Pre-Game Talk: Ovechkin to Break Gretzky's Record Tomorrow: Habs/Caps

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
This is what a coach should sound like.

Unfortunately he doesn't speak the language required by the media.

I don't know, this Luke guy could learn A LOT from DD about engaging the media, and putting on a game face that screams "I'm paying attention!"

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
I read in yesterday's paper that even if Ovie played last night hes not allowed to come to canada with the team did that change ?

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Don’t expect much change for tonight’s game.

There’s a high chance that St-Louis will run the same line-up for a few games before we see some change. I’m expecting to see people lose their mind if some of players are on line they shouldn’t be. This will give him time to have a good assessment of the situation.

I can’t wait to see the game. I’m not expecting a win, but hopefully they fight back a bit and that move gives a bit of energy to the group. I’m just happy Ducharme is gone and we get to see some emotion/intensity behind the bench.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Don’t expect much change for tonight’s game.

There’s a high chance that St-Louis will run the same line-up for a few games before we see some change. I’m expecting to see people lose their mind if some of players are on line they shouldn’t be. This will give him time to have a good assessment of the situation.

I can’t wait to see the game. I’m not expecting a win, but hopefully they fight back a bit and that move gives a bit of energy to the group. I’m just happy Ducharme is gone and we get to see some emotion/intensity behind the bench.
I like that he's a recently retired former player who's local, highly respected and has been on some awful sub-30 win Lightning teams. He's been in this position before, he knows what our guys need to hear. Exactly the kind of coach our players can connect with and rally around. I think he'll light a fire under their asses.

Reactions: MadMslm

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Are we watching this one boys? Is marty behind the bench? What if its a 3D chess move to get us to tune in and watch marty:laugh:. Im pretty sure our interim coach could still cone our entire D corps in practice :laugh::(

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Lines at practice today:

Lehkonen - Suzuki - Toffoli
Pitlick - Evans - Anderson
Hoffman - Dauphin - Gallagher
Armia - Poehling - Caufield
Pezzetta - Dvorak - Paquette

Byron had a treatment day

Habs' official site said there was a lot of rotation among the D pairs so they didn't list them.

What are the odds the new coach will alter the lineup and players?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I thought this game would be fun, seeing Ovie score at will. Sadly, he won't be there.

Will this give the Habs an extra incentive to impress their new coach?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wonder if Dvorak finna be ready for this one already? He real close I hear. The man is one of the key puzzles for surely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad