Proposal: Ovechkin to Pittsburgh

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I don’t have a dog in this fight but Ovi and Sid have been competing with each other since they both started in the league.

With all the injuries in Washington, Ovi doesn’t have much of a chance to break Gretzky’s
goal record.

Why not trade him to Pittsburgh so that Sid and co. can help him do that while they work together for one last cup.

Both Pittsburgh and Washington have to rebuild, why not give this a go before and give these guys a chance?

Would make for one hell of a run.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hard to do though when kuznetsov and backstrom are both out long term.

Agreed, tho I think the Caps would accommodate him as best they could if it got to the point where he wants to play elsewhere. I.e. playing with Sid/Geno is appealing, but who knows maybe he'd have other options like joining a cup contender or a team with an elite young center that he could pair up with.

IMO anything of that sort wouldn't happen until after next season anyhow. His contract expires in 2026 so if the Caps were to trade him with heavy retention, it would be for one year which is manageable.

(I imagine they'd have to retain 50% or close to that to facilitate a trade to a contender).

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How about Crosby to Caps, they’d have a better shot at winning than Ovi going to PIT

How we feel about this caps/pens fans? I know he wouldn't wear the C but I found it online.

vqk0XjU.png

But wait theres more!!!

YkfYtrf.png

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
It would be hilarious. But it makes no sense for either team. A near-40 year old Ovi doesn't make Pittsburgh a playoff contender, and Washington could surely get a better package for Ovi from a different (actual contending) team if they really wanted to trade him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad