for trading Jagr away to the Capitals for Kris Beech. This proposal is a DIRECT response actually. And didn’t the Capitals beat the Penguins the year they won the Cup? Still a rivalry but not much hatred anymore.

I think it would actually be good for the game to see this happen.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I can't imagine breaking the all time goals record in his rivals uniform is something he wants to do either.
It wouldn't be for sure.

But it would be fun seeing those two play together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad