Pre-Game Talk: Ovechkin to Break Gretzky's Record Tomorrow: Habs/Caps

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd like to see Marty break a stick over Petry's head looney tunes style. Petry has pushed more people into his own goalies than he has goals.

Reactions: Gravity

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Can't wait to see how he deploys lines. Enough with balancing lines. Make a 4th line a 4th line. Put players with talent and skill in top lines.

I don't need to see Poehling on the 4th line anymore, he is more important and better than guys like Lehkonen

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can't wait to see how he deploys lines. Enough with balancing lines. Make a 4th line a 4th line. Put players with talent and skill in top lines.

I don't need to see Poehling on the 4th line anymore, he is more important and better than guys like Lehkonen

I get your overall point and I'm curious as well but Poehling is a center and Lehkonen is a winger. They don't block each other.

Caufield on the other hand is one that needs more ice time over Lehkonen. Talent needs to play with talent but we also have to ensure we have muscle mixed in. There are many different forms of line-ups we can create but I do agree with you overall. The lines Ducharme tried and how he blocked Romanov, KK, Caufield to start the playoffs last year was weird. And he continued those weird line-ups this year.

Reactions: blarneylad

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I suspect he will play refreshed tonight and look more like old Petry

Might take more than tonight but yeah, I agree. Petry can play a little looser knowing that MSL will back him up with his creativity and reading plays. It applies to so many other players and the younger ones even more. Still need to be defensively responsible but not to be obsessed by it where it limits your skill.

I honestly feel Ducharme was groomed by the wrong coach (Julien). Julien was just another Therrien but a nicer human. The system was still the same where it forced players to play a style that did not fit their skill. Ducharme basically had the same structure Julien had with minor adjustments. There was a clear trend over a span of years where the system held us back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel the players energy will be there cause they will step up for MSL. Why? Cause I think they respect him and the hard work he had when he was a player. Ducharme was not a players coach and he was too focused on mistakes.

Imagine doing your job where your manager jabs you every day about little mistakes? Nobody excels in this structure of management

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I feel the players energy will be there cause they will step up for MSL. Why? Cause I think they respect him and the hard work he had when he was a player. Ducharme was not a players coach and he was too focused on mistakes.

Imagine doing your job where your manager jabs you every day about little mistakes? Nobody excels in this structure of management

I hate to be that guy but you missed a dot at the end of your last sentence. :sarcasm:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I get your overall point and I'm curious as well but Poehling is a center and Lehkonen is a winger. They don't block each other.

Caufield on the other hand is one that needs more ice time over Lehkonen. Talent needs to play with talent but we also have to ensure we have muscle mixed in. There are many different forms of line-ups we can create but I do agree with you overall. The lines Ducharme tried and how he blocked Romanov, KK, Caufield to start the playoffs last year was weird. And he continued those weird line-ups this year.
You got my point, I used Poehling and Lehkonen to draw out the point that certain guys over certain guys, that particular example was a tad faulty for sure.

Dauphin for example, Pitlick shouldn't be playing over Caufield or Poehling is more the just of what I'm saying

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You got my point, I used Poehling and Lehkonen to draw out the point that certain guys over certain guys, that particular example was a tad faulty for sure.

Dauphin for example, Pitlick shouldn't be playing over Caufield or Poehling is more the just of what I'm saying

I've learned from my days on HF boards. Nit picking stupid stuff is stupid. It's not rocket science... your point was clear and most in our herd feels the same. It's a nice refreshing change for sure.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I would bet money Caufield scores tonight. We’re still losing but it’ll be fun to watch how disorganized they’ll be first time out of a system.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I’d like to see that lineup tonight! Giving a chance to Caufield, Poehling, Pitlick instead of Dauphine…

Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Hoffman-Evans-Caufield
Lehkonen-Poehling-Gallagher
Pitlick-Byron-Armia

Romanov-Chariot
Kulak-Petry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad